#101 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,420 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 5 days ago

The FU (forum union) votes for 125.7 ELO points being restored to fairy33a and their opponent sebp be forced to listen to the 'Mr Blobby song' on endless repeat for 3 hours. Sebp will also receive a 1 week ban from the internet.

I keep mixing you and fks posting because you have the same person as profile lol

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

-Fairway, December 2015

#102 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,657 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 4 days ago

Why is Davidjohnson6388 still around? I just played him and he draw refused. Looks like he should have been permanently banned a long time ago.

He fell through a crack the last time but we got him this time.

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#103 Morx

Morx

Miner

• WC Online Team
  • 221 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 4 days ago

This is probably not the right thread for it, but Malcom actually put up a nice suggestion  in this thread yesterday.

"Maybe the position of moderator should be an elected one with a set term. Having the committee change or be re-approved from time to time might be best for everyone."

What I like in this thought is the best for  everyone part. At the moment the method chosen to create the team seems to result in get more of the same. I also like the re-approve part. Right now the team seems to operate strickly by the book on some of the policies, but clearly not on all.

When these things are put in the open they are laughed away or simply ignored or the person questioning them is not taken serious. To have the respect from all the players thats not the best way to run things.

#104 smu_qa

smu_qa

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 4 days ago

I can't believe I wasted my time with this permanently banned loser. Why was he still allowed to play?

https://imgur.com/rAY9j6j

He fell through a crack the last time but we got him this time.

Thanks. Will I be given back my points at the same time since I posted my surrender screen? Had I known that I could have done that at the beginning of the game, I wouldn't have played him at all.

#105 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Moderators
  • 2,148 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 4 days ago

This is probably not the right thread for it, but Malcom actually put up a nice suggestion  in this thread yesterday.

"Maybe the position of moderator should be an elected one with a set term. Having the committee change or be re-approved from time to time might be best for everyone."

What I like in this thought is the best for  everyone part. At the moment the method chosen to create the team seems to result in get more of the same. I also like the re-approve part. Right now the team seems to operate strickly by the book on some of the policies, but clearly not on all.

When these things are put in the open they are laughed away or simply ignored or the person questioning them is not taken serious. To have the respect from all the players thats not the best way to run things.

personnally i like this idea. For your information we have already started discussing this within MT as we have been asked to prepare elections for greek TMs. Today and since creation of MT each time a mod expresses the wish to quit MT we were looking for substitutes that would fullfill following criteria:

- have sufficient availability to handle cases on a daily or nearly daily basis on the forum

- have good command of english

- MT members shall consist of representatve members from all main communities (= at least 1 greek, 1 dutch, 1 USA and 1 "other"

- ability to work in team at international level

with regard to last point which is probably the most important one we have been used to propose candidates and select people who are unanimously approved by all mods, knowing that if one new mod would join who is not "compatible" with another one this may for sure give some disaster soon or later and MT would not be able to work properly, that's why we would renounce to such "not compatible" candidate. Now I fully agree with you the disadvantage of this method is that we do not necessarily listen to the voice of the forum community, which is not good.

I also agree with you this is not the right topic for this discussion so if you wish you may start a new topic with some proposal how to do that with the spirit to maintain good sake of stratego.com. Any constructive discussion is even welcome.

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#106 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,657 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 4 days ago

Thanks. Will I be given back my points at the same time since I posted my surrender screen? Had I known that I could have done that at the beginning of the game, I wouldn't have played him at all.

You lost 11 points by quitting the game. So yes those points will be restored. Pending admin action of course.

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#107 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Captain

• Moderators
  • 940 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 4 days ago

If there is a queue of people wanting to do the MT job I'd like to know who they are.

Posts implying there is some unfairness in the process of who gets to be in MT might be justified if there are people that really want to do it but have not been asked. I'm not aware there are any but maybe I'm wrong.

If it's practical for them never to have more than a few days away from the forum , and more usually be here at least 5 days a week , expecting to make at least 3 dozen posts a week in various threads , PMs , and the private MT forum ( many of these posts will necessarily be quite lengthy ) and they don't mind being routinely referred to as a retarded Nazi moron ( I don't mind ) then we are keen to hear from them.

The original MT was before my time so I don't know if it was elected.

In my time , when a new member was required , the existing members decided on a replacement.

At one point an interview process was envisaged but almost everyone contacted made clear they had no interest at all in doing it.

Hence my scepticism that there are people lined up to replace us.
  • GaryLShelton, Don_Homer, Napoleon 1er and 3 others like this

#108 Fks

Fks

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Scout

Posted 4 days ago

I don't understand why people have a problem with the MT in general. They volunteer there time to help run the Stratego community with no reward. Idk if people are getting mixed up that the MT had Administrative powers over the site or not but Mods aren't able to do many things they just hold everything together and make sure This Stratego platform runs as smooth as possible. I personally respect GaryLShelton, Tobermoryx, lonello, Danispgr and major Nelson now and Napoleon 1er for all the time they devote helping our community out :)
  • Don_Homer likes this

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#109 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,657 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 4 days ago

Hi,

I would like to report this user for draw refuse. He has no miners, did not know any of my bombs left, and I could not pass with my general his Marsh, He was most of the time only moving his marsh and tried nothing. I offer twice a draw, no reaction. Finally I resigned after many moves see picture. i was playing with my second account murat74. Hope pictures will say enough.

291i980.png

153b28m.png

294rz0o.png

oup8at.png

ixczd4.png

2dgjl7q.png

I sent many pictures for a clear evidence, Thanks for checking.

bobdylanrules, the images above are difficult to try and decipher timestamp data from.  Can you provide clearer images to us?  Thanks,

Gary

#110 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Sergeant

• Moderators
  • 493 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 15 hours ago

I honestly don't care if he wanted to use the avatar. Why was a PM sent to him to take it down when no complaints were made? I found it a bit distasteful, but had no problems with it. Can you tell me which rule was broken? and while at it, also explain why OS's post, despite being seen by several MT members, was not taken down? ( I personally laughed at it anyway, but it does count as an insult ). Why would a mod (napoleon) make a joke about it while his colleague says "the MT did not take this insult to you lightly". This is a clear bogus statement.

"Did not take lightly" would, when dealing with (semi)serious people, imply:

1. Hide/Remove post
2. Inform offender about it
3. Discuss warning point

Here it's:

1. Notice it
2. Do nothing
3. Make a joke comment about it
4. Do nothing
5. Say "It was not taken lightly"
6. Let the post remain

7. To be added later

Again, I don't care about OS's post, but I am sick of the high level of hypocrisy displayed. It just once more shows why OS fully deserved the challenged middlefinger award.

I am not sure whether Fks violated any rules, I just find it a distasteful joke to put another person's photo on your profile. The other MT members agreed, which is why we sent a pm to Fks asking him to remove it.
As for Old Sock's post, the MT discussed how to deal with it at a pm but since you said that you didn't really have a problem with it (even laughed at it) we decided to do nothing about it.
When I said the MT did not take it lightly I was refering to Fks putting a photo of you on his profile, and I meant it; the MT soon sent a pm to him asking him to remove it - sorry if we misunderstood and you don't have a problem with your photo being used by another player, our mistake (personally I would be furious if it was my photo but of course not all people feel the same way about it, sorry for our erroneous rushed judgement).
Old Sock's post was under discussion and no official decision had been reached by the MT; at this time Napoleon 1er made his joke.
Winning isn 't everything, but wanting to win is.

#111 Nortrom

Nortrom

Major

• WC Online Team
  • 1,020 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 hours ago

I did resign from the MT yesterday but after much discussion with the other MT members I was persuaded to stay.
About Fks' poor selection of profile picture, a pm was sent to him by the MT asking him to remove it almost immediately after Ouwesok pointed it out, so I can assure you that although Napoleon 1er did make a joke about it the MT did not take this insult to you lightly.

"When I said the MT did not take it lightly I was refering to Fks putting a photo of you on his profile, and I meant it; the MT soon sent a pm to him asking him to remove it - sorry if we misunderstood and you don't have a problem with your photo being used by another player, our mistake (personally I would be furious if it was my photo but of course not all people feel the same way about it, sorry for our erroneous rushed judgement).

Old Sock's post was under discussion and no official decision had been reached by the MT; at this time Napoleon 1er made his joke. " 

First you say it refers to the insult thrown out by OuweSok, now you say it is about FKs action? Can you make it clear to which part you are referring?

"As for Old Sock's post, the MT discussed how to deal with it at a pm but since you said that you didn't really have a problem with it (even laughed at it) we decided to do nothing about it." 

Thanks for clearing that up. It might be because I am made of thick skin and know how the internet works; get out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat. Of course I'm going to laugh at it, I mean, its just banter, but one would expect this to also work the other way around. All this does not change the fact that the post made was in clear violation of the rules. Which is, I believe, MT's department to handle, report or not.

By not taking any action, you are basically giving a license to dish out insults (again, fine by me), but I do trust that this applies for everyone :)

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

Follow the 3rd Online World Championship: http://forum.strateg...d-championship/

#112 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Sergeant

• Moderators
  • 493 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 hours ago

"When I said the MT did not take it lightly I was refering to Fks putting a photo of you on his profile, and I meant it; the MT soon sent a pm to him asking him to remove it - sorry if we misunderstood and you don't have a problem with your photo being used by another player, our mistake (personally I would be furious if it was my photo but of course not all people feel the same way about it, sorry for our erroneous rushed judgement).
Old Sock's post was under discussion and no official decision had been reached by the MT; at this time Napoleon 1er made his joke. " 

First you say it refers to the insult thrown out by OuweSok, now you say it is about FKs action? Can you make it clear to which part you are referring?

"As for Old Sock's post, the MT discussed how to deal with it at a pm but since you said that you didn't really have a problem with it (even laughed at it) we decided to do nothing about it." 

Thanks for clearing that up. It might be because I am made of thick skin and know how the internet works; get out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat. Of course I'm going to laugh at it, I mean, its just banter, but one would expect this to also work the other way around. All this does not change the fact that the post made was in clear violation of the rules. Which is, I believe, MT's department to handle, report or not.

By not taking any action, you are basically giving a license to dish out insults (again, fine by me), but I do trust that this applies for everyone :)

I was referring to Fks' action.
Winning isn 't everything, but wanting to win is.

#113 Guldin

Guldin

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted An hour ago

i just had the worst draw refusal experience ever with alwych. cant see this being his first offense. i wont be able to post evidence til later

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users