OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:11 PM

As a silver sergeant i played a silver minor or so, we were quite close and I lost 12 points when he accepted my draw proposal in endgame

That seems an error?

Check out my Stratego Youtube channel ! :o

#2 slothrop2

slothrop2

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:17 PM

I've had the same thing happen to me multiple times.  Including losing points after opponent resigns.  Playing from iphone app, though I don't see why that would matter.

#3 Fks

Fks

Captain

• NASF Committee
  • 980 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:47 PM

As a silver sergeant i played a silver minor or so, we were quite close and I lost 12 points when he accepted my draw proposal in endgame

That seems an error?

Do you remember how many points you got in your previous draw?

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#4 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:07 PM

Do you remember how many points you got in your previous draw?

NFI

:(

#5 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,970 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:37 AM

It would be an error, but it's probably a situation where something strange happened on your just-previous game and the system hiccuped and didn't charge you correctly on the game before. Check out where you were three games ago with your ELO and see if the results don't work out when you look at the bigger picture of your recent games.

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#6 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:25 PM

ugh can I check out my rating in the past?

How?

#7 slothrop2

slothrop2

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 05 November 2017 - 08:40 PM

It would be an error, but it's probably a situation where something strange happened on your just-previous game and the system hiccuped and didn't charge you correctly on the game before. Check out where you were three games ago with your ELO and see if the results don't work out when you look at the bigger picture of your recent games.

I've been wondering if this is this case since you posted it.  I lose points or gain none a little more than 5% of the time after won games.  So I've meticulously tracked my rating since then, comparing it to the ELO table you posted ( I can now definitively say that my rating has been tracking 100% accurate to the table, and the error games (win game/lose points) are not making up for previous hiccups -- they are simply standalone errors.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users