#1 Fks

Fks

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 910 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:35 PM

Hey I have constantly been running in to games where my opponent will.

A. Leave the Set up timer running until 0 time remains then start playing. (in hope to make you leave game)

B. Use all 15 seconds for there move every time making the game go insanely slow. at least 1 minute per 4 moves and even then just repeat the same ones just to irritate or make you leave game.

C. When someone knows they are lost, They resort to (Example B.) or they simply let the time run out and when there clock hits zero they disconnect and you have to wait yet another 2 minutes.

This happens to come to be like every other game you play. and there are some people who do all of the above listed.

I don't know if there is a fix, I'm just stating there is a problem with it. at least from ELO brackets of 200-600.

I know that any sincere player will have a set up pre made and doesn't need 6 and a half minutes to "set up" there board. maybe 2 and a half minutes will suffice.

I cant be bothered waiting 9 minutes for one move to be played I don't have all the time in the world and I play to enjoy the game and not wait someone out.

Thank you - Fks

Edited by Fks, 25 August 2017 - 08:36 PM.

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#2 Tilor

Tilor

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:47 PM

Seems you must be running into a lot of poor sports! I have played almost 700 games on this site (698 to be exact) and have not played anyone who always took 15 seconds per move. I have played many people who will disconnect when they lose. As far as I can tell, nothing can be done about that. 

Keep playing and enjoy the good games! Ignore the childish people. You can't fix idiots.

Also, this is the Single Player area of the forum. Check the Multiplayer section for the Disconnecting Losers Hall of Shame.

• KissMyCookie likes this

Top Rating reached 6/8/18 - 716 Platinum Spy 

Current Rating as of 6/10/18 -687 Gold Marshal

#3 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,912 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 28 August 2017 - 03:10 AM

Hey I have constantly been running in to games where my opponent will.

Thanks for the report. But just to let you know, this topic was moved to the Multiplayer area of the forum. The fact you are talking about opponents disqualifies it from the Single Player area.

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#4 Fks

Fks

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 910 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:07 AM

Thanks for the report. But just to let you know, this topic was moved to the Multiplayer area of the forum. The fact you are talking about opponents disqualifies it from the Single Player area.

Sorry i'm new lol

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users