#1 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 872 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:28 PM

In this thread any special announcements will be published by the WCO team.

Signup & Rules can be found athttp://forum.strateg...es-and-sign-up/

"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

Follow the 3rd Online World Championship: http://forum.strateg...d-championship/

#2 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 872 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:29 PM

Courtesy of TC : Top 2 of WCO 2017/18 will qualify for Apex division in the pyramid league. Places 3 - 10 will qualify for Core division in pyramid league

• Hielco likes this

Follow the 3rd Online World Championship: http://forum.strateg...d-championship/

#3 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 872 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:34 PM

"My alias 'bardatos' is my highest account, but not my most known account, so may I ask for an exception? "  ( Yellowhat )

WCO Team is ok with 'Yellowhat' being used instead.

#4 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 872 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:48 AM

Napoleon 1er will play as Napoleon 1er instead of his highest ranked account Apocalypse.

#5 OverLord_98

OverLord_98

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:25 PM

Can I play with my highest account " Conqueror-Gr" instead of Overlord_98?

Edited by OverLord_98, 14 August 2017 - 12:29 PM.

" I can win everyone, but i can not lose from anyone "

#6 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,294 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:54 PM

Can I play with my highest account " Conqueror-Gr" instead of Overlord_98?

Υοu have to use the account name which is be used in  INTERNATIONAL ONLINE STRATEGO RANKING AND RATING and this is the account with name Overlord_98 

In special case you can ask to change your name in keier list but this maybe will take some time.

#7 OverLord_98

OverLord_98

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:47 PM

Ok. Thanks

" I can win everyone, but i can not lose from anyone "

#8 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 872 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:29 PM

Unladen Swallow will play as Unladen Swallow instead of his highest ranked account YourBiggestFan

#9 Morx

Morx

Miner

• WC Online Team
  • 157 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:00 PM

Jakehaar will play with his new accountname The Archaean

• FGP_ and The Achaean like this

#10 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 872 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:08 PM

Dear players,

The 3rd WCO has begun! The WCO team is very pleased and honored by the amount of sign ups this year. Thanks for the trust and making this event as great as possible. With 74 sign ups and 10 different countries the original goal of uniting the playerbase, both on- and offline, worldwide, seems to be succesful iniative.

kJHlKSt.png

You can find the first round pairings at:  http://forum.strateg...und-1-pairings/

Have fun!

WCO Team

stratego-multiplayer-screenshot1-300x225

• Don_Homer, Losermaker, texaspete09 and 1 other like this

#11 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,294 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:56 AM

Important notification

6 players have not visited yet their pms in order to arrange their games

1.catherder  NL

2. liefdemeisje DE

3. Fks           US

4. Marcaurèle 121   BE

5. 22900VoRselaar   BE

6.  Schulmeister        BE

These players are  newcomers and maybe they are not familiar yet with online tournaments and how it works , so if anyone who reads this post can contact them this will be very helpfull.

For all the above players plus those players who have not give yet their availabilty we would like to remind the related rules

4.3. Each round will take a maximum of 2 weeks.

In case a game has not been played, the WC team may decide that, based on effort of getting the game played by one or both of the participants.

A: The game is won by one of the participants, awarding the winning participant 6 points, the losing participant 1 point ( the losing participant showed some effort ), this scoring will be used in case of a legitimate disconnect.

B: The game is won by one of the participants, awarding the winning participant 6 points, the losing participant 0 points 

( the losing participant showed no or nearly zero effort ), this scoring can be used in case of an illegitimate disconnect.

C: The game is a draw ( both participants showed a lot of effort ).

D: Both participants receive 1 point ( both participants showed some effort ).

E: Both participants receive 0 points ( neither participant showed any effort ).

F: One participant receives 1 point, the other participant receives 0 points ( in case the former has showed some, but very minimal effort, and the other participant has showed no, or nearly no effort ).

G: Otherwise, to be decided by WC team.

Effort is measured in: Availability aswell as actively trying to get the game played

Above also applies in case of any disputes or / and difficulties, during or / and outside the actual game.

5. Game arrangement

5.1. Communication

Game arrangement will be done privately ( see 1.6. ). The WC team will start the private messages, participants in those messages will be:
- The 2 participants.
- 1, 2 or 3 members of the WC team.
- Anyone else the WC team needs / wishes to invite.

5.2. Showing availability
Both of the participants should give an indication of their availability, in the following ( or similar ) format:
Date - available time slots ( earliest starting and latest starting time ) in GMT. In case there is no availability on said day, a participant may put " N/A " or something similar.
Availability must be given for the entire week ( Monday - Sunday ), obviously this is just an indication, not a formal offer / agreement.
Availability (per week – this may be disregarded for the 2nd week if the game has already concluded ) must be shown, latest, by Wednesday 21.59 GMT. Failing to do so will result into (unofficial) warnings and loss of credit in case a game remains unplayed. Too many warnings will result into a talk with the WCO team about the issue.

5.3. In case a game can not be arranged, the default time for the game will be sunday of the second week of the round, at 18.00 GMT. Please note that if participant X has showed a lot of effort, and participant Y has not, but shows up at the default time, the probability of the WC team awarding the win to participant X is pretty high.

#12 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 872 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:35 PM

Players 'catherder' and 'liefdemeisje' were removed from WCO due to inactivity.

#13 Guest_liefdemeisje_*

Guest_liefdemeisje_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:50 PM

Liefdemeisje deeply apologizes for the unconvenience for all of the organizers and players.
​I did not play Stratego in the last months due to private reasons and did not think about telling anyone here that I have to forfeit.
​I respect the removal and will also probably not be able to play Stratego anymore, but I do feel sorry that I didn't say anything.
​Good luck for all the competitors and shall fairness and friendship in the Stratego community remain being valued high in the future,

#14 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 872 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:27 PM

Players 'hondjekapitein' was removed from WCO due to inactivity.

#15 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 872 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:42 AM

Note to all players: Due to unstability and poor performance of the site, the WCO team has decided to extend this round untill sunday, 5th of november 2017, 20.00 GMT.

In case all games are finished before this date, the next round will proceed as soon as possible, the amount of days of the next round will be (14 days + days left from this round).

Also, please note daylight saving time changes this weekend to avoid scheduling issues or/and conflicts.

WCO Team

• IOLAUS1926 likes this

#16 Morx

Morx

Miner

• WC Online Team
  • 157 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 November 2017 - 07:51 PM

WCO round 3 will be extended another week.

Due to the ongoing site problems 2 games were not played or not succesfully played.  Those games will get an extension of 1 week, hopefully the site will be fully functional by then again. The players in these games will get an individual instruction in their game threads. Three other games were no or low effort was taken by one or both players will be judged individually and results of those games will be communicated as by our normal procedure. More news will be communicated when available regarding this.

We are sorry for the delay in the tournament, but want to ensure that the games that are played are fun and are not influenced by slow movement and potential disconnect issues.

Thanks everyone for your patience in this

Morx

WCO Team

• GaryLShelton, Losermaker, mrbrainiac and 1 other like this

#17 Yangus

Yangus

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:58 AM

Edited by Yangus, 3 weeks ago.

#18 malcom.jansen

malcom.jansen

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:10 AM

Please make the 4th round.

3 weeks is enough to play a game. 4 weeks is too much.

I think you take a bad decision.

The site has been unplayable for 3 weeks. It is nearly impossible for a lot of people to play right now. Be patient.

• Losermaker and Moghedien like this

#19 Losermaker

Losermaker

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:07 AM

I fully support the WCO committee's decision. I have not been playing any games at all on the site since it has been slow, as Malcom says, it is at the point where it is unplayable. We can only hope that they (the stratego.com owners) do what they say they are going to do to fix the site soon.

• Don_Homer, Moghedien and Fks like this

#20 Nortrom

Nortrom

Captain

• WC Online Team
  • 872 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:01 AM

Hi,

The WCO team deeply regrets the necessity of the decision. We, as organizers, value the fun for players highly. Delaying the progress is definitely not a fun option, but having 30+ games with issues, disconnects and lag is going to be far worse.

We had hoped for the issues to be resolved already, unfortunately (out of our / MT control) this is not the case. Continuing now would lead to many issues. Even if all games would have been played (and thus a new pairing could be made) we would have recommended players to wait untill the issue was resolved. 

If you wish to display your dissatisfaction, customercare@stratego.com is a good channel for that ;)

WCO Team

• dutchkillers, GaryLShelton, Morx and 4 others like this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users