The Winged Hussar

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well, it happened again. This is the third time in last several weeks where I am playing a game and the computer says I lost my internet connection. I, of course, checked it immediately and found this not to be the case.

Then it just takes me back to the home page, deducts my ELO points, and assigns me yet another loss. All with me not having to do a thing......

It happened today while playing someone named "jemeray." This is getting very annoying if not discouraging.....

Is there anything that can be done about this?

I'm all ears.....

~The Winged Hussar~

#2 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 3 weeks ago

I have experienced the same problem multiple times. In fact once I was about to capture ones flag when this happened
Unfortunately my dear friend I have not yet found a solution.

#3 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 3 weeks ago

I have experienced the same problem multiple times. In fact, once I was about to cqpture the opponent's flag when this happened
Unfortunately I have yet to find a solution my dear friend.

#4 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 3 weeks ago

I could not see me first post; that s why I send the same thing twice.

#5 The Winged Hussar

The Winged Hussar

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 3 weeks ago

I have experienced the same problem multiple times. In fact once I was about to capture ones flag when this happened
Unfortunately my dear friend I have not yet found a solution.

Major Nelson,

That must have completely infuriating to say the least. Is there anyway one can at the least get back the ELO points that were so scurrilously snatched away?

~The Winged Hussar~

#6 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 3 weeks ago

In one case as soon as I found an opponent the application kicked me out and then I logged in again only to find out that I had lost points. I told Gary Shelton about it and he told me to send an email to a specific address in which I would explain what happened and at what time. It seems the admins somehow found out what happened at that time to my account cause eventually they gave me back my points. I don t know whether anything can be done if something goes wrong during the game. Even if the admins find out that this happened indeed, how can they know that this occured unintentionally (cause many players disconnect on purpose)? I suggest you send a pm to Gary informing him about your problem, since he is more aware of what is the procedure in such cases and he might have some advice to give you. Good luck.

#7 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 3 weeks ago

Major Nelson,

That must have completely INFURIATING to say the least. Is there anyway one can at the least get back the ELO points that were so scurrilously snatched away?

~The Winged Hussar~

Indeed, it has :(

#8 The Winged Hussar

The Winged Hussar

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well...gollee....once again the mighty computer daemon hath cut me off at the knees and assigned me to the lower depths of Dante's inferno or something like that......

This time I was all revved up to play a guy named MG. when said computer just resigned me to the 6th ring or so and didn't even say anything like ya'll lost your internet connection or anything as profound as that. Nope, just as I was completing the assembly of my set up it bounced me back to the home page (do not pass 'go"...do not collect $200...and do not play the guy you were assigned either....) 

It did, of course, give me three things whether I wanted them or not.

1.) A loss

2.) A deduction of 13 ELO points

3.) Another fit of rage ...um...that one is on me I suppose.

One can only surmise as to the next time the Computer from Dante will strike again. Hide the women and children and gird your loins folks. We are in for a bumpy ride.

~The Winged Hussar~

• TheOptician likes this

#9 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,213 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 2 weeks ago

I record most of my games just in case, if you send customercare a video they will refund your points.. just have to be patient. Last one took 2 months. <_<

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#10 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 677 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 2 weeks ago

Do you send them videos when your opponent is glitched , asking them to take your points away ?!

#11 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

Do you send them videos when your opponent is glitched , asking them to take your points away ?!

No, it solely upon the disconnected player to claim the points back. 

#12 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,213 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 2 weeks ago

How do you know if your opponent was booted from a game? Doesn't it just show up as disconnect?

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#13 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 677 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 2 weeks ago

If they disconnect while they are winning , or if the game is even , then surely that is what happened to them.

The rankings must get distorted by many players claiming points back for glitches while happily keeping what they get from unfortunate opponents.

I reckon I must have 300 points lost to glitches last 2 years . I've not claimed any so perhaps I should be on ELO 1030 😃

Though if they took all the free points I got the other way I might be on 730 😶

#14 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

If they disconnect while they are winning , or if the game is even , then surely that is what happened to them.

The rankings must get distorted by many players claiming points back for glitches while happily keeping what they get from unfortunate opponents.

I reckon I must have 300 points lost to glitches last 2 years . I've not claimed any so perhaps I should be on ELO 1030

The rankings do not get distorted.

For example let's say Silverhammer gave me his account password and I bring his account upto 600 elo. Does this mean he's at this level -- no. After a few games his account will be back at the rank he is truly at. 

#15 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 677 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yes , if a player gets glitched 5 times in a row he would then have a run of relatively easy games and be back where he should.

To me though it's an argument against these claims as it don't matter long term.

Where it would distort the rankings is if a player received a big refund and then just stopped playing on that account.

So I could provide evidence of 300 lost points , get up to 1030 , not play anymore on this account , and claim to be 1 of the top 20 players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users