DarthRemark

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:36 AM

Good grief.  Just spent an hour playing this guy.  He starts asking for a draw 20% of the way in.  Just shuffles and does nothing.  Threatens to take his screen shots to the admins to get a draw.  I guess that's how he thinks you steal points from higher players.  So I hit him hard and he buckles but I lose some stuff.  I bleed him out then he starts perpetual checking with two pieces.  I tell him it's against the rules but he asks for a draw and says he's got his screenshots.  It's going to be a draw he says.  So I give this tool a piece to get out of the check and get a miner through to his flag.  He's blocking with a cap but the tempo is against him and I have his only other piece pinned.  So he starts berating me and accusing me of things.  Starts taking forever to take each move as I'm spaces short of his flag.  The game clock finally runs out and it ends. 

Sorry for the rant but I just wasted an hour of my life and had to call this guy out.

I've been spending too much time on this site the last few weeks.  I think I'm done. 

#2 malcom.jansen

malcom.jansen

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:58 AM

I had similar experiences with him.

#3 sdc81

sdc81

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:53 PM

Wedgehead is a sadistic alias. Yes, he is a tool. 

#4 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Captain

• Moderators
  • 812 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:33 PM

I don't think Wedgehead is Sadistic.

I've played Wedgehead 3 times . I'm 2-1 down and the game he lost he also ran the buffer to 0 when he was out of options.

I just looked back at a couple of the games and he is a very deliberate player  ,taking time with his moves even in the early stages.

Sadistic i don't think is known for things like disconnecting or double chasing .He just has a bad reputation for abusiveness in chat and forum .

Also he is not a player that takes time to move , he is very rapid and actually complains if his opponent is not ,

We can see here when he played Napoleon1er on an alias.   https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be 

Long game but only 4 seconds buffer used even though he took time to make a lot of hostile chat .

Another suspected alias for Sadistic was Deron06 . I played him and not 1 second of buffer used.

#5 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:18 PM

Sadistic = Burly Ben = Deron06

Wedgehead is not Sadistic. 

• texaspete09 likes this

#6 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:28 PM

Interesting sdc.  It never occurred to me that it might be Sadistic.  He seemed more like an intransigent 12-year old who really didn't understand ISF rules and threw a tantrum when he lost.  I had experience with Sadistic on Gravon years ago and he was much more verbally obnoxious.  But now that you mention it this guy's play style was exactly like I remember Sadistic.  Could someone play the same way for 10 years? ...and not get any better?  In my experience yes...lol, so I wouldn't rule it out.  I agree with tobermoryx though that I never saw Sadistic stall other than sitting on his side of the board like a lump and making you come to him.   

#7 wedgehead

wedgehead

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:42 AM

So you kept shuffling your pieces in your own half once I had gotten into a defensive position. I asked for a draw since neither of us were making progress and you refused. I guess you forgot to include that part that you kept shuffling in your backfield and that took up a good chunk of the hour of your life you claim you wasted. Later in the game, with my captain diagonal to your major and trapped, you kept trying to induce a misclick every few moves by attacking the captain with your major. You did this several times even though there was no way to capture him unless I made a misclick. Again these worthless checks took up a significant portion your precious hour, unless of course I had misclicked. It would feel good to win that way wouldn't it ? Anyway it's funny how selective you are in choosing what to include in your rant. I had the opportunity to lotto the miner that slipped through near the end game, but I didn't so you won. Yet you try and depict the game as if it was a trouncing.

SDC you routinely disconnect and have done to me at least twice. I'm sure other people reading this post have experienced this.

Malcom Jansen will start unsolicited insults before anything is written in the chat from his opponent. Again others reading this post have no doubt experienced the unsolicited, carefully worded goading and insults designed to get the opponent to say something abusive that he initiates.

can post in the forum.

Good grief.  Just spent an hour playing this guy.  He starts asking for a draw 20% of the way in.  Just shuffles and does nothing.  Threatens to take his screen shots to the admins to get a draw.  I guess that's how he thinks you steal points from higher players.  So I hit him hard and he buckles but I lose some stuff.  I bleed him out then he starts perpetual checking with two pieces.  I tell him it's against the rules but he asks for a draw and says he's got his screenshots.  It's going to be a draw he says.  So I give this tool a piece to get out of the check and get a miner through to his flag.  He's blocking with a cap but the tempo is against him and I have his only other piece pinned.  So he starts berating me and accusing me of things.  Starts taking forever to take each move as I'm spaces short of his flag.  The game clock finally runs out and it ends. 

Sorry for the rant but I just wasted an hour of my life and had to call this guy out.

I've been spending too much time on this site the last few weeks.  I think I'm done. 

Edited by wedgehead, 11 August 2017 - 12:46 AM.

#8 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:00 AM

Once you got into a defensive position?  I think only 4 exchanges occurred on my side of the board in the entire game.  All of those were toward the end and one of them was the serg I gave up to get out of your illegal double-chase.  I shuffled for only a few minutes to see if you would do something.  I was at all three entrances and inside one of them and still nothing.  When you threatened to take your screenshots to the admins I hit you and kept it up until you were done.  And there you go whining about misclicks again.  I honestly thought you were making excuses to yourself the other night.  I don't control your clicks and don't senselessly chase.  But throughout the game you chased pieces that weren’t trapped and tried to catch me in 3 space situations.  In one instance you got my luey..good on you.  Most of the time you had no chance and just tried to stall or hope I made a mistake.  Checking to move a piece is not the same as senselessly rechecking and double-chasing.  My maj checked your cap to give you a chance to lotto and when your maj passed in the lane with him (I didn't have to do that but it's a habit).  So I'll give you a half dozen checks to your easy 200+.  Your pathetic behavior at the end was a real treat.  Yeah, you didn't lotto.  You needed to, but you were playing for the draw the whole game and thought you might get it. 

Double-chasing is illegal.  If I was half inclined to waste more time with you I'd have made my own screenshots and opened a case against you.

Learn the rules and learn some sportsmanship.  You can have a fun time here and you might make some friends.

Edited by DarthRemark, 11 August 2017 - 05:06 AM.

• sdc81 likes this

#9 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 August 2017 - 05:30 PM

Much to my chagrin it's come to my attention that the MT doesn't currently rule on double-chase because it's too difficult to prove.  Even gladder I didn't waste the time now.

#10 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,905 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:59 AM

Much chagrin indeed... it was always our nr. 1 priority but Admin was always too busy. Just this month we learned there's now another reason for not getting the site out of Beta, and that is that the costs won't cover the expenses. So now we only have the tourneys in this site that are lead by volunteers fighting the chase.

Lo

#11 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,267 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:36 PM

Much to my chagrin it's come to my attention that the MT doesn't currently rule on double-chase because it's too difficult to prove.  Even gladder I didn't waste the time now.

Well, DR, the MT has never ruled on it. It's always been an Article 8 "What the Moderator Team Won't Judge" thing since even back when you were moderating. Earlier this year in mod chat we did consider an amendment to the rules to cover double chasing but it never got off the ground.
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#12 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:59 PM

Yes, I remember not ruling on it back then but for some reason had it in my mind that you did rule on it now.  A shame they can't justify more money for the site. 

#13 OuweSok

OuweSok

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:57 PM

Much chagrin indeed... it was always our nr. 1 priority but Admin was always too busy. Just this month we learned there's now another reason for not getting the site out of Beta, and that is that the costs won't cover the expenses. So now we only have the tourneys in this site that are lead by volunteers fighting the chase.

The costs won't cover the expenses, that is a funny error.

If the site is not break-even, how about you you implement some of the most frequently asked improvements and have players buy those new features.

I'm sure oodles of players will pay money to be able to

block players

replay games

review your own game statistics, rating history, etc

be anonymous 

etc

Check out my Stratego Youtube channel ! :o

#14 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:01 PM

Nice avatar. :) 

#15 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Dutch Tournament Manager
  • 1,038 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:23 PM

DarthRemark: When do we play our tournament game for third place from 2 years ago? I still want to play it :)
  • Lonello and KissMyCookie like this
To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#16 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,905 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:45 PM

Yes. We're all very anxious to see this game played. It's about a Fling match, that long it takes ;)  :P!

Lo

#17 DarthRemark

DarthRemark

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:01 AM

Hey Max.  I've had several people ask me about this game over the last few weeks.  I honestly don't remember leaving unfinished business when I left the site abruptly a couple of years ago.  I had many non-Stratego pressures and just needed a break and I think I thought I was done in the tourney. Anyway, I'd be honored to face you and settle this one for the record books.  I'm very busy this week but am planning to take all of next week off from work so can be very flexible then.  Let me know your availability and we can pick a time!

• Lonello, Losermaker and KissMyCookie like this

#18 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,267 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:43 AM

Oh my gosh, I'd completely forgotten about this one. Yes, better get it played, the trophies are starting to tarnish! :D

Some people here must have very long memories....
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users