TemplateRex

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:14 AM

The PDF button of the boardgame editor does exactly what it is supposed to do, it turns the HTML into a PDF document.

Unfortunately the way I build the boardgame editor, is by directly manipulating the DOM, it does not change the generated HTML, so the buttonalways sends the initial value of the HTML to a PDF document, which means an empty board.

Net result: it seems not to work.

That is software development at its best.

Thanks for explaining!
  • Nortrom likes this

#82 Fks

Fks

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 824 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:49 PM

What is the highest amount of games anyone has played on the site?
The gold captain I played yesterday had over 15000 played games :o :o :o :o

That is about 6 months of continuously playing Stratego, assuming 15-20 minutes per game.

I have less than 200 still. I don't think I will even get to 500, by that time I have moved to some new gaming hobby.

I played someone on the stratego.com a few months ago with around 36,000 games I have the screen shot on my phone I don't know how to post it here. I beat him in around 10 minutes though :) his username is roel1954. He might have a few more hundred games by now.

Edited by Fks, 26 November 2017 - 11:55 PM.

• KissMyCookie likes this
Proud Committee Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#83 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:15 AM

Some 63 year old retired dude playing stratego all day, so it seems.

Check out my Stratego Youtube channel ! :o

#84 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:48 PM

Is there any country restriction for the app and why? When I try to install the app it says: no eligible devices in your country.

Spain ought not to be a problem???
  • Don_Homer likes this

#85 ScottLafaro

ScottLafaro

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:14 PM

You are persona non grata OuweSok ;-)

• Unladen Swallow likes this

thus spoke zarathustra

#86 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:41 AM

Isn't it time to bury that announcement "We'd like your input regarding a solution for stopping trolling, chasing, etc.". Or are we waiting for its 5th year anniversary, march next year?

• tobermoryx likes this

#87 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:41 PM

I played someone...with around 36,000 games...his username is roel1954.

Some 63 year old retired dude playing stratego all day, so it seems.

He is predictable, he uses bully tactics instead of genuine strategy, and for someone with so many 10s of thousands of games under his belt, it is a tremendous surprise that he really has learned almost nothing about the game. Last year I played him and I got ahead a major, two captains, two miners, and I knew the placement of four of his bombs. So, it was the best thing to trade down all remaining pieces as he would not be able to continue, and our top pieces were already facing off. I wanted to trade my general with his and he knew it, so he chats to me, "I am so sick and tired of players like you trading down pieces!" I wrote back, "What is the matter with that???" He wrote back, "The object of the game is to get the flag, not trade down." I wrote back, "For a guy with more than 30,000 games, you don't know the object of Stratego??? The object is to WIN, and if you run out of pieces before I do, and I can take your last piece...I win. Object achieved." He disconnected.

#88 CHLAPATSA 4U

CHLAPATSA 4U

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:40 PM

I just noticed that ouewsok's icon has a santa cap on it :D

Well that's something I would on my bald seargant, to differentiate :P

Edited by CHLAPATSA 4U, 16 December 2017 - 07:13 PM.

#89 rgillis783

rgillis783

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:00 PM

KMC have seen many discussions on the matter you just wrote about. Objective is to get FLAG it is a fair statement. The tactic you discuss is a fair statement- to finish up match. We all like to WIN but I do need to point out that most games are for enjoyment. Therefore my statement " Have Fun" should be a far statement. We all have a different take on tactics/objectives. I hope most players respect each others perspective. Saying all that, it depends how match is going on which strategy one should deploy IMO . ;) Disconnecting is NOT fair that is just sad !

#90 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:30 PM

KMC have seen many discussions on the matter you just wrote about. Objective is to get FLAG it is a fair statement. The tactic you discuss is a fair statement- to finish up match. We all like to WIN but I do need to point out that most games are for enjoyment. Therefore my statement " Have Fun" should be a far statement. We all have a different take on tactics/objectives. I hope most players respect each others perspective. Saying all that, it depends how match is going on which strategy one should deploy IMO . ;) Disconnecting is NOT fair that is just sad !

I agree with you completely that, having fun and enjoyment is the primary aspect of this game–I do not care if I win or lose if I am playing with a good hearted should who loves this game and loves to have fun. Ask General Thorpe about this one...we are inseparable.  ;)

See you sooner than later . . .

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

*KMC  :ph34r:   :ph34r:   :ph34r:

*(The name that has instilled fear in millions around the world of Stratego).

"If I am paired with KissMyCookie, I just disconnect before anything bad can happen..."

–Hiellkko

• rgillis783 likes this

#91 Wogomite

Wogomite

Sergeant

• NASF Committee
  • 364 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:58 PM

Does anyone know when the new board will be available to the public. I have searched everywhere but can find it nowhere.

#92 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Captain

• Moderators
  • 878 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:05 PM

Does anyone know when the new board will be available to the public. I have searched everywhere but can find it nowhere.

You can buy it from amazon.

https://www.amazon.c...6 original game

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

#93 Wogomite

Wogomite

Sergeant

• NASF Committee
  • 364 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:51 PM

The 83$ price tag will need to drop before it sits on my shelf. The strange thing is that I still only see two on amazon. Where are the masses hiding?

For anyone unaware of this specific boards significance, it uses the old style pieces WITHOUT stickers that many have been anticipating to see again. The spy is the only piece that is different which is a woman. This board is also the exact board and pieces that we used in Marmari Greece for the 2017 WC.
In my opinion during the past two decades, this is the only worthy board to have come out... besides maybe the Waterloo board.

#94 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Captain

• Moderators
  • 878 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:45 PM

I purchased it from amazon.co.uk for just about 25 £ (about 34 $) (shipping included). I have no idea why amazon.com sells it at such a high price.

#95 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Miner

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:10 PM

You can buy it from amazon.

https://www.amazon.c...6 original game

I have this same box, for a similar price from a Dutch website (bol.com). However, the Spy is not the original figure (man with a hat and trenchcoat) but rather a new picture of a woman with a headscarf, much like the sinister picture that Ouwesok shows in his profile :)

Edited by TemplateRex, 10 January 2018 - 03:11 PM.

#96 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Captain

• Moderators
  • 878 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:15 PM

I have this same box, for a similar price from a Dutch website (bol.com). However, the Spy is not the original figure (man with a hat and trenchcoat) but rather a new picture of a woman with a headscarf, much like the sinister picture that Ouwesok shows in his profile :)

Yes, it is also available at this site at a bit higher price (but a lot lower compared to the outrageous 83 $). As Ryan said all figures are identical to the traditional ones except for the spy which is a woman.

#97 Silverhammer

Silverhammer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:13 PM

Trick or treat?

#98 Fks

Fks

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 824 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:33 AM

I think I ran in to some one with the most games played on site. 36,413. 

https://gyazo.com/da...348f392dc466c3b Here is screen shot. 

The game went ok, I did a marshal bluff against there gen and it worked out and they resigned after that early game. 

(roel1954) I saw at right under 36,000 games a while ago so idk which one of them take the spot.

Edited by Fks, 17 January 2018 - 07:35 AM.

Proud Committee Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#99 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:01 PM

I think I ran in to some one with the most games played on site. 36,413. 

https://gyazo.com/da...348f392dc466c3b Here is screen shot. 

The game went ok, I did a marshal bluff against there gen and it worked out and they resigned after that early game. 

(roel1954) I saw at right under 36,000 games a while ago so idk which one of them take the spot.

His account is definitely one of the highest number of games played on this entire site. :o  What is sad is that this guy has learned very little about the game, :blink:  and sometimes he is downright nasty. :angry:  Insofar as category of player, roel1954 and montagna4 have to have the most number of games played, but are still terribly unseasoned players.  :huh:

• Fks likes this

#100 Dobby125

Dobby125

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:53 PM

Here's a fun endgame quiz.  My opponent made a move I was hoping for and I then beat him in 5 moves.  Can you guess the blunder move he made and the possible end sequence?  If you get the answer, don't post it right away.  Let others think about it.  It's not that hard.

Here's the gameboard.  Also, 1 of the captains might have been a miner(both pieces moved, but were not revealed).  He moved his known major from  J9 to I9.  I moved my scout from E3 to F3.  And then he made a mistake.  The blunder move did not involve his Colonel. 

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

My Youtube Stratego Channel: https://www.youtube....cGDvlZZkGbgq0LA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users