astros

Stratego TM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:22 AM

Is it possible for the site to credit your record with a loss when you in fact won the game? I ask because my notes do not match my online ranking.

Message me on Discord for more game breaking bugs such as: how to cause your opponent to lose points after a victory, identify whether a piece is a scout based on how it moves, and the piece movement kick to login screen bug.

#2 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:35 AM

Serious psychological trauma can lead you to repress memories. So it is possible that - after a gigantic defeat against me - you imagined a victory instead.
  • Major Nelson and Unladen Swallow like this

#3 Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:34 PM

Can we see your notes to date and analyze this with you?

#4 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• Members
  • 1,244 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:20 PM

Serious psychological trauma can lead you to repress memories. So it is possible that - after a gigantic defeat against me - you imagined a victory instead.

The potential error was in a match against Losermaker. I know this by comparing my win percentage against the clean ranking. I am just curious if I definitely screwed up or if it is possible that the site goofed because I am fairly meticulous in recording.

Edited by malcom.jansen, 21 November 2017 - 03:22 PM.

Message me on Discord for more game breaking bugs such as: how to cause your opponent to lose points after a victory, identify whether a piece is a scout based on how it moves, and the piece movement kick to login screen bug.

#5 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,102 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:38 PM

I wonder if you aborted a game search for some reason prior to your game and this caused the loss somehow? The abort button is an iffy thing in my experience.
Posted Image
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/
Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...931#entry468931

#6 roeczak

roeczak

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,250 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:39 PM

Ι have lost over 150 points with this.

Roeczak <----- Stratego YT channel
Highest Rating : 966 (Platinum Marshal)
Greek Champion 2019 

#7 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• Members
  • 1,244 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:06 PM

I believe that I found two more instances of the site not recording results properly, both in matches against Fks. On December 5th, we played a match that we both remember ending in a draw. I only played 5 matches that week, but the clean ranking shows me increasing by 5 wins. Has anyone else had a draw counted as a win?

Last night we started a QA game but both got a red screen and were forced to reload. This game does not appear to have counted on my record. Is that what is supposed to happen when both players get the red screen? In the past, I have always received a loss in these situations.

#8 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Marshal

• Members
  • 3,186 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 25 December 2017 - 11:41 AM

clean ranking may not be the right reference for that count. A  noddle point of the ranking is created when either Tobermoryx or I make a "run" of the clean ranking. So it does not record all of your evolution. If you had 5 wins in a row followed by a draw and if neither of us did a run then the draw will not appear in the statistics of clean ranking. Did your draw count increase by 1?

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#9 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 December 2017 - 12:11 PM

Me and Malcom cleared it up :) As for the Qa it is glicthed out so just play on gravon if you want quick arena games.
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#10 tokalafox

tokalafox

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:11 PM

Something like this?
https://www.dropbox....112136.jpg?dl=0

Happens to me regularly

#11 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Colonel

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:58 PM

I find that sometimes there is a lag on the site that just fails to recognize the game that took place .

It happened to me about 4 times this year .

Typically.........I am on 736 points , lose a game and drop to 715.

I request another game..

I capture flag , then nothing happens for about 45 seconds , and it is saying my opponent has next move , even though his flag has gone from the board . Finally victory screen comes up ... and the rating update says   '' - 21 pts , your new rating is 715 ''

Nothing is added to my W-D-L stats .I always would log out and back in and find that nothing had changed , i was still on 715.

Then the last time i got this i didn't log out and something else happened....

I lost a match to a player on 454 and dropped to 715  Then I played 'PopcornGT' who was on 629 . This meant if i won i would gain 9 pts and a loss would cost me 16.

I won the match and got  '' - 21 pts , your new rating is 715 '' . I didn't log out and just requested another one and got the same guy again , at the start it showed i was on 715 and he on 629 as before . This time he won the game and , as he is one of those annoying players in the chat , he had something to say as usual , i responded  by pointing out how lucky he was to lose no points for a defeat , but he insisted he had actually lost points after the first match .

I was dubious about this , but when i hit surrender i got the update  '' - 7 pts , your new rating is 708 '' . So this was , over the 2 matches , exactly correct in terms of points  . When i played my next match the W-D-L had added the previous win to my stats as well as the loss.

#12 Edmond Dantes 1844

Edmond Dantes 1844

General

• Moderators
  • 2,091 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:31 AM

I find that sometimes there is a lag on the site that just fails to recognize the game that took place .

It happened to me about 4 times this year .

Typically.........I am on 736 points , lose a game and drop to 715.

I request another game..

I capture flag , then nothing happens for about 45 seconds , and it is saying my opponent has next move , even though his flag has gone from the board . Finally victory screen comes up ... and the rating update says   '' - 21 pts , your new rating is 715 ''

Nothing is added to my W-D-L stats .I always would log out and back in and find that nothing had changed , i was still on 715.

Then the last time i got this i didn't log out and something else happened....

I lost a match to a player on 454 and dropped to 715  Then I played 'PopcornGT' who was on 629 . This meant if i won i would gain 9 pts and a loss would cost me 16.

I won the match and got  '' - 21 pts , your new rating is 715 '' . I didn't log out and just requested another one and got the same guy again , at the start it showed i was on 715 and he on 629 as before . This time he won the game and , as he is one of those annoying players in the chat , he had something to say as usual , i responded  by pointing out how lucky he was to lose no points for a defeat , but he insisted he had actually lost points after the first match .

I was dubious about this , but when i hit surrender i got the update  '' - 7 pts , your new rating is 708 '' . So this was , over the 2 matches , exactly correct in terms of points  . When i played my next match the W-D-L had added the previous win to my stats as well as the loss.

Gee whiz...talk about a ghost in the machine...let's get M.R. James to chronicle this misadventure.

Cheers!

#13 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Marshal

• Members
  • 3,186 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:28 PM

clean ranking may not be the right reference for that count. A  noddle point of the ranking is created when either Tobermoryx or I make a "run" of the clean ranking. So it does not record all of your evolution. If you had 5 wins in a row followed by a draw and if neither of us did a run then the draw will not appear in the statistics of clean ranking. Did your draw count increase by 1?

... please dear nodal point not noddle point!!! :) ... Thank you Gary for the tip!

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users