#21 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 899 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:03 AM

I would take anyway at this point , but you are right he should have at least given me a 1/2.

I played horribly in the last game , but fortunately i still won.
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#22 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 899 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:58 PM

Here is what Major Nelson chooses to do in a tournament game, where I am in a must-win situation and he just needs a draw:

This is the most brutal lottoer I have encountered in a while- no scouting no anything. And he is a Platinum... Marshal. 

Maybe I should have gotten the hint when he changed his profile photo to a Marshal.... 

Anyway, enjoy me been absolutely destroyed in less than 4 minutes : Exposing Major Nelson - The Lottoer?!

:D
  :D  :D  :D  :D 

Edited by roeczak, 10 December 2017 - 09:59 PM.

• Dobby125, tobermoryx, Major Nelson and 3 others like this
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#23 Fks

Fks

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,119 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:09 PM

lol

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

http://forum.strateg...18/#entry461226

#24 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,072 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:15 PM

Here is what Major Nelson chooses to do in a tournament game, where I am in a must-win situation and he just needs a draw:

This is the most brutal lottoer I have encountered in a while- no scouting no anything. And he is a Platinum... Marshal. 

Maybe I should have gotten the hint when he changed his profile photo to a Marshal.... 

Anyway, enjoy me been absolutely destroyed in less than 4 minutes : Exposing Major Nelson - The Lottoer?!

I guess I 'll have to get by with the image of scottrussia 2... lol. I know it seems ridiculous, but here is my thinking. Roeczak and I have played numerous games together. From my experience I know that his putting a first-row bomb in a match against me is like science fiction. As for his spy, it will either be located at the 3rd row, or at the left side of the 2nd row. I 've been thinking for about a month how to approach our super-important match and it REALLY seemed like a logical solution to me in order to beat him easily. From now on I 'm sure he is going to change the set ups he intends to use against me. I admit it, I feel a bit sorry and ashamed winning a tournament game like that, but honestly I could not resist. Sorry roeczak, I 'll make it up to you somehow.

P.S.: Indeed, you should have got the hint of my changing my profile picture to Marshal just before the game.

Good luck with your next matches and always remember...

THE SPARTAN WARRIORS ARE ON THE MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Losermaker, Dobby125, tobermoryx and 4 others like this

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

#25 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:16 PM

Hey, roeczak man, whatcha talkin' 'bout, dude. That wasn't Major Nelson playing–that was Jeannie and she looked pissed off. I know her playing style. Man! She was on a rampage...probably because Major Nelson was caught going out with some other chick.

Don't feel bad...that was probably the most violent, funny, and marvelously executed lotto by Jeannie.

Take it easy, bro!  :D

• Major Nelson likes this

#26 KissMyCookie

KissMyCookie

Captain

• Members
  • 876 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:19 PM

I guess I 'll have to get by with the image of scottrussia 2... lol. I know it seems ridiculous, but here is my thinking. Roeczak and I have played numerous games together. From my experience I know that his putting a first-row bomb in a match against me is like science fiction. As for his spy, it will either be located at the 3rd row, or at the left side of the 2nd row. I 've been thinking for about a month how to approach our super-important match and it REALLY seemed like a logical solution to me in order to beat him easily. From now on I 'm sure he is going to change the set ups he intends to use against me. I admit it, I feel a bit sorry and ashamed winning a tournament game like that, but honestly I could not resist. Sorry roeczak, I 'll make it up to you somehow.

P.S.: Indeed, you should have got the hint of my changing my profile picture to Marshal just before the game.

I see she (Jeannie) was using bronze level tactics to win a high level match...go figure... :blink:

#27 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,072 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:28 PM

By the way, this match is a proof of why you should change your style every now and then... now I don't suppose you are ever going to forget putting at least one bomb first two rows against me.

• Unladen Swallow likes this

#28 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Major

• Moderators
  • 1,072 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:28 PM

Neither am I gonna see a 3rd row spy again. :lol: :)

#29 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Captain

• Members
  • 826 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:30 PM

Yes you have to vary it up otherwise you are too predictable. One game TheO charged down with a marshal and lottoed a colonel, as I usually used to keep them in the same place. 

• TheOptician and Major Nelson like this

I used to play against a few drunken idiots in College and University. I just recently discovered this game online, playing my first matches against real-world opponents. After 100 games, I'm now one of the top 10 players in the world. 

#30 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:53 PM

bwhahahahahaaaaa

Check out my Stratego Youtube channel ! :o

#31 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,344 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:01 AM

I guess I 'll have to get by with the image of scottrussia 2... lol.

THE SPARTAN WARRIORS ARE ON THE MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Major Nelson, I hope both you and scottrussia can get your poor exclamation point keys fixed! :D

I hope just reading all those is not contagious...oh no, wait...I think...it just might!!!!!!!Oh no!!!!!Be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NO!!!!!

Whew! Thank gosh. That was like a bad sneeze. :)

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#32 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 899 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:40 AM

https://youtu.be/XhMHeHV9EOM

Chess/Stratego match against Fks :)
  • Fks likes this

#33 Fks

Fks

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,119 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:21 PM

How retarded am I 37:00 could have given my self a winning position Earlier I just glanced at seeing ur major pulled down and didn't really look rookie mistake by me. Should have just went for the clump of pieces that moved idk what I was thinking good game :) I would love to play chess with you again! I also dunno what I am doing putting gen in bomb no need to lotto any more here and I had forgotten the luit had moved. Since my flag here is hard to get I probably would have had draw depending on which pieces u hit.

#34 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:37 PM

lolsicilian

Alphazero has shown us that e4 is inferior and must be responded by e5

#35 Fks

Fks

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,119 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:43 PM

lolsicilian

Alphazero has shown us that e4 is inferior and must be responded by e5

I haven't played chess against an opponent like roeczak who's rating is 1900-2000 in a while and my peak was around 1900 but now i would put myself a lot lower. I blundered a pawn I was thinking of a variation to get it back but didn't go for it maybe i could have got it but it put my queen on a bad square for end game. And I still think I should have taken knight instead of bishop out of first glance the bishop would be a killer but the knight i think does way more damage controlling the board. and to Sicilian I vary from e5 to c5 but old habit puts me to c5. If I where to ever have a chance vs roeczak I would have to outplay opening or middle game since my end game i think got hurt the worst from my absence of chess.

Edited by Fks, 02 January 2018 - 08:46 PM.

#36 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:53 PM

My peak was at 1830-ish after an upswing but I dropped to lower 1700 quickly after. Then I discovered bridge and that I was sooo much better at that, so that was the end of chess.

#37 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 899 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:52 AM

3 commented (in English) games against Henry on Gravon :

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

• Unladen Swallow and Fks like this

#38 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 899 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:00 AM

We are back with some QA ! 

Roeczak vs FGP_  

More to come soon !

• FGP_ likes this

#39 Fks

Fks

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,119 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:04 AM

We are back with some QA ! Roeczak vs FGP_  
More to come soon !

1 hour and 17 minutes long for 3 games of Qa?
  • Major Nelson and Unladen Swallow like this

#40 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 899 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:07 AM

4* 

But yeah, pace was a little slow :)

Maybe I'm the Napoleon of QA ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users