roeczak

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:03 PM

Major Nelson was more defensive even than Greg and Aris , but now plays much more aggresive. Watch out for his marshal when you're up.
  • Losermaker, Aris1970, rgillis783 and 1 other like this

Proud Member of the Stratego Captains Club (the strongest club in Greece by a long margin)

#22 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Sergeant

• Greek Tournament Manager
  • 413 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:07 AM

Yeah, I m still evolving as a player, so I don t think I have found the style that suits me best yet. But it is true that my style becomes progressively more and more attacking. When I was bronze-silver I played ultradefensively. Later as a gold, low platinum player I began to attack with much caution and now as a platinum marshal I have considerably more confidence in my attack. How knows what s next? :huh:

• Losermaker likes this
Winning isn 't everything, but wanting to win is.

#23 roeczak

roeczak

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:15 AM

We all know whats next --- RRRRRRAAAAAA as you say -- just see the last game with me on gravon

• Major Nelson likes this

Proud Member of the Stratego Captains Club (the strongest club in Greece by a long margin)

#24 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Sergeant

• 413 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:19 AM

I also have a third account called RRRAAA (low ranked and inactive), in honor of RRRAAA, which is the scream I make when lottoing. With this account I may experiment with a more aggressive style, like constrictor s.;)

#25 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:24 PM

1.Erik vd Berg/Nortrom/Losermaker
2. Not a specific style on a specific moment. It differs.

#26 ☆OVERLORD☆

☆OVERLORD☆

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:39 PM

Ruben, i think you forgot me... lol

" I can win everyone, but i can not lose from anyone "

#27 KnightofPepsi

KnightofPepsi

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:52 PM

I really don't fear anybody. If I end up against somebody ranked much higher than me I know that I will probably lose, but I look at it as a learning opportunity.

I struggle the most against shufflers. It isn't the defensive style as much as the shuffling itself because I tend to mix up which piece was which, causing me to make a boneheaded mistake.

I actually feel that I play the best against marshal blitzers, I probably win 80% of those games when playing somebody of equal rank.

• Losermaker and Major Nelson like this

#28 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Sergeant

• 413 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:10 AM

I don t like marshal blitzers in general, so it is logical that probably my most feared opponent is constrictor who has perfected this style. Against him I have a record of about 1 victory and 5 defeats.

As for the style I most dislike, lottoing -especially when a player almost manages to win merely because of lottoing, despite a great deficit in units- and shuffling/ultradefensive style because matches against such opponents usually take long to end and I often get bored.

• rgillis783 likes this

#29 Fantasy

Fantasy

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:03 AM

I don t like marshal blitzers in general, so it is logical that probably my most feared opponent is constrictor who has perfected this style. Against him I have a record of about 1 victory and 5 defeats.

As for the style I most dislike, lottoing -especially when a player almost manages to win merely because of lottoing, despite a great deficit in units- and shuffling/ultradefensive style because matches against such opponents usually take long to end and I often get bored.

Yea i hear you.... shuffling/ultradefensive very boring... i mean i could do the same thing, take and have some advantage and what ? just moving one piece left-right bla bla then game would be 2 hours, where is the fun??

• Major Nelson likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users