#61 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,672 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted A week ago

Two questions, last year alternates were not eligible... it is now? We didn't check for this. For instance last year we had dutchkillers but he said this year that he didn't want to be a reserve as he would not be eligible anyway. Had we knwon this rulechange I am certain he would be in the team still.

The other thing is I think we need to have an extension as we're already halfway through the week and only half the players have even seen the tourney start as we did not have a PM or something. If I check correctly, only just 1 single game in the entire tournament has been played yet too. I think we should get a hold on all teamcaptains first so I suggest we have a 1 week extension.

Lo

#62 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,390 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted A week ago

We are giving teams until June 29 to find alternates.  We think that is fair.  Also, two alternates is an allowance, but not a requirement.  If you only have one alternate that is fine, or none at all.  

I don't really understand why we would need an extension.  Last week on Tuesday I stated in this topic that the deadline for completing first round games would be June 25.  The scheduling topics for all the games were posted last Friday night.  This gave 9 days for scheduling and playing games, when typically we have 7 days.

#63 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,672 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted A week ago

I don't really understand why we would need an extension. 

Well, we were first put on hold awaiting the start of the tourney with the OC still organizing it behind the scenes, but then didn't get a startingpoint (as in the 100 meters sprint a gun goes off and there they go) as we were not told how long this could take still. Since our teamcaptain has not responded I don't know if he's aware which also conflicts with the alternates. What if he's to be alternated for June 25 while that list (and as I said, we have none so far as that was the way it needed to be in 2016) needs to be only ready for June 29? I'd say allow for June 29 to have played all games is the most fair way? Then all players, including the alternates, have had all opportunities.

Lo

#64 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,390 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted A week ago

Lo, it looks like Tim is the only one who has not responded in the scheduling thread.  The worst case scenario is that he gets a strike for not posting availability and a strike for not showing up at the default time.  That would be two strikes for the Dutch team which is not good of course, but it takes five strikes for a team to get disqualified, so it's not a huge deal.  His games would simply be rescheduled for another week.  There are no forfeits in this tournament.  So there is no need to delay the whole tournament another week.   Alternatively, you could have another Dutch player fill in for him this week.  You would just have to name that player as an alternate in advance of the game.  

#65 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,672 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted A week ago

Yes, well, we're not going to alternate our teamcaptain ofcourse ;). And as I said, we do not have a list of alternates because last year's rules were strict about that so we didn't account for that.

Two questions, last year alternates were not eligible... it is now? We didn't check for this. For instance last year we had dutchkillers but he said this year that he didn't want to be a reserve as he would not be eligible anyway. Had we knwon this rulechange I am certain he would be in the team still.

I'll bump the PM now to see if we maybe can get someone onboard still.

The other thing is it's about 35 degrees Celsius tomorrow and this whole week it's tropical. No wonder yoyordy plays outside and doesn't engage Hielco. Can we expect the kids in this wheather to play inside for the remainder of just half a week? Probably playa1 is playing outside too, and so was I today.

Next week is rain... the whole 7 days. So it would be beautiful to have until June 29th ;).

Lo

#66 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,077 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted A week ago

Alternate for Great Belgium is leppie

#67 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted A week ago

LM won our game.

#68 Losermaker

Losermaker

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted A week ago

gg Ruben. gl with your next opponents

Edited by Losermaker, A week ago.

#69 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,672 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 6 days ago

Yes, well, we're not going to alternate our teamcaptain ofcourse ;). And as I said, we do not have a list of alternates because last year's rules were strict about that so we didn't account for that.

I'll bump the PM now to see if we maybe can get someone onboard still.

The other thing is it's about 35 degrees Celsius tomorrow and this whole week it's tropical. No wonder yoyordy plays outside and doesn't engage Hielco. Can we expect the kids in this wheather to play inside for the remainder of just half a week? Probably playa1 is playing outside too, and so was I today.

Next week is rain... the whole 7 days. So it would be beautiful to have until June 29th ;).

I did not get an answer to my appeal here but today's update is we're missing our inspirational leader and there's been no enlistment from our presumed alternates yet either. Furthermore, Hielco can't play this weekend and there's one playdate gone in vain already there.

This has all to do with the wheather I'm sure.

I suggest we wait until Monday next week and see if Hielco can have his game played then, and me too. Then if playa1 is still playing outside, I suggest I make a call to other Dutchies to fill the alternate spots (so outside the current circle). They then have from the 27th to the 29th to agree to that and if playa1 is still missing the 29th then we'll alternate. That seems the fairest thing here given the circumstances above.

Lo

#70 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,672 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 5 days ago

Update: we have a proposed alternate on the horizon awaiting approval! And two meetups in the works, the third had a no show so far but should be able to be on track as well around the same time.

Just for curiosity's sake, what happens if the OC sticks with the old and nobody shows up at the default but the three games are planned early next week?

Lo

#71 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,672 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 2 days ago

Preliminary:

1- Moghedien and 2- Morx list as our alternates.

Lo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users