Major Nelson

Miner

• Greek Tournament Manager
  • 241 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:09 PM

Dear stratego fans,

I have been watching videos uploaded by other great players for quite a long time. I like uploading videos of games as an idea, which is why I decided to run my own channel with stratego videos. I ll soon upload my first video. Please tell me your opinion about it. Hit like and don t forget to subscribe!

• groundbob likes this
Winning isn 't everything, but wanting to win is.

#2 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Miner

• 241 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:27 AM

This is the link for my first video. At the end of the game I could not find the stop button, so excuse me for my clumsiness :P :P

https://www.youtube....h?v=zJCTmKMW944

Edited by Major Nelson, 15 June 2017 - 12:27 AM.

• tobermoryx, groundbob and KissMyCookie like this

#3 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Captain

• Moderators
  • 840 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:15 AM

He still had a chance of a draw if he hadn't blown his Colonel up.

• Major Nelson likes this

#4 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Miner

• 241 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:17 AM

At the end of the game he had a colonel and a lieutenant and I had a marshal, 2 captains, a sergeant and a miner. He could just walk around with his colonel and not reveal his lieutenant, hoping that when I would bring my miner he would capture my miner without my learning any other of his pieces. Then, I would have to attack with my sergeant and captains hoping that 3 tries would be enough to find his flag among 6 unmovable pieces. It s true that in this case the game could have ended as a draw, but I think would have to be very unlucky to let this happen. Anyway, definitely not very clever for him to just hit a certain bomb with his colonel.

#5 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:01 PM

It is very interesting for me to observe the remarkable differences in the style of play from player to another. For those who think this game is just another silly board-game, they are sadly mistaken.

The manner in which you, Major Nelson, handled your opponent and the various situations made for an exciting game with Captain Kouk. Capt. Kouk had some strong moments which added a lot of suspense, but somehow, I felt that you tried to keep your cool and focus upon your next "best" move. In the end, he disintegrated, perhaps out of being tired, or even possibly impatient, but it was a surprise finish for me.

As Tobermoryx has commented here, I have watched some videos which feature him, and his style is absolutely different from yours. At one moment I thought (I think it was during a game with either astos or steelers...please feel free to correct me, Tbymx), to myself, "This guy is a platinum?" And then, BOOM!!! He started moving pieces in a way in which I would have been torn apart in three minutes–definitely platinum!!!  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

It is a real fortune to have people like you, Tobermoryx, Roeczak, Fairway, Silverhammer, and Maxroelofs generously sharing videos. (I'm sorry we lost the Mystery Player). There are others here too which must be acknowledged for their contributions, but it makes for interesting study, learning, and comparisons. In the end, however, until one develops more understanding of this complex game, these videos reveal only a little bit about the game itself and how one might encounter very unique problems and puzzles to solve.  :blink:

Thanks, Major Nelson.  :)

• TheOptician, tobermoryx, Wogomite and 2 others like this

#6 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Miner

• 241 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:05 PM

This is a link for the video of a friendly match between me and henry domerkant. As you can see my set up is ridiculous :P . I think it would have been a very interesting match, had henry not rushed with his marshal. Anyway... :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube....h?v=DOAs7o6bRj0

Edited by Major Nelson, 08 July 2017 - 08:19 PM.

#7 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Miner

• 241 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:05 PM

This is a link for the video of the match between me and maxroelofs. Again I would like to thank max for allowing me to record it :)

https://www.youtube....h?v=AiaIxCXUx94

• tobermoryx likes this

#8 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Dutch Tournament Manager
  • 1,038 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:35 PM

BTW

I did recognise your setup really early in the game, its the same as in another of your yt games. (thats why I knew that the marshal was on the other side). I recognised it as being shifted left to right, I didnt look it up though, all I remembered was that the marshal was on the other side. I couldve looked up the setup and lottod you to hell, but that would not be very sportsmanlike.. But just so you know, dont do that again, because not everybody will do that.
  • tobermoryx and Major Nelson like this
To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#9 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Miner

• 241 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:12 AM

You are right, it was a set up I use quite often at ranked matches. I really like it and since there was a chance you had seen it at my first youtube video I thought that maybe if I mirrored it then you wouldn t recognise it. Apparently this wasn t enough as you say that you remembered it. I really appreciate it that you didn t look up my set up. But you are definitely right, it wasn t wise to use the same set up (or mirrored, whatever) and I shall take your advice and not do it again in the future. Thank you.

#10 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Miner

• 241 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:04 PM

Below the link for the video of my game against constrictor. Many thanks to constrictor for allowing me to record the match :)

https://www.youtube....h?v=SwoIQboRaU8

• The Prof, tobermoryx and texaspete09 like this

#11 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Miner

• 241 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:44 PM

New video, match against Henry domerkant for Pyramid :)

https://www.youtube....h?v=rlHiH8IcJnI

• The Prof likes this

#12 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,084 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:19 AM

Thanks for sharing Major Nelson. 

• tobermoryx, Major Nelson and groundbob like this

#13 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:43 PM

Hey, Major Nelson! This one made me think of you, but now I have a question for you...

...in the wild and unlikely scenario that I would beat you during a match, if I do win, do I get to keep Jeannie for myself?!  :lol:

http://imgur.com/a/kFoT2

Talk about a cutie...she was terrific!

See you soon!

#14 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Miner

• 241 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:08 PM

Haha :D
Indeed, Jeannie is like a treasure to me. Maybe if you beat me I ll lend her to you for a couple of days to make some of your wishes true... However I would never surrender my Jeannie so easily... I ve considered commanding her make me the best stratego player in the world, but I guess it would be more interesting to try to achieve this by myself :) :).
Nevertheless, in case I don t make it, I do have this secret (charming) weapon ;) :P
  • KissMyCookie likes this

#15 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:22 PM

Haha :D
Indeed, Jeannie is like a treasure to me. Maybe if you beat me I ll lend her to you for a couple of days to make some of your wishes true... However I would never surrender my Jeannie so easily... I ve considered commanding her make me the best stratego player in the world, but I guess it would be more interesting to try to achieve this by myself :) :).
Nevertheless, in case I don t make it, I do have this secret (charming) weapon ;) :P

Major Nelson, you are a true original!  :)

And out of the pure respect for you, but especially for our beloved Jeannie, I would never ask you to "lend her" out. You found her fair and square...besides...she has a very special feeling for you. So...we must decide our fates upon the battlefield of honor!

See

You

Soon!

Sincerely,

KMC, your most humble adversary

• Major Nelson likes this

#16 OuweSok

OuweSok

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:18 AM

Need...more...videos

I have seen all of them twice already. Max, tobermoryx, nelson, Napo, etc

• Major Nelson and KissMyCookie like this

Check out my Stratego Youtube channel ! :o

#17 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Miner

• 241 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 4 weeks ago

This is a link for my match against roeczak for Pyramid League. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube....h?v=fyZnAM2Dxec

BONUS: I know it s been long since the last time I uploaded a video. Before facing roeczak I tried the set up I intended to use against him at a ranked game, which I won, despite the opponent s doublechasing towards the end of the game. Here it is, in case you are interested in taking a look ;) .

https://www.youtube....YwX_iN-84&t=21s

Edited by Major Nelson, 4 weeks ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users