General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 31 December 2018 - 06:16 PM

- beat my ELO record of 1033

- beat 2 of the 3 only players I've never beaten (Nortrom, Playa1 and Hielco) until 31.12.2018

- make sure this forum remains a nice place for stratego fans to exchange

- support any initiative that is promoting stratego

- did not beat my record, went to 1025 late october, nevertheless if MT would be so nice to give me back my 13 points on that case: http://forum.strateg...-2018/?p=467228 then maybe we could consider I've beaten my record! :)

- have beaten Playa1 in winter tournament and WCO18 and Nortrom in WCO 18 - goal achieved! :)

- believe with the new MT this forum is in good hands and remains a nice place for stratego fans to exchange - goal achieved! :)

- strongly supporting videos for promotion of stratego! - ultimate goal not achieved but support is obvious, so we can consider goal achieved!  :)

Wish you all a very happy new year on stratego.com!

• Dobby125, Yellowhat and TemplateRex like this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#62 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 31 December 2018 - 06:20 PM

- did not beat my record, went to 1025 late october, nevertheless if MT would be so nice to give me back my 13 points on that case: http://forum.strateg...-2018/?p=467228 then maybe we could consider I've beaten my record! :)
- have beaten Playa1 in winter tournament and WCO18 and Nortrom in WCO 18 - goal achieved! :)
- believe with the new MT this forum is in good hands and remains a nice place for stratego fans to exchange - goal achieved! :)
- strongly supporting videos for promotion of stratego! - ultimate goal not achieved but support is obvious, so we can consider goal achieved!  :)

Wish you all a very happy new year on stratego.com!

I also still have to beat Playa1 and Hielco, but 1/3 this year was waaay beyond my goals :)

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#63 Dobby125

Dobby125

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:06 PM

Beat a 700 level player with an open flag on the top row.  :)

See how many games it takes me to win with a wide open flag(an open flag with no bombs around flag on any side) on every square of the board.  This could take all year.

Upload some game videos with commentary to help beginner Stratego players get better on youtube.

Learn R programming language.

Get 2 birdies in a round of golf.

I did beat 2 players, with the flag up front, that are now in the top 150 rankings on the leaderboard.  1 is in the top 50 if you remove aliases.  :)

I didn't try the 2nd goal yet.  I might try it in a few years when I find the time.

I finally did make some stratego tutorial youtube videos.  Most turned out better than I expected.  The mystery player series with the flag up front seems to be popular.   

Didn't have time to learn R, play golf or even much Stratego.  Life got in the way of my goals.  Only played 1 round of golf this year.  Had a 2 1/2 foot putt for birdie on the last hole and choked.  :angry:

Edited by Dobby125, 31 December 2018 - 07:21 PM.

• Fairway, Yellowhat and TemplateRex like this

My Youtube Stratego Channel: https://www.youtube....cGDvlZZkGbgq0LA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users