Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:38 PM

It's always 'fun' playing ranked matches.  :wacko:

LoveAndMercy says "I like chasing" after I mentioned to him he spent the whole game double chasing, single chasing and wasting time. And he disconnected.

kpkpkp says "I just want to discover maximum pieces for the future". Had an obvious setup and obvious marshal. Game was over in 5 minutes at which point he had no choice but to lotto. Then he started timewasting, and running down the clock. Admits he is scouting setups. 

N8o8jv3.png

I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world.

#2 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 10 December 2017 - 05:53 PM

Unladen Swallow mocks others on the forum for poor sportsmanship. Proceeds to offer a tie 50 moves into the game after losing his general. When it becomes apparent he is going to lose, he runs 2 minutes off his buffer and claims he was thinking.

Message me on Discord for more game breaking bugs such as: how to cause your opponent to lose points after a victory, identify whether a piece is a scout based on how it moves, and the piece movement kick to login screen bug.

#3 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:22 PM

Because you were shuffling and refused to make a move for a good 2 minutes. So yes I offered a tie. Then you refused it and won, so good for you? I do not understand what your problem is. 

Edited by Unladen Swallow, 10 December 2017 - 06:23 PM.

I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world.

#4 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• Members
  • 1,244 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:48 PM

Except you offered it five moves after you lost your general.

I tried to be you friend. However, since I joined the website you have been rude and hostile to me. I am not alone, it seems like other people on the forum have had negative experiences with you as well. People let you get away with it because you are a martyr against multi account cheaters, are generally polite to the "right" people and have a high rating.

It is sad that you have the capacity to be a positive member of the Stratego community but frequently choose not be. Anyways, I have better things to do than argue with you so have fun complaining about bad sports.

• OVERLORD likes this

Message me on Discord for more game breaking bugs such as: how to cause your opponent to lose points after a victory, identify whether a piece is a scout based on how it moves, and the piece movement kick to login screen bug.

#5 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:56 PM

It was not the first five moves. It was considerably after when it was a stalemate position, with neither sides doing anything.

You won so I do not see what your problem is. You played well and you broke through my defense, when it was my only option at that point. I did not berate you, cheat, stall or disconnect. If you think offering a tie in a stalemate position was unsportsmanlike you are welcome to report me. 

When you first joined I thought you were an alias due to how quickly you rose up, and that's the only time we have talked outside of the battlefield. Anything else is in your head. 

It's not rude or hostile to point out stalling/cheating on the forum. I have never stalled or cheated. I may be an ♥♥♥ in the chat sometimes (when my opponent normally deserves it) but that's it. I've only been reported once that I recall by overlord. 

Edited by Unladen Swallow, 10 December 2017 - 06:59 PM.

#6 OuweSok

OuweSok

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:42 PM

JytugvB.jpg

Check out my Stratego Youtube channel ! :o

#7 Edmond Dantes 1844

Edmond Dantes 1844

General

• Moderators
  • 2,091 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:46 PM

Anyways [sic], I have better things to do than argue with you so have fun complaining about bad sports.

If you have better things to do, why did you stop by here and pick a fight with Unladen Swallow?

I don't understand.

#8 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• Members
  • 1,244 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:56 PM

If you have better things to do, why did you stop by here and pick a fight with Unladen Swallow?

I don't understand.

Because I am of the opinion that players who have been permanently banned deserve to have those penalties enforced. If they are lucky enough to enjoy the apathy of the moderation team, then they should count their blessings and not continue to be jerks; lest someone inform customer care of their new accounts.

I am going to go enjoy my Sunday and watch football. I am done with this thread for good.

Edited by malcom.jansen, 10 December 2017 - 08:01 PM.

• OVERLORD likes this

#9 Moghedien

Moghedien

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:25 PM

Unladen Swallow, Malcom,

I am sorry to see you fighting with words. I urge you to forget this thing and be friends in the future or at least nog to berate each other. I like both of you and I just want to say in my opinion you are both not only very good but also very friendly persons. Do with this want you want.

Mog

• Fairway, Edmond Dantes 1844, OuweSok and 1 other like this

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt

#10 Edmond Dantes 1844

Edmond Dantes 1844

General

• Moderators
  • 2,091 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:29 PM

Hail to thee, oh, MOG!!!

As this weekend is rapidly evaporating before our very eyes, I trust that we will be able to wage battle with one another in the near future...or does the name KissMyCookie instill the fear and terror intended?!?!?

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ! ! !  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: 

• Moghedien likes this

#11 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:54 PM

It has certainly become a different community, more active, but more separated. 

• Losermaker likes this

#12 roeczak

roeczak

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,250 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:06 PM

This definitely belongs in the highlights of the week  :D  , in case you haven't seen it (Sorry if you beleive this is spam, but the whole community needs to know) http://forum.strateg...e-2#entry442757

• Major Nelson likes this

Roeczak <----- Stratego YT channel
Highest Rating : 966 (Platinum Marshal)
Greek Champion 2019 

#13 Edmond Dantes 1844

Edmond Dantes 1844

General

• Moderators
  • 2,091 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:01 PM

And now for something completely different...

...a bridge in Scotland:

IncZyhO.jpg

• Moghedien, Major Nelson and Unladen Swallow like this

#14 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:27 PM

Whoever shall cross the bridge of death shall answer me these questions three! :D

• Moghedien and Fairway like this

#15 Moghedien

Moghedien

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:35 PM

STOP!

He who would cross the Bridge of Death
Must answer me
These questions three
Ere the other side he see.

Lancelot: Ask me your questions, Bridgekeeper. I am not afraid.

Bridgekeeper: What...is your name?

Lancelot: Sir Lancelot of Camelot.

Bridgekeeper: What...is your quest?

Lancelot: To seek the Holy Grail.

Bridgekeeper: What...is your favorite color?

Lancelot: Blue.

Bridgekeeper: Right, off you go.

Lancelot: (slightly surprised) Oh! Well, thank you. Thank you very much.

(and off he goes. The knights look at each other.)

Robin: That's EASY!!!

Bridgekeeper: STOP!
He who would cross the Bridge of Death
Must answer me
These questions three
Ere the other side he see.

Robin: (excitedly) Ask me your questions, Bridgekeeper, I am not afraid.

Bridgekeeper: What...is your name?

Robin: Robin of Camelot.

Bridgekeeper: What...is you quest?

Robin: I seek the Grail!

Bridgekeeper: What...is the capital of Assyria?

Robin: (indignant) I don't know THAT!! (An unseen force whisks him up
and over the side.) AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHH!!!!!!!

• OuweSok and Fks like this

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt

#16 Moghedien

Moghedien

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:36 PM

Hail to thee, oh, MOG!!!

As this weekend is rapidly evaporating before our very eyes, I trust that we will be able to wage battle with one another in the near future...or does the name KissMyCookie instill the fear and terror intended?!?!?

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ! ! !  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: 

Anytime my friend. I am not afraid. Even of such person with a terror name like yourself!

#17 Moghedien

Moghedien

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:38 PM

Anytime my friend. I am not afraid. Even of such person with a terror name like yourself!

Uhmmm, wrong place to put my answer... sorry  B)

#18 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,270 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:20 PM

I just played against a dutch player called IKNOWYOU with 991 rating and about 80% win ratio... any idea who he is?

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth."

-Plato

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."

-Bruce Lee

#19 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:33 PM

How did he play?

#20 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,270 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:39 PM

A conservative player I would say. Not strictly defensive, but I wouldn't call him attacking either. He tried to gain info with low-value pieces and then began his attack with colonels/majors.

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth."

-Plato

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."

-Bruce Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users