Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 2 weeks ago

Dear stratego fans,

I have been watching videos uploaded by other great players for quite a long time. I like uploading videos of games as an idea, which is why I decided to run my own channel with stratego videos. I ll soon upload my first video. Please tell me your opinion about it. Hit like and don t forget to subscribe!

#2 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted A week ago

This is the link for my first video. At the end of the game I could not find the stop button, so excuse me for my clumsiness :P :P

https://www.youtube....h?v=zJCTmKMW944

Edited by Major Nelson, A week ago.

• tobermoryx and KissMyCookie like this

#3 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 677 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted A week ago

He still had a chance of a draw if he hadn't blown his Colonel up.

#4 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted A week ago

At the end of the game he had a colonel and a lieutenant and I had a marshal, 2 captains, a sergeant and a miner. He could just walk around with his colonel and not reveal his lieutenant, hoping that when I would bring my miner he would capture my miner without my learning any other of his pieces. Then, I would have to attack with my sergeant and captains hoping that 3 tries would be enough to find his flag among 6 unmovable pieces. It s true that in this case the game could have ended as a draw, but I think would have to be very unlucky to let this happen. Anyway, definitely not very clever for him to just hit a certain bomb with his colonel.

#5 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted A week ago

It is very interesting for me to observe the remarkable differences in the style of play from player to another. For those who think this game is just another silly board-game, they are sadly mistaken.

The manner in which you, Major Nelson, handled your opponent and the various situations made for an exciting game with Captain Kouk. Capt. Kouk had some strong moments which added a lot of suspense, but somehow, I felt that you tried to keep your cool and focus upon your next "best" move. In the end, he disintegrated, perhaps out of being tired, or even possibly impatient, but it was a surprise finish for me.

As Tobermoryx has commented here, I have watched some videos which feature him, and his style is absolutely different from yours. At one moment I thought (I think it was during a game with either astos or steelers...please feel free to correct me, Tbymx), to myself, "This guy is a platinum?" And then, BOOM!!! He started moving pieces in a way in which I would have been torn apart in three minutes–definitely platinum!!!  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

It is a real fortune to have people like you, Tobermoryx, Roeczak, Fairway, Silverhammer, and Maxroelofs generously sharing videos. (I'm sorry we lost the Mystery Player). There are others here too which must be acknowledged for their contributions, but it makes for interesting study, learning, and comparisons. In the end, however, until one develops more understanding of this complex game, these videos reveal only a little bit about the game itself and how one might encounter very unique problems and puzzles to solve.  :blink:

Thanks, Major Nelson.  :)

• TheOptician, Wogomite and Major Nelson like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users