Photo

I'm on a losing streak and I just don't know how to break it. HELP.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 kain12

kain12

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:27 AM

When I started playing I always put my flag in the corner but as you make your way up the ranks it becomes clear that it's a difficult position to defend against seasoned players who know how to come down the sides. Thanks for the encouragement and I never give up until the fat lady sings. ;)

#22 KnightofPepsi

KnightofPepsi

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:07 AM

I've gone from 450 to 294 over the past few weeks, so I'm on a losing streak too I suppose. Just reflect on the games, try to learn from mistakes, try something new, and keep having fun. And when you play opponents with lower and lower rankings eventually you should start to win...

• Major Nelson likes this

#23 Dobby125

Dobby125

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:31 AM

I've gone from 450 to 294 over the past few weeks, so I'm on a losing streak too I suppose. Just reflect on the games, try to learn from mistakes, try something new, and keep having fun. And when you play opponents with lower and lower rankings eventually you should start to win...

Silverhammer and Stratego Bob were going through the same struggle.  Watch their games on youtube to see how they are progressing. They started getting better once they slowed down their pace of play and concentrated more.  When you slow down, you can plan more than several moves ahead.  You also can spend more time thinking about what your opponent is doing.  Always ask yourself, why did that player move that piece there?  What was the purpose? Try to think like your opponent.  When the pieces get revealed later on, you'll have a better understanding of your opponent and how they play.

• Losermaker, Wogomite, Fks and 1 other like this

My Youtube Stratego Channel: https://www.youtube....cGDvlZZkGbgq0LA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users