Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:25 PM

Draw refusal by 12

I thought this person is banned. I had “pleasure” to play with her. She has guessed couple pieces at beginning and then delayed the game. Said that intentionally waits 9 min 55 sec before progressing the game. Did this ones but failed to do second time.

https://imgur.com/gallery/q9bFkZT

#622 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:39 PM

What makes you think that the player "12" is a "she,"  mazuzam?

#623 mazuzam

mazuzam

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:34 AM

KissMyCookie,

Do you ask others what makes them think the player is he if they refer to them as he?

#624 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 June 2018 - 02:08 AM

KissMyCookie,

Do you ask others what makes them think the player is he if they refer to them as he?

"12" is a guy.
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#625 mazuzam

mazuzam

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 23 June 2018 - 03:20 AM

"12" is a guy.

I would argue with that. Do you know that for a fact?

#626 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 23 June 2018 - 07:54 AM

KissMyCookie,

My question is reasonable. Most players on this site are male–there are very few female players here compared with the number of male players; thus, to answer your question, it is more likely that a player will be male. Now, most female players here are not the least bit interested in causing trouble with other players–they are focused on the game and playing well, using their wits and skill to maximum value, and to having some fun and having a quality challenge. Compare that with guys/trolls who are wanting to make trouble, chat nasty messages, upset other people intentionally, scout setups to cheat, create endless lists of alias accounts...usually, women are not the least bit interested in any of this nonsense.

As for player 12, I find it very interesting (seriously), I believe that you have your reasons for believing that 12 is female, and I am very interested in your reasons as to why–not to argue or to debate, because I will respect your feelings...I would like to understand them is all. That is why I asked you.

Thank you in advance.

KMC

#627 mazuzam

mazuzam

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:33 PM

My question is reasonable. Most players on this site are male–there are very few female players here compared with the number of male players; thus, to answer your question, it is more likely that a player will be male. Now, most female players here are not the least bit interested in causing trouble with other players–they are focused on the game and playing well, using their wits and skill to maximum value, and to having some fun and having a quality challenge. Compare that with guys/trolls who are wanting to make trouble, chat nasty messages, upset other people intentionally, scout setups to cheat, create endless lists of alias accounts...usually, women are not the least bit interested in any of this nonsense.

As for player 12, I find it very interesting (seriously), I believe that you have your reasons for believing that 12 is female, and I am very interested in your reasons as to why–not to argue or to debate, because I will respect your feelings...I would like to understand them is all. That is why I asked you.

Thank you in advance.

KMC

I wonder where you get all this information from. Looks like you are doing sociological studies on behaviors between men and women. I am not sure if you have all your data straight though.

At the end I do not care if she is a she or she is a he. What matters is that she delays games on purpose and is very rude player. She has refused 2 draw offers. After first it took her about 10min to advance. After secon she did not advance within 10min. I also have reported her before for delaying the game so it is clear that this person has no ethics and rightfully should be banned.

Best
  • KissMyCookie likes this

#628 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:55 PM

You may be sure, mazuzam, that I agree with your principles and ideas concerning good sportsmanship–there is never any excuse for delaying gameplay, stalling to upset an opponent, refusing a vlid draw request, and chatting insulting messages...these are completely unacceptable. Again, on this issue, you have my complete support!  :)

Clearly, you got a strong feeling that this player is a she...may I ask you, please, what helped you to this conclusion? This is of great interest to me.

Thank you!

KMC

#629 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:55 PM

I would argue with that. Do you know that for a fact?

Yes

#630 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:57 PM

It's a well known fact that most people here that play stratego are men. I can think of only three women on the forum that are/were regularly active: Kambia, Symetric/Asymetric, and QueenBee

I would say it's safe to bet that at least 80% if not 90% of all stratego-players on this site are men. So usually I would refer to a random person on here as a "he"

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#631 ghostshadow0

ghostshadow0

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 23 June 2018 - 07:14 PM

maybe the player was referred to as a "she" similar to how military drill sergeants refer to newly minted recruits as a "she" or "girls" just to get under our skin...."you girls give me 50 push-ups!"

• rgillis783 likes this

#632 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:59 PM

Regardless of what all of you "know" and what all of you "suppose"–I would like to hear from mazuzam because mazuzam has some clear feelings about this and I need to have my radar adjusted. He very well may be the one to help me out here.

So, if you please, I am looking forward to hearing from mazuzam about describing how he reached his conclusion about the gender identity of the infamous player known as "12."

KMC

#633 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:35 AM

12 is likely a he for the reasoning KMC gives.

Mazuzam may well have no reason to think it is a she but is making the point that, in general,  assuming 'she' or 'he' is equally valid or invalid when no one knows for sure. 

• texaspete09 likes this

#634 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:38 AM

Draw refusal by Steel Gnards:

Hi, do you have any other screenshots of the game? We can discuss this but ideally we like to see 2 draw refusals with no meaningful progress in between.

#635 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:55 AM

Draw refusal by 12

I thought this person is banned. I had “pleasure” to play with her. She has guessed couple pieces at beginning and then delayed the game. Said that intentionally waits 9 min 55 sec before progressing the game. Did this ones but failed to do second time.

https://imgur.com/gallery/q9bFkZT

We opened a case for you

#636 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:23 AM

Hi, do you have any other screenshots of the game? We can discuss this but ideally we like to see 2 draw refusals with no meaningful progress in between.

Hi, sorry, I only realized it was going to the endless draw refusal after the 3rd refusal.

As you can see from the 1st screenshot, my draw refusals were all gone at the time. I did my first draw refusal after he lost his last miner. At that point we both had known generals but he had a pretty large advantage (2 majors vs 1 captain), so I thought maybe he wants to try and trick me into exchanging gens. So after circling the lake for a while I told him in chat that I can't lose with bombed in flag and by hugging the lakes and avoiding his known gen. No response.

So I did my best to send some miners and managed to clear some bombs. But my gen was still blocked by his from entering his position, and my lower pieces got lost to his majors. Only at that point did I realize he was a Draw Refuser :( Again, I chatted with him with no response whatsoever.

In over 200 games, this is the first time this happened to me. Sorry for not realizing this earlier and recording this properly. I understand if you were to judge this to be insufficient evidence, but there can be no question that he was a plain draw refuser. Burden of proof should be lower IMO.

Edited by TemplateRex, 24 June 2018 - 08:55 AM.

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#637 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:52 AM

I find it very amusing that my question has prompted a minor tempest in a teapot. Some folks have made a good guess what mazuzam's idea might be based upon, and others have provided a good answer on behalf of mazuzam–but only mazuzam can answer my question. It is my belief that the Mazz is simply being a bit ironic. All I wanted to know was what his reasoning was based upon, hence, only he could possibly answer that, but I think he would prefer not to pursue the matter. :)

For a fact, I know that the player "12" is a guy and not a gal. Most of us already knew this.

So...carry on!

#638 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 June 2018 - 09:24 AM

I find it very amusing that my question has prompted a minor tempest in a teapot. Some folks have made a good guess what mazuzam's idea might be based upon, and others have provided a good answer on behalf of mazuzam–but only mazuzam can answer my question. It is my belief that the Mazz is simply being a bit ironic. All I wanted to know was what his reasoning was based upon, hence, only he could possibly answer that, but I think he would prefer not to pursue the matter. :)

For a fact, I know that the player "12" is a guy and not a gal. Most of us already knew this.

So...carry on!

Mazuzam gets bothered when people say he instead of he/she. 

It doesn't really matter at the end of the day.. Many woman on gaming platforms rather be thought as a guy so people wont bother them.

• KissMyCookie likes this

#639 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 24 June 2018 - 11:01 AM

Many woman on gaming platforms rather be thought as a guy so people wont bother them.

The reverse is true too, in some instances–a guy pretends to be a female player, expects sexist remarks, and the clobbers their opponent.

My sister used to do online gaming (one of those combat games with lots of shooting and destroying) and was an unbelievably skilled player :ph34r: ...she just played as herself and discovered two types of players–those that liked having along a chick that could royally kick butt :) , and those guys who couldn't handle it at all :o ...when she would flatten those guys, you can imagine the kind of chat she got for it :excl: , and it always made her laugh. :lol:

• Fks likes this

#640 JoshJesh

JoshJesh

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 25 June 2018 - 12:24 PM

Draw refusal agianst JESUSTURLE

https://www.dropbox....2ISnnqLgZa?dl=0