ScottLafaro

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:59 PM

You will manage. Just like me you watch a lot of games. Eager to learn. Very effective playtime. Go go go!

• TemplateRex likes this

thus spoke zarathustra

#42 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:04 PM

You will manage. Just like me you watch a lot of games. Eager to learn. Very effective playtime. Go go go!

I watch Stratego videos on my daily train commute. Sometimes people look at my iPad to see what kind of game it is. I haven't come across anyone who recognizes it and strikes up a conversation about it.

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#43 MTinsley

MTinsley

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:14 PM

My Stratego goals before the end of 2018:-

-Attempt to reach 1000 ELO on the game and/or hope to do well in online tournaments
-If I have improved significantly, I may consider visiting the world championship.
-Figure out how to record videos, and upload some of my games to Youtube
-Help out this community in any way I can

Edited by MTinsley, 07 March 2018 - 09:14 PM.

• Don_Homer, Morx, Master Mind and 5 others like this

#44 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 899 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:12 AM

4 months down, 8 to go. Update :

-Reach a rating of 1000 LOL still a long way
-Win promotion to Apex Division in Pyramid League (top 3 in Core or otherwise) Will fight hard for that
-Improve last years position on Greek Ch'ships (8th) 3rd now -yay
-Win a medal in at least 2 live opens (like this year) Already I have the most important one - the key to getting the second is when MN is still in Southampton :)
-Beat (not just draw) a top 5 player in a tournament game( Hielco,Nortrom,playa,Overlord,Losermaker) I've beaten Hielco in a ranked game on Gravon, and also drew with OL in the Greek Ch's- good enough 
-Upload some commentary videos in English and Greek - Sure! I'll make more!
-Get revenge on Major Nelson for his lottoing! - LOLOL, about three weeks ago in a ranked with Derrick Rose i did get revenge with the same style :) - but i dont consider that satisfactory as we never have faced for a tourney yet :)

• Don_Homer, Napoleon 1er, Dobby125 and 4 others like this
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#45 MTinsley

MTinsley

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:10 AM

Not much progress for my goals, but I did reach a new personal best at 920 ELO. :)

• Don_Homer, Napoleon 1er, Dobby125 and 3 others like this

#46 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:23 PM

Hit Platinum level rank

Crush my opponents 

Get Crushed by Platinum players

Assist opponents that want/need assistance in game tactics

Meet even more players Globally

Haven Fun  :D  

It is closing in on 6 months so I figured I would also add update on goals.

Still Gold but got along way to go for Platinum---working at it !

Have crushed many an opponent---complete will continue it.

Most definitely have been crushed by Platinum but got a few wins in---complete will slow loses to Platinum.

Always happy to assist any player other than the ONE that I blocked. Will not offer them anything other than beat down ! ---complete 

Have met and continue to meet people from all over-  I do wish I was attending a certain event in Europe .---work in progress

Almost always have fun--Win or Lose if not set me straight please !---89%-93% working on it( NOT A SAINT)   :)  ;)  :D

#47 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,072 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:36 PM

-Almost one year has passed since I made this account and I've managed to reach 951 elo rating. I hope to reach 1000 soon and continue climbing the ladder.

Succeeded - current best elo rating: 1068. I'm changing this goal to reaching 1100 before the end of the year.
-Win promotion to Core this year and Apex next year.

Succeeded in the first goal, I'll have to wait a lot to see if I can achieve the second one, too.
-Finish 15th or better at the WCO.

Succeeded - finished 6th.
-Win another medal at a TC tournament.

Failed so far, Pyramid League is my last chance for this year.
-Win a medal at the Greek Online Championship (EPOS 2018).

Too early to know, but I'm on a good track right now.
-Hopefully participate in more live tournaments than last year and win a few medals.

Succeeded. I have already participated in two live tournaments in 2018 and won a silver and bronze medal and I'm going to participate in at least 3 more by the end of this year.
-The greatest opponent I've ever beaten at a tournament match is OVERLORD, for a Greek live tournament in June. I hope to beat Nortrom, playa1 or Hielco at a tournament match.

Failed so far. I had two chances against Hielco at the Backstabbers Final and I didn't make it (1 draw and 1 defeat). I also lost to Nortrom in PRO Ladder. Still, I may get matched up with Nortrom or playa1 or both in the live WC in August or in the WCO. It's not too late.
-Successfully stop roeczak's attempt for revenge.

Failed when he beat me in the Champions League Quarter-final - my first defeat in a tournament match against him, well done 'zak.
-Upload more tournament matches and possibly ranked matches with English commentary.

I think I've done a good job here and I'll continue uploading games.
-If possible not lose a single tournament match after committing suicide (I share similar goals with Henry here).

I don't remember any huge blunder in a tournament match this year, so this is going well, too, so far.

• TemplateRex likes this

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

#48 KnightofPepsi

KnightofPepsi

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:02 PM

Well I achieved my goal of reaching Gold, but now that I'm back into the 300s I suppose my next goal will be to sustain 500. :lol: :rolleyes:

• Dobby125 likes this

#49 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 3 weeks ago

Halfway to gold, silver captain now with a 406 rating. Still 94 more to go this year :) My net win rate (52%) is just too low to move up faster. I can't recall a win streak much longer than 5 even. 

• Don_Homer and Dobby125 like this

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users