Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:35 PM

When I play via the mobile phone app I can see my opponent's nationality and ratio before the match starts, while these features are not visible when I play at the site at my laptop. Personally I think these two traits are quite important in order to adjust your set up (e.g. a 48% win-ratio American player is more likely to play aggressively/lotto than a 55% Dutch one). Don't you think the admins should adjust the site so that it offers you the possibility to receive this info before the match starts?

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth."

-Plato

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."

-Bruce Lee

#2 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,434 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:43 PM

Just go to the side panel where the players are and find the person you are playing against. Then you can see that information.

• Major Nelson and Edmond Dantes 1844 like this

4 months until flash goes bye-bye

#3 KnightofPepsi

KnightofPepsi

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 26 December 2017 - 04:37 PM

I always see the opponent's nationality and rating before the game starts when playing on my PC. However, I only see it on the screen that comes immediately before the setup screen (not the setup screen itself) so be sure to try looking there. Having to go "back" can be kind of annoying and it would be nice to see it on the setup screen as well.

Many gaming sites also show opponents' winning or losing streak so you can see if he/she has just won 3 games, lost 5 games, etc. which can be interesting to know. For instance, if you know your opponent is on a big losing streak, they might be more likely to try something "unusual" to try to break out of the rut.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users