tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:08 AM

It's a shame that on this site it is not possible to research all the results of all ranked games. Only tournament games can we see this , and i find it quite interesting to see those results .

I'd like see how anybody else is doing and how they get on versus the players i beat or lose to.

So i welcome any player who will post their ranked games results here.

#2 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,195 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:34 AM

I could post my last 1700 results but here are the last 10 in chronological order

tobermoryx (702) W v davidjohnson6388 (778)

tobermoryx (717) L  v VeganDan (500)

( then gained 2 pts when opponent disappeared before start)

tobermoryx (700v charlie_manson (354)

tobermoryx (703W   v yuyuku (380)

tobermoryx (706W   v rttrdm (558)

tobermoryx (713W    v gamme poker 63 (333)

tobermoryx (716W  v  swish56  (478)

tobermoryx (721W   v  Dubmarine (581)

( then gained 4 pts when opponent disappeared before start)

tobermoryx (733W  v London calling (678)

tobermoryx (744W  v DC Lord (599)

#3 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• WC Online Team
  • 804 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:06 AM

https://imgur.com/a/TmHXy

Edited by malcom.jansen, 23 October 2017 - 05:08 AM.

• tobermoryx, Yellowhat and Fks like this
I'm in love with Stacy's mom.

#4 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,195 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:35 AM

That's great Malcom !

#5 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,603 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:07 AM

Waouw! Great work malcolm
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#6 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:38 AM

Is that information also available to me or is that manual tracking by malcolm?

Check out my Stratego Youtube channel ! :o

#7 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,603 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:30 AM

Would be a good idea to create a club with those who would be ready to track their games in the same format than malcolm and share them with the club members ... any interested?
... possibly one could add comments on the play style like reckless attacker or staller or lotto guy or defensive player etc...
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#8 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:51 PM

I think it is unethical to exchange player notes. There is no difference between that and having multiple accounts, with one that lotto's for info.

I have a bunch of notes on high silver and low gold players. I make notes on everyone I play. If I play them again, I will adapt to whatever my notes say. But I keep that information to myself.

• tobermoryx likes this

Check out my Stratego Youtube channel ! :o

#9 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:35 AM

Yes but your question here is still relevant:

Is that information also available to me or is that manual tracking by malcolm?

Lo

#10 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,084 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:10 AM

It is manual tracking

#11 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,195 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:49 AM

• All my ranked matches results for 2017
  •  
  • P   710
  • L   240
  • D    31
  •  
  • Bronze          46-5  (2 ties)     
  • Silver         103-23  (2 ties)
  • Gold          189-86  (16 ties)
  • Platinum  101-126  (11 ties)
  •  
  • 100s  12-0  
  • 200s  34-(2 ties) 
  • 300s  51-(1 tie) 
  • 400s  52-16 (1 tie) 
  • 500s  74-22  (5 ties) 
  • 600s  115-64 (11 ties) 
  • 700s   81-82 (9 ties) 
  • 800s  18-28 (1 tie) 
  • 900s   2-14 (1 tie) 
  • 1000+ 0-2

•  

All matches decided by glitches are disregarded.

• GaryLShelton and Fks like this

#12 Fks

Fks

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,176 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:56 AM

I would love to start tracking my games.

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

http://forum.strateg...18/#entry461226

#13 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 842 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

I noticed you lost to 12 people with 399 or less points. I have played you and your a great player. I would not think you to lose that many times against a true elo of under 400. I would be willing to bet that a majority of these loses were against high ranked trolls. It happens to me also and when it does the skill that defeats me is not even close to a normal 300-400 level player. I understand losing to luck or lotto because getting unlucky is part of this game but the losses I obtain at this level is not from lotto, it's the type of skill I see at 700-900 points. It's odd.
  • tobermoryx and ScottLafaro like this

#14 Dobby125

Dobby125

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:19 PM

I noticed you lost to 12 people with 399 or less points. I have played you and your a great player. I would not think you to lose that many times against a true elo of under 400. I would be willing to bet that a majority of these loses were against high ranked trolls. It happens to me also and when it does the skill that defeats me is not even close to a normal 300-400 level player. I understand losing to luck or lotto because getting unlucky is part of this game but the losses I obtain at this level is not from lotto, it's the type of skill I see at 700-900 points. It's odd.

I bet he lost a lot of those games while he was moving up the ranks.  But some 300 to 400 level players can play really well.  They just haven't played enough games to reflect their true ELO.  And if you make a few wrong moves/guesses or have a setup that favors your opponent, you can lose.  Never underestimate your opponent based on ELO score.  

Of course, there are some top players lurking in the lower ranks and like to play there to practice different strategies.  Watch this game.

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

• tobermoryx likes this

My Youtube Stratego Channel: https://www.youtube....cGDvlZZkGbgq0LA

#15 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Tournament Manager
  • 3,084 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:58 PM

Also see page 1 of topic:

Alias Wars!

To hear from the player himself.
  • Dobby125 likes this

#16 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,195 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:16 PM

I'm not so great that i don't sometimes just lose to low level players in a legit way ! I think great players are at 1000 ELO or win tournaments.

One of the losses to a player in the 200s i know was against a Trickz alias .One of the losses vs a 400 player was against henry domerkant , who has an account - David Rivers - that he keeps low , to experiment or whatever  .Another was an unknown player with a 28-0 record . I guess there were some similar that i forget , but i think mostly they were legit opponents for that level .

I think players at below 500 can be good at some aspects of the game , but have flaws that stop them getting higher . So a 300 player might be genuinely that rating but he could play a 700 player that has a style that is a good match up for him. 

Typically i find that some low players are very good at defending a good lead , and don't make bad mistakes once in a strong position ,though probably they are very bad at playing from behind , or don't understand how to play against blitzers , so they might win against me but then lose 2 in a row vs players on 400 ELO.

#17 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,195 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:35 PM

I bet he lost a lot of those games while he was moving up the ranks.  But some 300 to 400 level players can play really well.  They just haven't played enough games to reflect their true ELO.  And if you make a few wrong moves/guesses or have a setup that favors your opponent, you can lose.  Never underestimate your opponent based on ELO score.  

Of course, there are some top players lurking in the lower ranks and like to play there to practice different strategies.  Watch this game.

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Dobby , this is 2017 only .I was not moving up through those levels , I was last below 500 in March 2015.

I think true ELO is reflected in 80 games at most (except perhaps the very best players ) . If i see players with a record like '28:9' and ELO 337 , then you can be sure their true ELO is not much better than 400 . When an unknown player has played  30-40 games and is undefeated or lost only one , then it is hard to tell .Maybe they are 1000 level or perhaps just 700 (which is a huge difference ) .

I agree that mistakes + set up being a poor match for their strategy does lead to losses to lower players.

A typical loss for me vs someone on 300 or so would be like this ..

I give away a Colonel for little gain through carelessness/complacency , then opponent brings Marshal to threaten an area where i don't have spy . I pretend my marshal is spy and then he exchanges marshals. Then it turns out he has an 'exchange strategy' where the aim is just to exchange highest pieces .It's quite primitive and unimaginative ( they even continue it when they are losing ! ) but these players will have their highest pieces arranged to go to the front in order of rank .So , if they are up a colonel and marshals are exchanged then they will have their colonels in your territory before you can get your last one out , and of course you may have to move more pieces just to do that , and , early in game , they will still have scouts to find some trapped pieces etc

Strangeplayer , the guy in that video , is more like 900 ELO , but he did say he was strange i guess...

#18 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,195 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:16 AM

So far in 2018

5032 153

• 100s  1-0
  • 200s  1-0
  • 300s  6-0
  • 400s  4-1 
  • 500s  11-5
  • 600s  3-4 2 ties
  • 700s  5-5 1 tie
  • 800s  1-0

• Fks likes this

#19 astros

astros

Stratego TM

• WC Online Team
  • 804 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:41 AM

2017 results

Bronze: 39-4-1

Silver: 94-8-1

Gold: 121-45-2

Platinum: 159-123-4

Note draw refusals and disconnects are excluded. Only games on my primary account are counted here.

Edited by malcom.jansen, 07 February 2018 - 04:45 AM.

• tobermoryx likes this
I'm in love with Stacy's mom.

#20 Losermaker

Losermaker

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 698 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:18 PM

Unranked games are not included in win% or record neither are bug games for either player.

• tobermoryx, Master Mind, Major Nelson and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users