josephwhite

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 10 November 2018 - 10:17 AM

Garrote Vil, was 49-1 (now 49-2) after we played. Doesn't lotto, but is obviously an experienced player and wouldn't respond when I asked him if he had a second account.

#502 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:46 PM

PretzelMan

He lottos in almost all of our games but usually when he is down by one piece. Just quick to lotto.
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#503 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:50 PM

"Matchpoint"

100% Cheater. I would love if MT can request an IP check on this account to see just how many accounts he is using to write down set ups and the names so people can be more aware when they play him.

2.1 Cheating in any form is unacceptable on our site: The site takes all cases of cheating seriously and the public evidence from victims or other interested parties will be examined carefully to make certain that no player uses any flaw in our program to benefit his or her game. Such events may be rare, but if the MT believes that the evidence demonstrates that any cheating has occurred, the penalties will be very harsh. One-time cheating events, such as glitching the software to boot one's opponent from the game, will be given the two-tier penalty schedule below. Multiple offenses discovered after the fact, such as using aliases to cheat, may receive the full 2nd degree penalty of banning (must comply with 1.8 Permanent Bans)

2.2 Penalty Schedule for Cheating:

First Offense  An account reset to 100 ELO, and an emailed notice from the admins.

Second Offense 
 A permanent ban (must comply with 1.8 Permanent Bans), a public forum announcement, and an emailed notice from the admins.

Optional One-Time Reminder Letter – In a permanent ban case in this section should the Moderator Team not have the votes needed to permanently ban a player, but does have enough for a normal conviction level (see Article 1.7), the MT may choose to issue either a reminder letter to the guilty party, or a repeat of the 1st offense.If chosen, the optional reminder letter may only be issued one time per player for an offense in this section. On top of this, it may also be issued similarly one time for the same player or forum member for an offense under Articles 3, 4, and 5. 

2.3 Where to report your complaint of cheating: http://forum.strateg...ters-here-2016/
The Moderator Team will acknowledge your case in, and render decisions in, the above topic.

#504 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:59 PM

I agree this happens A LOT...the problem is, how do I and we prove it? Without indisputable proof, we have no case. With ways to block ip, this helps the worst of cheaters as they will use ip blockers more than anyone. I've come to realize...there is nothing that can be done. All I can do is sit back and laugh at the integrity and poor skill behind the mask that needs to cheat to defeat me. It's really a compliment to the stronger players if you think about it. There is no way they feel good about how they win and I don't have to feel bad about it either. There is a reason some players need to cheat and other like us don't fks ;).

Unfortanately, it's just part of what's lousy about this site.

#505 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:05 PM

I agree this happens A LOT...the problem is, how do I and we prove it? Without indisputable proof, we have no case. With ways to block ip, this helps the worst of cheaters as they will use ip blockers more than anyone. I've come to realize...there is nothing that can be done. All I can do is sit back and laugh at the integrity and poor skill behind the mask that needs to cheat to defeat me. It's really a compliment to the stronger players if you think about it. There is no way they feel good about how they win and I don't have to feel bad about it either. There is a reason some players need to cheat and other like us don't fks ;).

How many times have I posted in this topic? It is most likely the same 2 people. I wouldn't care if this happened once in a blue moon but I am constantly getting matched to these 100 wins 20 losses 780 elo accounts who blitz either terrible when I change set ups or perfect when I don't. It is always going to be a marsh or gen blitz on and given lane just have to prepare for it but gets annoying always looking out for it. I played Airmail the other day who I used this set up vs who failed and now this guys goes perfect.

#506 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • 881 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:14 PM

I completely understand...its very lame and cowardly that people do this. But just think, it's only because your better and they know it that they need to do stuff like this.
  • rgillis783 likes this

#507 Great Manos

Great Manos

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 23 November 2018 - 04:44 PM

TheTerminator

Never bring a sword to a gunfight.

#508 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 November 2018 - 08:55 PM

"Lotto is my game" 

100% cheater. 

#509 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • 881 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 24 November 2018 - 12:23 AM

"Lotto is my game"

100% cheater.

I played this guy today as well. He used a calculated statistical approach to the way he lottoed, it was not straight with high pieces like most noob lottos. This guy was very good at it. He started with a major on one side straight down on two pieces then used capt colonel somewhere else. He then used his general and other colonel to lotto based on information regarding my setup after that. I am not convinced he is a cheater but the only thing I found odd is he attacked around my unknown marshal with his gen and col. I found it odd he acted as though he knew my marsh. He did then start taunting me with information running it in that he knew me. Considering I don't play much with Wogomite, I think he knows me from the forums and I believe he could be an alias registry criminal. He was fundementally a terrible player but his guesses are superb and he was tactically very aggressive but careless and sloppy unless of course he was a scouter that knew my setup. That being said, I did use a setup that a scouter may have recognized so I think I need to change things around drastically for awhile. He used an open flag second row from back in the f9 file on the opposite side of his gen and marsh starting position. Those started on the left side from my perspective of the board. His record is only in the sixtys percentile so if your setup is secure defensively, his skill is no problem to defeat. Hope this helps when you run into this lotto. Be careful though, he may change things up a bit after knowing I posted his setup. As I said, I'm certain he is very active on the forums based on what he said.

#510 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 November 2018 - 04:20 AM

I played this guy today as well. He used a calculated statistical approach to the way he lottoed, it was not straight with high pieces like most noob lottos. This guy was very good at it. He started with a major on one side straight down on two pieces then used capt colonel somewhere else. He then used his general and other colonel to lotto based on information regarding my setup after that. I am not convinced he is a cheater but the only thing I found odd is he attacked around my unknown marshal with his gen and col. I found it odd he acted as though he knew my marsh. He did then start taunting me with information running it in that he knew me. Considering I don't play much with Wogomite, I think he knows me from the forums and I believe he could be an alias registry criminal. He was fundementally a terrible player but his guesses are superb and he was tactically very aggressive but careless and sloppy unless of course he was a scouter that knew my setup. That being said, I did use a setup that a scouter may have recognized so I think I need to change things around drastically for awhile. He used an open flag second row from back in the f9 file on the opposite side of his gen and marsh starting position. Those started on the left side from my perspective of the board. His record is only in the sixtys percentile so if your setup is secure defensively, his skill is no problem to defeat. Hope this helps when you run into this lotto. Be careful though, he may change things up a bit after knowing I posted his setup. As I said, I'm certain he is very active on the forums based on what he said.

Pah I will send you the recording of the game it's disgustingly obvious.

#511 josephwhite

josephwhite

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:35 PM

Agememnon

520 rank, low games played

Came with Marshal straight away on my left, lottoed then soon disconnected when taken with spy. I think its the same player that keeps making new accounts with the same approach.

#512 murph878

murph878

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 09 December 2018 - 12:07 AM

Lazy researcher

788 elo
About 120 games played. Lottoed my whole setup with his gen early game with no info

#513 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 December 2018 - 11:37 PM

Lazy researcher

788 elo
About 120 games played. Lottoed my whole setup with his gen early game with no info

Just played him. I prepared for a general blitz and build a anti lotto from scratch that did not match my persona which players might believe to be mine. He simply out played me with a very good fundimental game of stratego so idk if maybe that was a 1 time thing. I also asked about this and he said he was losing and thats when he resorted to lotto.

#514 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • 881 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:52 AM

Just played him. I prepared for a general blitz and build a anti lotto from scratch that did not match my persona which players might believe to be mine. He simply out played me with a very good fundimental game of stratego so idk if maybe that was a 1 time thing. I also asked about this and he said he was losing and thats when he resorted to lotto.

This was my experiance with him yesterday also. He outplayed me with fundamental play, he is very strong. I asked his other name and he was honest enough to say that he preferred not say. I appreciate his honesty as most would say it was their first account. I'm very curious to know who this player is.

#515 texaspete09

texaspete09

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:33 AM

This was my experiance with him yesterday also. He outplayed me with fundamental play, he is very strong. I asked his other name and he was honest enough to say that he preferred not say. I appreciate his honesty as most would say it was their first account. I'm very curious to know who this player is.

Gen blitz? Maybe M2C? That would be interesting.

#516 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:07 AM

He did mention to me he played you said it was very close. He also mentioned he lost to Napoleon 1er Ace68. Game with me there was no blitz @texaspete I tried some cheeky tactics to gain some matieral and his play was pretty much flawless making no fundamental mistakes. He did seem to falter under pressure but was willing to give up a piece for info which I thought was logical on both spots. General in to known col and major in to a known captain. He also said he doesn't go on forum and has no interest in it as well as tournaments when I mentioned he should look in to it.

#517 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 10 December 2018 - 07:52 AM

I confirm. Got matched against him yesterday and confirm he is very good player. I could however not recognize who else he could be. Because I remember he had been listed in this topic I used a setup I've almost never used before so the game was normal, no strange lotto.
  • Fks likes this
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#518 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • 881 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:45 PM

He did mention to me he played you said it was very close.

Yes, it came down to the wire. What lost it for me was he was willing to give his colonel for an unknown piece (possibly sgt) and a known major. I goofed and trapped the major in hopes of him retreating the colonel after I put an unknown piece in front of his colonel. My general was unknown also so hoping he would retreat the col. Little did I know, he would leave the col to get eaten, take the unknown piece and trap the major if I took colonel. My move was a bluff and it wrecked my game because I lost both pieces and never got the colonel. It was neck and neck but that gave him to much for me to recover considering how few pieces were left. Lesson to learn from, don't allow a decent piece to get trapped in exchange for a good piece. Make sure the one is safe, THEN bluff with the other 😒
  • Napoleon 1er and Fks like this

#519 murph878

murph878

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:47 AM

Wouldn't say it's honest if he doesn't tell you his name. Still very much against the rules to have a second account and not disclose the name correct? Against me he picked up a major and captain plus a bunch of small piece with his lotto and still kept lottoing all across my second row even after he was way ahead. May just have been a one time thing if he played straight up against you guys. As you can see I very rarely post names in here. He stuck out.

#520 josephwhite

josephwhite

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:28 PM

Henri de la Tour

Lottos Gen down my left, later says he has played me many times. Also, claimed that all his accounts are above 1000, but he is a Greek player and the only Greeks above 1000 are Overlord and Major Nelson, so it seems he is a liar too.

OGVn8kU.png

HmcGlY9.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users