#181 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 581 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:31 AM

rgillis is right.  Don't overthink it.  I'd post the videos.  There's thousands and thousands of bronze/silver players that need lots of help to get better.  Pointing out Stratego patterns and obvious errors, tactics and strategies is very helpful.  Just try not to give away your preferences though.  Don't say things like "H4 is my favorite bomb location" or "I really like overloading colonels on the left side of the board".  The most important thing is to have fun with the videos.  Let your personality and love for the game show and people will eventually watch the content.  Also, don't forget to change your setups when you're playing somebody new.  And try not to show your favorite setups either.

Alright

Then my work of Editing wasn't done for Nothing, once the WCO ends, you will see some games on my channel ;D

I never lose, I win or I learn…

#182 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:42 AM

Ranked game vs Total Freedom. Up and down game with some risks that had to be taken I hope you all enjoy :)

https://youtu.be/WSknM5FM8uc

• TemplateRex likes this
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#183 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:37 PM

Ranked game vs Total Freedom. Up and down game with some risks that had to be taken I hope you all enjoy :)

https://youtu.be/WSknM5FM8uc

I liked the Flag placement you should use it more often in matchs.  :D  

#184 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:33 PM

A friendly match vs the junior world champion :)

https://www.youtube....v=hAOR7qnbYC4 

• Dobby125, Yellowhat and TemplateRex like this

#185 Yellowhat

Yellowhat

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 660 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:08 PM

The 'marshal' behind the colonel and the major was a captain you had scouted earlier.

Hondje could've attacked the spy at 7:10 because it was covered by a known major.

• Fks and TemplateRex like this
Yellowhat is the literal translation of my surname.

#186 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:43 PM

The 'marshal' behind the colonel and the major was a captain you had scouted earlier.

Hondje could've attacked the spy at 7:10 because it was covered by a known major.

Yes I was expecting him to which is why I prepared a flight sqaure for major to move away.

I see now my memory has been very bad when I commentate over games since I am not so focused as much in specific pieces hopefully in time I can get better at it!

• Yellowhat likes this

#187 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 581 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:52 PM

You can only learn from mistakes my friend

• Yellowhat and Fks like this

#188 Dobby125

Dobby125

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:53 PM

Yes I was expecting him to which is why I prepared a flight sqaure for major to move away.

I see now my memory has been very bad when I commentate over games since I am not so focused as much in specific pieces hopefully in time I can get better at it!

Doing commentary live is very hard for me to do.  My bad memory and ability to focus on the game suffers too much when I try it.  I think with lots of practice you can get better at it.  Stratego Bob got much better at it as he played more games.

• Yellowhat, rgillis783 and Fks like this

My Youtube Stratego Channel: https://www.youtube....cGDvlZZkGbgq0LA

#189 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 15 December 2018 - 06:08 PM

If someone wants to play me a game where I feature it on YouTube post here or pm me. So far every game I have sat down and commentated over I have won so no lost games for me to post if anyone of you wanna change that ;)
I have a game vs panther65 I think I will upload maybe Monday but I'm litterally dying in that game lol so idk.

#190 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,225 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:15 AM

I have a game vs panther65 I think I will upload maybe Monday but I'm litterally dying in that game lol so idk.

Fks, I know that you are also busy with many other things, however, if you were able to create a separate and new voice-over for the lost game you mentioned above, you would be the best source to able to comment on how things got away from you and why. It would be just as instructional (if not more so) as your previous postings...just from a different perspective. Please think about it. :)  And...thank you so much for your video postings–you are an excellent commentator! :D

• Fks likes this

#191 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:57 PM

Fks, I know that you are also busy with many other things, however, if you were able to create a separate and new voice-over for the lost game you mentioned above, you would be the best source to able to comment on how things got away from you and why. It would be just as instructional (if not more so) as your previous postings...just from a different perspective. Please think about it. :)  And...thank you so much for your video postings–you are an excellent commentator! :D

Yes he is an excellent commentator KMC , I agree. I also think your a wonderful opponent . Why not fire up one of ya accts and get into a match against him. I think it would make for a fine video. I would volunteer myself of course but this old dog got taken down by the young cat (FKS) in rank and friendly this past week. I am still tending to my wounded pieces/ego ! ;) Just a thought 

• Fks likes this

#192 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:39 PM

I did not mean I was lost in the game. I won't say what happen to spoil if I do end up posting. I just randomly had to sneeze like 4 thousand times that game lol so had to keep pausing.
  • Losermaker and texaspete09 like this

#193 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:46 PM

Yes he is an excellent commentator KMC , I agree. I also think your a wonderful opponent . Why not fire up one of ya accts and get into a match against him. I think it would make for a fine video. I would volunteer myself of course but this old dog got taken down by the young cat (FKS) in rank and friendly this past week. I am still tending to my wounded pieces/ego ! ;) Just a thought

One of my more enjoyable and testing games this past month was vs Rgillis I had to play 2 colonels down and managed to bring it back with a lot of lotto ;)
  • rgillis783 likes this

#194 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 581 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:57 PM

My nicest victory from last period was against a platinum lieut called "lindsey". His miner was coming for my flag and I only had a col. 5 possibilities to find his flag and I got on the good one^^

• Fks likes this

#195 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:50 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=_5ygdu_al8o Streaming.

#196 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:53 PM

nice, but black pieces are very hard to read (especially the graveyard), could you change to red/blue for the next game?

• UnladenSwallow likes this

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#197 OVERLORD

OVERLORD

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:06 PM

Fks, you can play with my PSYCHOPATH friend if you want. :)

#198 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:23 PM

Fks, you can play with my PSYCHOPATH friend if you want. :)

come play

#199 OVERLORD

OVERLORD

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:47 PM

come play

My friend just left us. He will come back again, i hope. :)

#200 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:19 PM

hope you enjoyed, sorry Idk why mic wasn't working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users