#21 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 753 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:03 PM

Major Nelson was more defensive even than Greg and Aris , but now plays much more aggresive. Watch out for his marshal when you're up.
  • Losermaker, Aris1970, rgillis783 and 1 other like this
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#22 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Captain

• Moderators
  • 795 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:07 AM

Yeah, I m still evolving as a player, so I don t think I have found the style that suits me best yet. But it is true that my style becomes progressively more and more attacking. When I was bronze-silver I played ultradefensively. Later as a gold, low platinum player I began to attack with much caution and now as a platinum marshal I have considerably more confidence in my attack. How knows what s next? :huh:

• Losermaker likes this

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

#23 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 753 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:15 AM

We all know whats next --- RRRRRRAAAAAA as you say -- just see the last game with me on gravon

• Major Nelson likes this
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#24 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Captain

• Moderators
  • 795 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:19 AM

I also have a third account called RRRAAA (low ranked and inactive), in honor of RRRAAA, which is the scream I make when lottoing. With this account I may experiment with a more aggressive style, like constrictor s.;)

#25 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:24 PM

1.Erik vd Berg/Nortrom/Losermaker
2. Not a specific style on a specific moment. It differs.

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#26 ☆OVERLORD☆

☆OVERLORD☆

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:39 PM

Ruben, i think you forgot me... lol

STRATEGO CAPTAINS CLUB ~ the strongest team of Greece

#27 KnightofPepsi

KnightofPepsi

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:52 PM

I really don't fear anybody. If I end up against somebody ranked much higher than me I know that I will probably lose, but I look at it as a learning opportunity.

I struggle the most against shufflers. It isn't the defensive style as much as the shuffling itself because I tend to mix up which piece was which, causing me to make a boneheaded mistake.

I actually feel that I play the best against marshal blitzers, I probably win 80% of those games when playing somebody of equal rank.

• Losermaker and Major Nelson like this

#28 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Captain

• Moderators
  • 795 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:10 AM

I don t like marshal blitzers in general, so it is logical that probably my most feared opponent is constrictor who has perfected this style. Against him I have a record of about 1 victory and 5 defeats.

As for the style I most dislike, lottoing -especially when a player almost manages to win merely because of lottoing, despite a great deficit in units- and shuffling/ultradefensive style because matches against such opponents usually take long to end and I often get bored.

• rgillis783 likes this

#29 Fantasy

Fantasy

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:03 AM

I don t like marshal blitzers in general, so it is logical that probably my most feared opponent is constrictor who has perfected this style. Against him I have a record of about 1 victory and 5 defeats.

As for the style I most dislike, lottoing -especially when a player almost manages to win merely because of lottoing, despite a great deficit in units- and shuffling/ultradefensive style because matches against such opponents usually take long to end and I often get bored.

Yea i hear you.... shuffling/ultradefensive very boring... i mean i could do the same thing, take and have some advantage and what ? just moving one piece left-right bla bla then game would be 2 hours, where is the fun??

• Major Nelson likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users