Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:38 PM

Sorry, MN, I was typing that before you posted you last statement. Iwon't distract from the focus any longer. 

It was fun watching you play back to back games like you did because each time you won and started a new one, it was exciting to see if you would obtain even more points to put you closer to 1000. If I can ask for a request, if you get to a new max on either Major Nelson or Derrick Rose, those are the most exciting to watch because we can root for you as though we are watching you get their for the first time. 

• Major Nelson likes this

#62 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:49 PM

Sorry, MN, I was typing that before you posted you last statement. Iwon't distract from the focus any longer. 
It was fun watching you play back to back games like you did because each time you won and started a new one, it was exciting to see if you would obtain even more points to put you closer to 1000. If I can ask for a request, if you get to a new max on either Major Nelson or Derrick Rose, those are the most exciting to watch because we can root for you as though we are watching you get their for the first time.

Next time I'll be approaching 1070 I'll make sure I set the recorder on. ;)
  • Wogomite and Fks like this
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

#63 Wogomite

Wogomite

Captain

• Honorary members
  • 881 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:17 PM

Next time I'll be approaching 1070 I'll make sure I set the recorder on. ;)

You don't have to wait until your approaching 1070 though, any ranked match above 1000 points is exciting to watch :)

#64 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,067 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:37 PM

Greetings, Major Nelson. Jeannie told me you might take exception to what I have to offer as feedback for your excellent videos. Wait a moment, she's on the phone with me...she says you are more than enough of a man to handle anything coming your way...wait a sec'... she said she was joking..."Master is a most sensitive man!," she says.

Well, shall I offer you a comment, please? I will take the chance...wait a second, Jeannie says it's okay, so...here we go.

I really appreciate your first video with English language commentary–thank you! Your english is very good, and you speak well. Naturally, your game-play technique is incredible and is highly instructive to watch you deal with various problems. Your matches with Bosphorus Sultan are particularly instructional. The only thing I would ask of you to help improve the quality of your video is this:

1) Please explain HOW you are interpreting your opponent's moves. Ex: This piece coming down my right flank seems to be a high piece–the reason I say this is because it started here... (you made a great statement about why you did not believe his two piece Spy buff as he approached your known marshal on your left flank...more of this kind of commentary, please).

2) Please explain WHY you decide upon a particular counter move. Ex: "He has marched his marshal right into my front row and is attempting to control the board–I am going to set up a series of Spy bluffs, and at some point he will have to withdraw, or attack, and it is my goal to get him to attack the wrong piece so that my Spy will get his marshal."

3) Please explain when you know it is the necessary time to lotto–it may seem obvious to you, but not all of us will react as quickly or with the same knowledge as a player at your level.

The improvements will be a constant explanation of ALL movements. Take for example Napoleon 1er's videos...he often comments (in text) at just about every moment there is a developing scenario...you may feel free to do the same and it will provide a good deal of insight to your thinking and how players of your level approach this game. Fks also does this and comments when he is suspicious of a piece, or if he knows for sure in his heart that a BIG gun is about to come at him.

Thank you so much for making the English version available–you will reach a much bigger audience, too!  :D

• rgillis783, Major Nelson and TemplateRex like this

#65 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,183 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:55 PM

Thanks for your comments, Robert, I'll try to improve my commentary as far as the points you stressed are concerned.

#66 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 950 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 April 2018 - 09:10 PM

3) Please explain when you know it is the necessary time to lotto–it may seem obvious to you, but not all of us will react as quickly or with the same knowledge as a player at your level.

It is always the correct time to go RRRRAAAA, after all a little risk never hurt anyone!

• Major Nelson, KissMyCookie and Unladen Swallow like this
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#67 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,067 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 25 April 2018 - 09:28 PM

It is always the correct time to go RRRRAAAA, after all a little risk never hurt anyone!

Yes, you are quite right, roeczak...such as the time Major Nelson lottoed you to death in the video upload you offered . . .  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

RRRRAAAA ! ! ! !  :o  :o  :o  :o 

• OVERLORD. likes this

#68 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 25 April 2018 - 09:33 PM

lotto all day every day! :D

RRRRRRAAAAAAAAA!!

• OVERLORD., roeczak, rgillis783 and 3 others like this

I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world. 

#69 murph878

murph878

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:25 PM

Im not sure where RAAAAAA comes from for you guys but it reminded me of a local wrestler in Boston whose catchphrase is RAAAA. His videos are absolutely hilarious. Check it out if you have a few mins.

https://youtu.be/u9JtBa00Erc
  • rgillis783 likes this

#70 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,067 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:25 PM

lotto all day every day! :D

RRRRRRAAAAAAAAA!!

LOL ! ! !

#71 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,733 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:01 AM

It's interesting hearing MN's voice. :)
  • Fks likes this

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#72 Electrichammer

Electrichammer

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:48 PM

Lol Raaaaaaaa :o  :lol:

#73 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,183 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:56 PM

Ranked matches with English commentary vol.2:

https://www.youtube....h?v=qIkv0_B9kkI

• Fks likes this

#74 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:57 PM

do we get to see any RRRRRRAAAAAAA in this video? If not I will be disappointed... 

I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world. 

#75 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,183 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:05 PM

do we get to see any RRRRRRAAAAAAA in this video? If not I will be disappointed... 

Not from my side, I'm sorry to disappoint you. :(

But one of my opponents did capture many successive pieces with his Marshal (RRRRRRAAAAAA) but in the end hit a bomb and surrendered. Check from 52:10 to 53:20.

• Wogomite and Fks like this

#76 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:52 PM

Very nice :) Are you able to turn off the sound of the pieces when it moves and takes pieces it is very annoying. :(
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#77 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,183 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:54 PM

Very nice :) Are you able to turn off the sound of the pieces when it moves and takes pieces it is very annoying. :(

Really? I like it. But yes, I can turn it off when making a video with commentary.

• Fks likes this

#78 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 April 2018 - 11:01 PM

Really? I like it. But yes, I can turn it off when making a video with commentary.

Ah the first game ever I played on this site I had to turn it off :) Thanks your the best! I will have to try your anti lotto set up to see if it works for me as my own are terrible ;)
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#79 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Major

• Members
  • 1,067 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 27 April 2018 - 11:09 PM

Greetings, Major Nelson! I must say that your match with Rambo237 is one of the best of the best when it comes to entertainment...when he lottoed your bomb with his marshal, I burst out laughing, but your reaction is also priceless! Wonderful.

I was not even going to watch the third one, but when I saw the guy's moniker, I remember having played this guy...he has no skills whatsoever, and I got the bite on him in similar fashion–general trade, my spy got his marsh, and then I got his major with a colonel, too. It was great to hear you comment, "I don't understand the point of that move..." Well, guess what? Rambo237 doesn't understand much about why he moves his pieces the way he does either.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Thank you for the laugh...it was fun! :D

• Major Nelson and Fks like this

#80 Colonel Chop Chop

Colonel Chop Chop

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Lieutenant

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:47 AM

I love the sound on. It tunes your mindset and focus to Stratego state.
Keep recording and posting. I can learn a lot from it. I'm really in love with this game and recently found you can play online too :D so this and your videos are a great way to develop my play!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users