Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:14 PM

Who knows how this creature is called???

maxresdefault.jpg

Lo

#2 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:19 PM

I think it is Snowball II

http://siskoid.blogs...nowball-ii.html

Wikipedia:

• Snowball II was the Simpson family's second cat. Although Snowball I had white fur, which inspired her name, Snowball II had black fur. She first appeared in the series premiere but has received little attention in the series. Snowball II and Santa's Little Helper have always been shown as having a good relationship; usually they are seen sleeping near each other. Snowball II's largest role is in the fourteenth season episode "Old Yeller Belly", in which she saves Homer from a burning treehouse. She also has minor roles in "Bart Gets an Elephant", where she tries to get attention; in "Two Dozen and One Greyhounds", in which she is scared by the many puppies; and in "Make Room for Lisa", in which Lisa has a hallucination where she becomes Snowball II. In the episode "I, (Annoyed Grunt)-Bot", Snowball II is hit and killed by Dr. Hibbert's Mercedes-Benz G500. After numerous fleeting replacements for Snowball II, the fifth (and last surviving) cat is named Snowball II by Lisa, in order both to avoid future confusions and to save more money on a first-hand food bowl.[92]

• Don_Homer likes this

#3 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:48 AM

Who knows how this creature is called?

Homer J. Simpson

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#4 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:54 AM

Wow, Danis, I wasn't expecting you to answer :D :lol: :o B) :rolleyes:

It was a bait to Don who said he liked the Off Topic section so much, so I thought to ignite him in creating new topics. The Simpsons are certainly relevant to him. They are to you too? Do you like Snowball? Or is it a dreadfull beast?

Lo

#5 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:06 PM

Wow, Danis, I wasn't expecting you to answer :D :lol: :o B) :rolleyes:

It was a bait to Don who said he liked the Off Topic section so much, so I thought to ignite him in creating new topics. The Simpsons are certainly relevant to him. They are to you too? Do you like Snowball? Or is it a dreadfull beast?

It' s not that I like the simpsons or snowball in particular, it' s just that I am a cat lover, so I took the bait!

#6 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:44 PM

I adore both, cats and the Simpsons :). However its a strange way of reasoning if you ask me, mr. Lonello...

#7 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:03 AM

Why is that?

I am a cat lover, so I took the bait!

Yes I have a cat too. It's a Greek cat, did I ever tell you that story?

Anyway, the way Don handles his cat is kinda hard isn't it?

The-Simpsons-Season-13-Episode-18-37-5e6

Here he even serves Snowball for dinner:

200_s.gif

Simpsons_14_19_P3.jpg

Lo

#8 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:00 AM

Danis, I've found a pic that resembles my Greek cat exactly... he's pure white (and deaf, which comes with the non-color I understand). I think this one is called Snowball 1:

lisas-sax15.png

Lo

#9 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:40 PM

I was planning for a while to make a topic about cats (no dogs allowed :)). Probably you heard this somehow Lonello and made a comparable topic. Shall we use this for telling cat stories?

Danis must be a fan too seeing his picture :).

ps Homer generally likes cat snowball 2 but he doesnt like the dog (santas little helper). And snowball 2 likes him too!

Edited by Don_Homer, 27 September 2017 - 04:43 PM.

#10 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:48 PM

Yes I was trying to entice you to start some topics as you never do. Maybe this will arrowse you. Darth has cats too. And Queenbee has one. All working class I imagine, like mine. Eating the mice.

Homer isn't very petful to his pets. Why are there no dogs allowed? He has one, but this is the scenery often in his house: https://vignette.wik...=20130407115022

Did you see the cat on my new avatar? Look carefully. Like my name, it's an Italian cat: Capodimonte.

Lo

#11 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:35 PM

Yes I was trying to entice you to start some topics as you never do. Maybe this will arrowse you.

Manipulating me works counterproductive.

#12 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:12 AM

Yes, well, I'll keep trying then. We need the boost of the postcount for nothing less then the Future Of Stratego: http://forum.strateg...go/#entry439411

Anyway, we must talk cats over here.

I have a cat too. It's a Greek cat, did I ever tell you that story?

He's from the animal shelter. He was born in Greece but with Turkish ancestors. He was a refugee, thrown on the streets, and then hit by a car. He being white is deaf so that was bound to happen. He has a heart murmur, an eye dropper and a behavior disorder as well.

Anyway, a Dutch assistent-vet being a stagiaire there took him on as a project and called him Spyros. When he was recovered she could take him back to The Netherlands where she donated it to a friend. But she got babies. And Spyros hates babies. Toddlers and infants too. Grown ups and all other life forms as well, at least if they move in a direction he disapproves of.

So she put him in the shelter where I work and I took him in. The funny thing is he has a Greek passport. Although I got some Greek at school, I can only read it but do not understand what it says ofcourse, It's probably what I said about his illnesses.

It's a pretty easy going cat if you know how to handle him. Even took him on my holiday. He loves cartravel. He's almost a dog in this respect. Maybe your cat is like this too or is he not a genuine Greek?

Anyway, you, me, Darth & Queenbee, it seems if you play Stratego you need to have or be a cat. Our own tobermoryx is a cat. Did you know that?

• danis_p_gr likes this
Lo

#13 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:07 PM

That is a nice story.

#14 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:07 AM

That is a nice story.

Indeed, that is a great story! It 's very nice of you Lo that you treat such a suffering animal. It' s really sweet. And I like the Greek name oh him, Spyros!

My cat's name is Louis. It' s like Lewis but in Greek. Initially it was Lucy, because we thought he was a female! (it is difficult to distinguish male to female kittens) and when we realised it was a male we decided to change it to something similar in case he started to listen to his name. And trust me, he understands his name perfectly, along with many other words and orders. It is a myrth that cats don' t learn names and commands, they do perfectly. They just don' t want to execute them if they are not in a mood! We found him when he was a baby in the parking lot of my house. In fact, we didn' t find him, he found us! He must have been almost a month old when we heard him cry all night. In the morning, when I searched for him I found that he was hidding in the front wheel of my car, so I couldn' t go to work. We let him stay in the parking lot for about a month because we couldn' t decide to take him up in our appartment, since we were not very keen in living with animals. Until the day when a big male cat tried to kill him, he attacked him so hard that he couldn' t move his back feet for a week. We took him to the vet and decided to take him home with us or he would die for sure. Now he is 3 years old and we cannot think of our lives without him! He is a member of my family.

• Don_Homer and tobermoryx like this

#15 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • 2,217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:15 PM

Thanks Danis, but you're the true savior here. I just took a stray cat from the shelter, but you actually saved one from the street.

And Spyros isn't really suffering. He's too much of a lion to accept suffering B) :rolleyes:. He makes a lot of amok with the neighbouring cat and the other day I was just on time to spare him a bucket of water the neighbours held above him as he attacked their cat :wacko: :huh:. Spyros is bad. Trust me. He is.

It's funny how obnoxious they can be, like

I often have my cat meowing at me when I do vids.

It seems a preriquisite to own a cat when playing the game of Stratego :blink: :o! Anyway, I don't think Louis has a passport, does he? I think probably a lot more gets registered over here. We hardly have any stray cats, like Spyros and Louis were, in my country anymore. They're all taken to the shelter and castrated so there will be no offspring. Maybe that's why Spyros was actually transferred over here, as we lack cats now :lol: :D.

I'm still learning the Greek deaf language... I thought spoken language was difficult but doing it only by hand is even more complicated, but anyway, being so bossy he wouldn't be listening anyway ;)  :P

Lo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users