#21 Fks

Fks

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 993 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:40 AM

I just recently uploaded a game between me and 6-4-2-S Pretty awesome game crazy turn of events I would love for everyone to check it out when they get the chance. 

the link is here 

https://youtu.be/TfH4GlwRVWk

As always subscribe if you haven't already and leave a like and i love to see comments either here or on youtube itself!

thank you Fks

Edit. I just noticed I'm singing here and there in video lol I am listening to music and sometimes I cant help myself from singing along :)

Edited by Fks, 01 December 2017 - 05:02 AM.

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#22 Fks

Fks

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 993 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:44 AM

On a further note i decided to drop the series gold to platinum. I will be uploaded any sweet game that I play vs a strong opponent with the occasional ranked game depending on who I get matched vs. For saturday night I will be uploading a very close game between me and Malcom.jensen!

Thank you Fks  

#23 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:45 PM

I just recently uploaded a game between me and 6-4-2-S Pretty awesome game crazy turn of events I would love for everyone to check it out when they get the chance. 

the link is here 

https://youtu.be/TfH4GlwRVWk

At 7:43 you reached this situation (your marshal is invulnerable)

aKG1vY.png

You explain that you don't mind your colonel being trapped since it will likely reveal either general or marshal, allowing you a counterattack through the center with marshal or general.

But why did you move down with I7-I6 instead of sideways with I7-H7? If he captures with G7, you can scout at J8 and you have likely gen + marsh info. If he goes down with J8-J7 you can choose to capture with your colonel on G7, scout at F8 or play G8 with a threat to scout either F8 or G7. He could also capture the scout and chase you sideways, but then you just lotto your way trough the center lane, either revealing marsh or gen or getting home safely. Saving the colonel is completely excluded by playing I7-I6 in the diagram, unless he was bluff chasing your colonel, but in that case you haven't got any useful info anyway.

Edited by TemplateRex, 01 December 2017 - 04:22 PM.

#24 Fks

Fks

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 993 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:25 PM

At 7:43 you reached this situation (your marshal is invulnerable)

aKG1vY.png

You explain that you don't mind your colonel being trapped since it will likely reveal either general or marshal, allowing you a counterattack through the center with marshal or general.

But why did you move down with I7-I6 instead of sideways with I7-H7? If he captures with G7, you can scout at J8 and you have likely gen + marsh info. If he goes down with J8-J7 you can choose to capture with your colonel on G7, scout at F8 or play G8 with a threat to scout either F8 or G7. He could also capture the scout and chase you sideways, but then you just lotto your way trough the center lane, either revealing marsh or gen or getting home safely. Saving the colonel is completely excluded by playing I7-I6 in the diagram, unless he was bluff chasing your colonel, but in that case you haven't got any useful info anyway.

#25 Fks

Fks

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 993 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:26 PM

After I had moved it I relised I made a mistake by bringing colonel down but at that moment in game I thought I was unbeatable 🤗 And was just looking for marshal when looking over game I asked the same thing you did thank you for watching game I hope you enjoyed!

#26 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:30 PM

After I had moved it I relised I made a mistake by bringing colonel down but at that moment in game I thought I was unbeatable And was just looking for marshal when looking over game I asked the same thing you did thank you for watching game I hope you enjoyed!

Yes, thanks for posting, it's always useful to see gold players in action. The lone miner charge never ceases to amaze me.

Edited by TemplateRex, 01 December 2017 - 04:30 PM.

#27 Fks

Fks

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 993 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:43 PM

I rose my raiting and will try and do so more so maybe I will get some good ranked matches In future I Havnt been recording any of the games bec I'm sorta binge playing them :)

#28 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:14 PM

That was a well played game imo

You are getting a lot of views, twice as much as my vids. Seems I can retire

Check out my Stratego Youtube channel ! :o

#29 Fks

Fks

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 993 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:49 AM

Hey guys I just posted the game between me and Malcom.jensen 

Thank you Malcom for game!

https://youtu.be/bAxXZvB_B7E

Check it out drop a like and comment :)

Thank you Fks

#30 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:04 PM

Thank you Fks

After he trapped your colonel at 18:10 this was the board (blue marsh + gen + spy still unmoved, but shown for clarity, marshal opposite a scout)

mWDvE5.png

Why not play your spy G2-G3? The idea is to pretend your scout at H3 to be the marshal (came from I2, had been "covering" your colonel, so it was not entirely unreasonable) while trying to free your general into the center lane. E.g. by captain F2-F3-F4 and then general H2-G2-F2-F3. All he can do in those few moves is for his general to go back to G7. That would give you a small chance of trying to trap his colonel by bringing your marshal along your left lane.

Edited by TemplateRex, 03 December 2017 - 02:05 PM.

#31 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:29 PM

Thank you Fks

After he scouted your captain on F2 at 25:44 this was the board (you were a colonel + 2 miners down for a major and a captain as compensation):

Vfmxvj.png

You sacked your spy G2-G3. Why not play G3-H3 to pretend the spy was more valuable than the captain (e.g. one of your two remaining majors)? Anyway, that's only a minor comment.

AFAICS, the mistake that lost you the game was that you brought down your general and after the general exchange you let his colonel trap both your majors at C3, allowing an easy minor attack through the center. Since the captain was lost no matter what, why not let the general collect the captain at F2, bring your own general to e.g. G8 and then go with your major at C2 into the left lane, this should give you a good chance to trap the piece at B8 (turned out to be a captain later), and the general at the 8th row makes it much more difficult for him to launch miner attacks or activate his last major.

• Fks likes this

#32 Fks

Fks

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 993 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 December 2017 - 06:51 PM

I reacted to his attack both times slower then i should have. Sacrificing spy to me with out thinking much in to it was best option. 

I think a key mistake of mine was moving my scout up in the earlier position you where talking about trapping my own colonel. The whole game he was playing very passive and the dropped a sudden bomb which got me I guess he was just planning a game winning attack :P

You give good feedback i gave all my attention to my own captain and in my head i wanted to get rid of his general so he wouldn't be able to trap any more of my own pieces and my majors would start kicking in sadly he trapped them and yes why i lost ! Thank you for feedback It is much appreciated:)

#33 Fks

Fks

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 993 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:14 AM

Just posted a game between me and Tobermoryx!

Thank you for game :P

https://youtu.be/YUy9vGrAAMY

It was a long battle with a lot of tough calls made. Game is 50 minutes long so i suggest putting 1.25x or 1.50x speed.

As always hope everyone checks it out drop a like and any feedback is welcome!

Thanks, Fks

• tobermoryx likes this

#34 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:47 AM

Viewing now.

At 4:40 I was thinking: jam your lieut into his colonel, Then pick that colonel up with your marshal. Your marshal is kinda exposed anyway. Coulñd have done it at 4:59 as well. You are up vs a platinum and picking up a colonel is a good thing. After that you can retreat and support your known colonel wiht the marshal. No idea if that would have been a good play.

7:51 Aha you got it anyway without saccing the lieut. He could have dodged your marsh if he had read the position correctly though.

10:23 I'm hitting now with my captain

15 excellent work with your marshal :)

20:50. Good. But I think you must either choose to trap that escaping piece with colonel or marshal or if you think it is worse than a lieutenant, attack that piece in front of your captain.

22:25. Finally!

24:00 Running in with miners is not is good idea. Just hit that major and exploit your material advantage to get rid of all his moving pieces. You have captain+colonel+marshal vs marshal alone

36:00 Time to bring out your lieutenant.

40:00 Bring out your lieut!

46:00 What are you doing? You need to use that spy to force trade marshals, you only have one miner left. If you lose your spy, you need to start guessing where his bombs and moving pieces are. If you force off his marshal it is gg.

48:00 careful now and protect flag, he still has a scout

49:00 now you are potentially throwing away the game if one of his left pieces is the scout.

Nice win! 

• Fks likes this

#35 Fks

Fks

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 993 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:05 AM

Love your straight to point feed back Thank ouwesok :P

10:23 I don't think you listened to commentary I like said I missed taking that right after he moves major but oh well:p

15 I assumed spy was on other side so just went with it:p

24: i was just popping a possible flag spot i think i have 4 miners here why not it took away 4 spots from being flag and traded off miners which benefits me.

36: 40: I didn't want to ruin 3 bomb formation at the time.

46: I don't need to trade off marshals here. His marshal is trapped I use spy as scout to get better info on bomb set up.

48: is why i am a dumb ♥♥♥ and i totally forgot he had scout till like my miner was by his flag and was like shit please don't scout flag lol :P Thank god earlier i hadn't moved my luit or else i was probably lost.

Thanks

#36 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:07 AM

At double speed I am not listening to your commentary. 25 minutes for a game is just what I can muster, not 50 :P

Actually you must trade marshals, because it totally forces the win as he must start moving all his base pieces. If you allow the marshal to run around and he has an unpredictable base with an open flag, you might run out of pieces if you misguess everything.

After trading marshals feel free to use your spy as a scout

Edited by OuweSok, 05 December 2017 - 09:10 AM.

#37 Fks

Fks

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 993 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:09 AM

Yeah I understand! Sad how it takes me 2 minutes to lose and 1 hour to win haha

• rgillis783 likes this

#38 Fks

Fks

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 993 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:17 AM

At double speed I am not listening to your commentary. 25 minutes for a game is just what I can muster, not 50 :P

Actually you must trade marshals, because it totally forces the win as he must start moving all his base pieces. If you allow the marshal to run around and he has an unpredictable base with an open flag, you might run out of pieces if you misguess everything.

After trading marshals feel free to use your spy as a scout

I think I was nervous of him just scouting spy.

#39 Fks

Fks

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 993 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:05 AM

Hey It has only been a day but I play so many games I cant help from uploading lol!

I just posted a game vs Queenbee1 Thank you for game :P

https://youtu.be/VT62VVCIrds

Leave a like if u enjoyed and all feedback is welcome here Thank you.

#40 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,177 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:18 AM

Just posted a game between me and Tobermoryx!

Thank you for game :P

https://youtu.be/YUy9vGrAAMY

It was a long battle with a lot of tough calls made. Game is 50 minutes long so i suggest putting 1.25x or 1.50x speed.

As always hope everyone checks it out drop a like and any feedback is welcome!

Thanks, Fks

You played a good game . Your centre was weak though !  I should have attacked there with my Major which was fairly useless in  a passive position once you knew it.

Yesterday was about my worst day playing stratego for about 3 and a half years...

Started with a friendly against Malcolm.Jansen which i lost .Then got destroyed by someone rated 451 .Then got even more destroyed by someone rated 407 ( down 2 colonels and 2 majors , up nothing , had slim hope of a draw but the poor guy got glitched ) .

Next lost to you  .Then was lucky to draw with a player on 233 . Lost 2 games to players in the 600s where i discovered 6 bombs in both games (!) . All together i played 7 and won 1 , which was versus a guy on ELO 187 who was playing with a front row flag (that i only hit because i thought it moved ) .

I'm not American actually i just got given that flag for some reason.

• Fks likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users