#1 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 912 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 3 weeks ago

Today an epic battle was fought by two Dutch Champions Maxroelofs and Hielco. So who won? Well the mystery is over and I want to congratulate Hielco for a masterful win.

The Dramatic Final Match

[attachment=1049:GuyArmy02.png]  #1

[attachment=1048:maxresdefault.jpg]  #2

[attachment=1050:europeanswallow.gif]  #3

[attachment=1051:images.jpg]  #4

As soon as I get the results of the drawing I will post the list and if you are one of the lucky winners and have a paypal account send me your email address associated with it. If not I will PM you your Amazon GC number.

What a tournament it has been and they are all back to play again in the Queenbee's 

[attachment=1052:Spring Fling.jpg]

• Lonello, Hielco, The Prof and 4 others like this

#2 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 3 weeks ago

@Maxroelofs
Do you intend to record the final? I think it s going to be a very interesting match.
  • texaspete09 likes this

#3 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Dutch Tournament Manager
  • 1,019 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

This will likely be the first final to be viewable to all. 

I stated in the pm that I allow recordings, in the past Hielko has allowed recordings as well, enjoy the watch.. ;)

• texaspete09 and Major Nelson like this
To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#4 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

I will watch now!

#5 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 912 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 3 weeks ago

What a great finish. My deep personal gratitude goes out to all those who played and we had a final match worthy of a championship. The top four have all been paid and the drawing will take place soon. Max opened the gate for comments.

1-100.00 Grand Prize

8-25.00 just for playing prizes.

Again if you have a paypal send me the email associated with it. I wish I could give away 25.00 to everyone.

#6 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Captain

Posted 3 weeks ago

The Prize Drawing will happen very soon and will be announced by QueenBee1. So, please stay tuned! More to follow!

#7 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• 1,019 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well feel free to comment whatever you like.

#8 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 912 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 3 weeks ago

Since Max opened it up for comments feel free to express your opinions. I thought it was a terrific match played by two champions befitting the end of my first go at running a tournament. Lots of firsts for me.

• Bill0nStrateg0 likes this

#9 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,023 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 3 weeks ago

Loved watching the game! Thanks for videoing the game to both of you. Solid game by both players. :)
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#10 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 3 weeks ago

Guys, can you send a link for the final?

#11 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• 1,019 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

Just click on the link in Queenbee's post. ;)

• Major Nelson likes this

#12 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,205 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 3 weeks ago

It was indeed a  nice game  :) Thx for sharing.

I think that max lost the chance to get a better result in 37.10 when he has had the opportunity to exchange Marshals but he didn't.

At this point (if Marshals were out of the game) there was a situation where max has had big advantage to take at least the draw.

Hielco's major was trapped from Max's colonel and Max has had big advantage of minor pieces. Only thing he has had to do if the situation was as I describe above, was to take care to have his captain free to move around the lake.

• Major Nelson likes this

#13 Master Mind

Master Mind

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 869 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think that max lost the chance to get a better result in 37.10 when he has had the opportunity to exchange Marshals but he didn't.

At this point (if Marshals were out of the game) there was a situation where max has had big advantage to take at least the draw.

Hielco's major was trapped from Max's colonel and Max has had big advantage of minor pieces. Only thing he has had to do if the situation was as I describe above, was to take care to have his captain free to move around the lake.

When I was watching the game, I also found this one. In that case, I also would have certainly exchanged the marshals. I really was wondering why Max did not take this advantage...

Anyways Max, you played a very great game here, and congratulations Hielco!

First Dutch Champion Juniors 2015

#14 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• 1,019 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hielko still has the captain as well, all he has to do is use his kolonel to keep my captain away, then trap my lieutenants one by one, then he can force a captain trade, and then I lose. :)

#15 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,390 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hielko still has the captain as well, all he has to do is use his kolonel to keep my captain away, then trap my lieutenants one by one, then he can force a captain trade, and then I lose. :)

Not necessarily, you could have moved your lieutenants behind your colonel on the right.  He would need to trade colonels to break through, and then bring up the captain to trap them with his major.  During this time, he would have nothing higher than a miner in his back two rows, so you could bring up a miner and take a guess at a front bomb with nothing to lose.  Suppose you only trade miners and then he forces a captain trade, as you suggested.  Then you would still have have a sergeant, 2 miners and spy against a major, 2 miners and a spy.  Your unknown sergeant might even be able to get a miner to give you a 4 vs. 3 piece advantage in the endgame.

• KARAISKAKIS likes this

#16 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• 1,019 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 2 weeks ago

Putting them behind the kolonel and not losing them would mean the same as losing them.

Also, I will not be able to defend my flag anymore, amd with two possible flag locations left, it wouldn't be ideal in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users