Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,063 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:39 PM

I can play in approximately 20 minutes

I am ready to destroy u again! 

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

http://forum.strateg...18/#entry461226

#162 ☆OVERLORD☆

☆OVERLORD☆

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:55 PM

Im coming noobsss
  • KissMyCookie likes this

STRATEGO CAPTAINS CLUB ~ the strongest team of Greece

#163 Fks

Fks

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,063 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:37 PM

Hey guys after some consideration I have decided I wont be live streaming anymore and my uploads of game if any will be very rare in occurrence. I hope the videos I have posted will inform people of Stratego.com and maybe someone could have learnt or enjoyed.

Thanks Fks.

#164 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:54 PM

In two words...

That sucks!  :angry:

• Unladen Swallow likes this

#165 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Captain

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:02 PM

For however many viewers you have during a live stream, let us say you have 20...have 20 people made it to platinum riding on your coat-tails? Or...have there been 20 new players to platinum who have beaten you because they studied your videos.

Your contributions are tremendous, Fks, and if you are bowing out because you are afraid people will over study your style, then I have no real respect for that decision...however...if you are truly bowing out because of personal matters in your life which have nothing to do with Stratego...then be well and may peace be in your mind.

By the way, if Maj. Nel is reading this...if you have decided to stop posting videos because you got beaten by -Sniper- and you are afraid that too many people can study your style and beat you...that is a pathetic cop out. If, however, you are bowing out because you feel you have reached your limit, and it has nothing to do with you losing your nerve...then peace be with you.

Based upon your farewell message...I am of the feeling that maybe you might be concerned about people stealing your ideas and outplaying you...that is something which you will have to reconcile...but no one else is like you...just as no one else is like Fks...just because you post videos does not mean that players will be able to play or think as both of you do.

In short...I get the feeling both of you are taking an easy way out. You both have so much to offer  this community, and by taking down your tent, packing up your things, and leaving...particularly as neither one of you have given a good and solid reason...this can be viewed as both of you leaving all of this community high and dry...

Sorry guys, but this is how I feel about these posts. This is NOT good news and it does not make me happy...ergo...there must be others here who will share in this disappointment.

KMC :mellow:

• Unladen Swallow likes this

#166 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:07 PM

@KMC: I wouldn't say that FKS and MN stopping posting (or posting less frequently) is pathetic. I do believe that posting the videos has made MN much stronger for two reasons: 1) if you commit to posting all videos, your motivation in such games increases and therefore your results, and 2) the feedback from strong opponents (Sniper) gives back much more than the single loss the previous videos yielded. Just keep mixing it up and fix the tiny tiny leaks that are still present. And please, let us enjoy :) Same for FKS. 

#167 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Captain

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:18 PM

@TemplateRex–I realize that no one here is beholden to making videos or to keep their practice alive if they choose to stop, but Maj. Nel published the following statement:

"It has become apparent to me that my set up fundamentals and tactics have spread too far in the stratego community. I did expect a leak when I created my channel, but I hadn't realised the extent to which other players have familiarised with my gamestyle until recently, when - Sniper - pointed it out very explicitly - and I thank him for that. So I'm done with my channel..."

Sorry, folks, but this is a cop-out. Just because someone talented was able to study and prepare for a match does not mean that others can follow suit. -Sniper- is highly talented and with a strong technique he has developed...with or with preparation, -Sniper- would give Maj. Nel a run for the money.

Both superb players (Fks and Maj. Nel) are free to leave for their own reasons...I am not convinced that they are leaving for the right reasons.

Sorry, TempRex...I am not with you on this one.

KMC :(

#168 Losermaker

Losermaker

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 611 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:26 PM

KMC, I would take into consideration that both of these players are still fairly "new" to stratego. For both Nelson and Fks, they have alot of new goals they could reach in the future and whilst they are still fresh to the game, they have alot of motivation and competitive drive. If they feel that their video's are holding back their competitition, then it only makes sense to stop until they can reach their goals and perhaps they will re-post once they have been in it a bit longer. I am sure that people appreciate all that they have already done.

I thought about similar things (people studying my game) when I first decided to write the tutorials, but I have been playing 8 years now, and I feel like I have gotten my fun out of the game. I was ultra-competitive for my first 5-6 years, and loved nothing more than my free night off playing someone better than me and losing and then thinking about how I would get them next time. I don't have that same motivation now and I feel it's time to pass it on to the next up and coming players. I will be glad if someone begins to regularly defeat me, it means I have something to work at and that my tutorials have atleast helped someone. :)

Edited by Losermaker, 03 July 2018 - 11:30 PM.

• Master Mind and Fks like this

#169 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Captain

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:33 PM

@Losermaker–I always appreciate hearing from you...you are one of my favorites. I have my reasons for disagreeing with you, and I do not care to say any more.

Both Fks and Major Nelson have contributed greatly to this site (so have you, and are continuing to do so via your tutorials)...I simply cannot feel positive towards Maj. Nel's reasons for stopping, and by his publishing his statement, it has (in my opinion) allowed Fks to make a decision that is not a good one...again, that is only my opinion.

Thank you for sharing your point of view, and as always, in your gentlemanly demeanor.

KMC

#170 Fks

Fks

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,063 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:05 AM

I'm sorry Robert. It is more of I am simply not interested in posting my games any more. 

Feel free to challenge me or we can get on a call and speak over some tactics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users