Photo

Gun control in US

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Poll: gun control (private poll) (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Should there be more gun control in the US?

1. Yes (10 votes [90.91%])

Percentage of vote: 90.91%

2. No (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. I dont know (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Should automatic waepons and "launchers" be forbidden for normal citisens?

1. Yes, both should be illegal (5 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

2. No, only rockets and other very explosive guns should be illegal (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

3. No, only automatic waepons should be illegal (0 votes [0.00%])

4. No, both should be allowed normally (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:40 PM

This topic is getting more relevant with every shooting. I will react here to Darth who supports the plan to arm teachers.

I think its unbelievable that everytime such massacres happen in America the conservatives argue to get more guns. You cannot stop violence with guns. Teachers should teach not shoot. You are creating a paranoid society and ignore pure facts about comparisons of small amount of killings in Europe with high gun control.

Also I want to bring up something again which Lonello stated but what is ignored here by the pro gunners: The huge power of NRA in these discussion and their fundings of crazy gun lovers like Trump.

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#82 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:24 PM

Conservatives don't always argue for more guns.  If you claim they do, however, you must at least acknowledge that the other side only argues to take guns.  Guns aren't going away.  We need other solutions.  Armed school staff is a very practical idea that's been used successfully in Israel for years. 

As discussed previously the European approach does not work for America.  We are repeating ourselves.  The reason I didn't reenter this thread when it resurrected was because (with the exception of Napoleon's psychiatric eval idea) nothing being argued hadn't been hashed through earlier.  So in fairness to Napoleon I'll say his idea has some value and I'd be open to exploring it.  But like Profs no-fly-list idea, it has the weakness of being exploited over time to become what was not intended.  For example, it's in vogue in pop culture today to label religous people as insane on some level.  It's not a stretch to see this used against them at some point should laws like this be enacted.  So care must be taken.

I heard an interesting factoid this week that I was unaware of.  I already new the majority of NRA resources were not spent on political efforts, but I didn't realize that the NRA gives almost nothing to candidates.  What they do do is inform their membership and speak with a loud voice.  They are powerful not because they buy politicians but because they represent a large contingent of voters who vote and politicians know that.  

Edited by DarthRemark, 24 February 2018 - 04:28 PM.

#83 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:20 AM

Also I want to bring up something again which Lonello stated but what is ignored here by the pro gunners: The huge power of NRA in these discussion and their fundings of crazy gun lovers like Trump.

I actually think it's the other way around. Trump has no firm beliefs. He's only in it for his ego. Remember he was a Democrat before, he loved the Clintons and he mocked the so called 'family values'. Since he could get a shot with the Republicans, he simply adopted with whatever they carried for policies, and the most radical thereof. He saw the most angry crowds in the Teaparty which is why he rallies for the most polarized people... that's his natural base. It's just part of his plan. He couldn't care less about guns. If it had gone another way and he was the Bernie-President he would now be all over guncontrol and would cheer this tweet:

@Mrsbowmanocsa
I am a teacher. Arm me. Arm me with funding for a full time school Psychologist. Arm me with funding and mandatory school counselors. Arm me by funding smaller class sizes so I can best get to know every one of my 160 students and their families. Arm us with what we NEED.

Lo

#84 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:36 AM

Also check this cool vid: https://twitter.com/...473040333443072

Lo

#85 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:40 AM

I like that tweet very much! But I dont believe Trump could be a Bernie president. He does not act.

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#86 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:19 PM

Is this a gun control thread or a slander Trump thread?

But I get it.  You have nothing substantive to offer the discussion so it's time for ad hominems. I am opening a case against you!

:) 

• Lonello likes this

#87 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:42 PM

Gun control,very interesting topic.I do have very conflicting thoughts on this topic. On controlling the availability of guns, I think it is out of anyone's control. I point out a resent news program on Ghost guns. These guns are made in part with 3D printers and according to the news report unknown-gang- assembly operations. Guns themselves are fairly simple devises broken down to simple components. What makes these-ghost-guns even more despicable is that there is no serial number or brand marking them, tracking is almost impossible. It seems the Switz have an idea on controlling ammunition for guns,it seems logical.Getting guns not an issue but ammo is another story. This would work other than ammo is easily made and a small cottage industry here in the America and else were. The minerals can be had and old casings reused.I do have associates here and other states that use guns for substance living, that seems can't be had with just trapping and bow hunting.They also site that the guns are for protection of property and self. They do live in the middle of the woods, no help for 50 miles in any direction.It seems to me we-humans- ingenuity outpaces our sensibility at times.Someone once said that once the genie is out of the bottle it is hard put back in. Doesn't mean we should stop trying ! 

Edited by rgillis783, 27 February 2018 - 06:33 PM.

• Don_Homer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users