Photo

Does the US need a border wall with Mexico?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Does the US need a border wall with Mexico? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Does the US need a border wall with Mexico?

1. Yes (9 votes [81.82%])

Percentage of vote: 81.82%

2. No (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 anita j

anita j

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:39 PM

We hear almost nothing about the more than 100 reporters who have been slaughtered by the drug cartels and their collaborators inside the Mexican government. The killers are rarely found, let alone punished:  98 percent went unsolved.

But who is doing the killing – is it just the narcos? Javier Valdez, an award winning journalist who had at least 13 bullets pumped into him, didn’t think so. Time and again he pointed to the politicians who use the cartels as their bankers and hit squads.

The US sends $3.6 billion to Mexico annually, ostensibly to help them fight the "war on drugs." But this money is going into the pockets of 1) the corrupt Mexican political class, which makes the reign of the narcos possible, and 2) our own corrupt political class, i.e. the numerous contractors who, as The Intercept points out,

“...reap enormous profits from contracts on everything from Black Hawk helicopters to armed vehicles, intelligence equipment, computer software, night-vision goggles, surveillance aircrafts, satellites systems, and more. Additionally, weapons companies benefit from direct sales of arms and other equipment, which net another billion each year for the weapons contractors.”

The US is worried that the borders of Afghanistan are insecure?

So what’s the solution? Legalize drugs?

It isn’t that simple. While I am in favor of legalizing most drugs, I’ve got to admit that it is very far from a panacea. The issue is separate from the question of the cartels: after all, the Mafia in America didn’t disappear because alcohol prohibition was lifted. Aside from that, the political reality is that drugs aren’t going to be legalized – either here or in Mexico – any time soon.

#2 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:24 PM

http://original.anti...o-real-problem/

Most of what you wrote/write has been copy pasted. Same goes for all of your posts, actually.

So what's your opinion on it? 

Edited by Unladen Swallow, 16 June 2017 - 05:27 PM.

#3 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 968 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:08 PM

this is just another alias of Walhall and the MT cannot close them all. Pay no attention as he is a paranoid conspiracy nut.

Anita J

Loded Diper

Megatriumph are all Walhall as he can't take a hint that his BS is so obvious and this is no place for conspiracy nuts. If you are weak minded enough to believe any of his BS please don't read the forum and certainly don't vote. It only motivates him to post more. It is like a whack a mole. Ban one account and another pops up.

Why do you feel the need to convert sane humans to this insane way of thinking? Those voices in your head are not real. See a shrink and get medicated and they will go away.

#4 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,199 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:44 PM

People wanting money? What an insane idea. Financial advantages are there to be had for those who are able and willing. The real delusion is suffered by those who think that this possibility (or possibilities like it) are merely a conspiracy. All over the world (as illustrated by the fire in London this very week) powerful people and corporations are prioritising personal profit over human life.

I know nothing about the specifics of this particular latest accusation, but I do know that people protect their interests and satisfy their greed at the expense of society. Call it a crazy proposition if you like, but consider that it is you who is living in denial.

#5 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 968 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:46 AM

People wanting money? What an insane idea. Financial advantages are there to be had for those who are able and willing. The real delusion is suffered by those who think that this possibility (or possibilities like it) are merely a conspiracy. All over the world (as illustrated by the fire in London this very week) powerful people and corporations are prioritising personal profit over human life.

I know nothing about the specifics of this particular latest accusation, but I do know that people protect their interests and satisfy their greed at the expense of society. Call it a crazy proposition if you like, but consider that it is you who is living in denial.

I think this is a very accurate observation. Corporations control more money than many small countries. There are no walls to stop them. A wall between the US border and Mexico will change nothing and IMO it will never be built. It was just red meat for those who believe that walls matter. We need cheap labor and the Mexicans are happy to provide it. Last time I looked 20% of all illegals are not from Central America or Mexico. Now that corporations are moving their factories there, they won't need to come here. I wonder how many call center jobs were lost to SE Asia? Maybe we can put up a wall in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Damn boat people will do anything to steal our piece of the American Pie.  ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users