simoncoolhand

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:12 PM

This guy played for over an hour without making a single attacking move. Just moved his pieces around behind his lines. I thought you were altering the software so that someone that didn't try and attack couldn't get away with it?

#2 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:36 PM

This guy played for over an hour without making a single attacking move. Just moved his pieces around behind his lines. I thought you were altering the software so that someone that didn't try and attack couldn't get away with it?

This guy has been voted, by the MT, to be permanently banned. You can report here:

http://forum.strateg...or-2017/page-32

#3 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,484 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:48 AM

Yes, this fellow has been PB'd, pending admin action.

There probably will never be a fix aimed at shufflers. It is an onerous style of play, to be sure, but perfectly valid. One thing that's available to you now, if you do not wish to play a shuffler, is the draw refusal process. However, that said, all the good players will tell you they will have no problems dealing with shufflers, that they are predictable and easy to beat. So the better course of action is to learn those tricks that they employ to have easy wins against them.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#4 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:49 AM

If you do not wish the play a shuffler, because e.g. lack of time, do what Gary suggested: shuffle yourself, propose a draw and make a screenshot. 10 minutes later propose a draw again and if he refuses make a screenshot, concede, make a screenshot of the defeat screen and submit those 3 screenshots in the draw refusal thread.

You will get you points back and the shuffler gets penalized 113 for good measure.

Shuffling however is not a good strategy. Why not? because to win a game your opponent must make mistakes/misguesses. The best way to force mistakes out of your opponent is by putting pressure on him/her. If you shuffle, your opponent can decide exactly what risks he wants to take and exactly what chances he wants to take.

The benefit shufflers get out of their strategy is by playing people that get impatient - go for the draw if you are like that.

Another profit they get is that their opponent forgets peices. This is disastrous. If you forget pieces you scouted vs a shuffler, you will lose. I have never fgaced a real shufler, but I'm pretty sure that I will take notes vs such a player and make sure to not forget a single piece.

About strategic consideration how to beat shufflers and properly attack them - I have no idea :P

• DarthRemark and rgillis783 like this

Check out my Stratego Youtube channel ! :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users