wazaaap

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

was gonna play 'boot1' ,setup time went to 1 and game started , now the timer ran again to zero and i won the game

so is he using a 'ready script' before he ran out of time on the setup timer?
nobody is gonna press rdy at 1second left and then not play ..
°_°

#2 BLeonard

BLeonard

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Sergeant

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

If I were to guess (and, this is a complete guess on my end)...

If you don't have your pieces set by the time the setup time is done, the computer will set them up for you (or fill in spots if you have your setup partially done). The startup time stopping at 1 second and starting the game could have just been the "buffer" to get from the setup screen to the gameplay screen.

Once the game starts, each player has 15 seconds (I think) to make a move. After that, each player has a 5 minute buffer. So, if they take 20 seconds on one move, 30 on another and 35 on another throughout the game, that would eat into their buffer 40 seconds. (20 - 15 = 5, 30 - 15 = 15, 35-15 = 20... 5+15+20 = 40). Once that buffer reaches zero, that player forfeits the game.

I don't think there was any script involved... The setup timer ran down to 1 second, then used that second to go from the setup screen to the game screen. After that, he used his 15 second clock starting ticking and, when that ran out, his 5 minute buffer started... 5 minutes later, you win.

If the 5 minute buffer didn't expire, he could have gotten distracted with real life stuff and when he came back, saw the random setup he was given and forfeited at that point.

Hopefully, this all makes sense and again, these are just my guesses.

-Bill

#3 wazaaap

wazaaap

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Didnt think of that

well if u run out of setuptime and it doesnt forfeit the game and u have to wait another 5 min coz hes afk
The game should be lost after the setup time expired
°_°

#4 wazaaap

wazaaap

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Marshal

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

another annoying thing :

so this is the second time i have to wait till someone disconnects
setuptimer goes to zero but it wont go too the gamescreen (1st time i got msg after 10min "user has left the game")
atm im sitting here waiting till this second person d/c on the server , allrdy for 15 min ...
°_°

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users