#41 maxroelofs

maxroelofs

Major

• Dutch Tournament Manager
  • 1,042 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:16 PM

I don't understand it anymore, I see a lot of players from UK in the Belgium team, Greek players in the macedonia team, it's quite confusing to me..

• FGP_ likes this
To watch stratego videos: https://www.youtube....HOHXWONQMsVcOLA

#42 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Moderators
  • 2,020 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

Theo is just kidding, Max. GB = Great Britain. But he uses the letters to form Great Belgium. It's just hilarious, isn't it :D :lol: :blink:? So this is simply RAW 2016.

• Yangus likes this
Lo

#43 Wogomite

Wogomite

Scout

• NASF Committee
  • 139 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:29 PM

Read the rules and guidelines for forming teams and it will all make since.

#44 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,467 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:45 PM

Due to the delay in the start of the tournament, the Organizing Committee agrees to accept team Great Belgium into the tournament as a two-country team, as per the rules.

The Round 1 matches will be:  Dutch vs. Juniors    and   NASF vs. Great Belgium

Only one team of Greek players will be admitted into the tournament and it will have a bye in Round 1.  We will give more information about this soon.

Team captains, please submit a list of your team to Napoleon1er with each player assigned a letter A, B, C, D, or E.  This is required to determine who plays who.

#45 don mitsos

don mitsos

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:15 PM

I don't understand it anymore, I see a lot of players from UK in the Belgium team, Greek players in the macedonia team, it's quite confusing to me..

To avoid misconceptions about Macedonia you should all first be informed about the status of the situation.

Macedonia is a province of Greece (north Greece to be exact). 

Former Yogoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM and not plain Macedonia) is a country to the northern borders of Greece. The 2 countries are arguing about FYROM's name for more than 20 years.

So when you are speaking with Greek people you should know that when we are speaking of Macedonia we mean the Greek province. You should also name FYROM with its official name which is FYROM and NOT Macedonia, at least when you are speaking to Greeks.

As for the tournament good luck to the participants

• KARAISKAKIS, Napoleon 1er and Major Nelson like this

#46 despy

despy

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:45 PM

To avoid misconceptions 

Haha, I think I'm even more confused now..

Edit: To confirm my understanding.. Say I meet a beautiful woman who identifies as 'Macedonian'; Macedonia is a subset of Greece and it is acceptable to tell the woman that I love Greek women? Or should I refrain from doing so, in case her identifying as 'Macedonian' actual means that she is from FYROM?

Edited by despy, 13 June 2017 - 06:48 PM.

#47 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Sergeant

• Greek Tournament Manager
  • 324 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:06 PM

People from FYROM like to call themselves "Macedonians" (although they are not, cause Macedonia as aforementioned is a province of Greece), so this woman will probably be a citizen of FYROM. Were she a Greek, she would most probably identify herself as Greek (she would not expect a Canadian to know Macedonia) :)
Winning isn 't everything, but wanting to win is.

#48 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,467 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:27 AM

The deadline for the completion of the first round will be Sunday, June 25.  As the Greeks have a bye for the first round, this gives time for you to come to agreement as to which five players you want to represent your team.  If you would like us to help organize a play-off between team Greece and team Macedonia let us know.  Or you may decide to make a unified team.

If no agreement has been reached on a list of five players by Friday, June 23 at 20:00 GMT, then a coin flip will determine which of the two teams is admitted into the tournaments.

Here is how the coin flip will work:  At the close of trading on Friday, June 23 at 20:00 GMT, if the hundredths digit of the Dow Jones Industrial Average (U.S. stock market) is an even number, then team Greece will be admitted, and if it is an odd number than team Macedonia will be admitted.  This is essentially a random 50/50 event that can be verified by anyone in the world.

However, the committee hopes that a coin flip scenario can be avoided and that the Greek players will come together and put forth an agreed upon team of their own choosing.

• Aris1970 likes this

#49 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Moderators
  • 2,042 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:50 AM

Due to the delay in the start of the tournament, the Organizing Committee agrees to accept team Great Belgium into the tournament as a two-country team, as per the rules.

The Round 1 matches will be:  Dutch vs. Juniors    and   NASF vs. Great Belgium

Only one team of Greek players will be admitted into the tournament and it will have a bye in Round 1.  We will give more information about this soon.

Team captains, please submit a list of your team to Napoleon1er with each player assigned a letter A, B, C, D, or E.  This is required to determine who plays who.

It is now 09:50 gmt on wednesday july 14 and i received only 3 out of 5 teams

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#50 Losermaker

Losermaker

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:15 AM

It is now 09:50 gmt on wednesday july 14

Cool! Which planet are you on?

:)

Edited by Losermaker, 14 June 2017 - 11:16 AM.

#51 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Moderators
  • 2,020 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:21 AM

Which planet are you on?

I was thinking the exact same thing ;)

It must be the Swiss particle accellerator they've got running in Geneva speeding time as well in the spacetimecontinuum though.

• Losermaker likes this
Lo

#52 Aris1970

Aris1970

Major

• 1,486 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:49 PM

The deadline for the completion of the first round will be Sunday, June 25.  As the Greeks have a bye for the first round, this gives time for you to come to agreement as to which five players you want to represent your team.  If you would like us to help organize a play-off between team Greece and team Macedonia let us know.  Or you may decide to make a unified team.

If no agreement has been reached on a list of five players by Friday, June 23 at 20:00 GMT, then a coin flip will determine which of the two teams is admitted into the tournaments.

Here is how the coin flip will work:  At the close of trading on Friday, June 23 at 20:00 GMT, if the hundredths digit of the Dow Jones Industrial Average (U.S. stock market) is an even number, then team Greece will be admitted, and if it is an odd number than team Macedonia will be admitted.  This is essentially a random 50/50 event that can be verified by anyone in the world.

However, the committee hopes that a coin flip scenario can be avoided and that the Greek players will come together and put forth an agreed upon team of their own choosing.

We have suggested it to our friends :)

N. Greek Team   vs.   S. Greek Team

Aris1970

spartakus66

John.K1980

gorgsari

zoografos

vs.

OverLord_98

roeczak

Henry domerkant

Major Nelson

ΚARAISKAKIS

#53 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,467 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:32 PM

Okay, would you like the tournament committee to be in charge of the play-off, or are you going to handle this among yourselves?

#54 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Sergeant

• 324 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:44 PM

Honestly, I don t think there is any chance at all we are going to make it. Most members from the Macedonia team do not even enter the forum, while we cannot agree on whether to run play offs between the 2 teams or according to the ELO rating. Personally, I beg you to be in charge of the play-offs.

Winning isn 't everything, but wanting to win is.

#55 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,291 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:15 PM

I'm out of this parody! This is final.

I explained to wogomite the reasons.

#56 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Moderators
  • 2,042 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:35 PM

I'm pleased to publish here the list of the 5 teams five the numbering of their players as communicated to me by each team captain:

Dutch team:

A playa1
B Don_Homer
C Hielco
D maxroelofs
E Lonello

Junior team:

A: Yellowhat
B: Losermaker
C: yoyordy
D: Master Mind
E: hondjekapitein

NASF team:

A texaspete09
B despy
C Wogomite
D The Prof
E Josephwhite

Great Belgium team:

A Unladen Swallow
B Yangus
C TheOptician
D MasterYoda
E Toberymoryx

Greek team:

A = OverLord_98
B = Pasxalistz
C = roeczak
D = Major Nelson
E = Henry domerkant

wish you all a lot of fun

Napoleon 1er

• texaspete09, Yangus and Major Nelson like this

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#57 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,467 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:26 PM

I was the first alternate, filling in for constrictor.  We had feared he may not be available for this tournament, but it turns out he can play after all.  So I'm happy to have him take over the D spot for NASF.

The NASF has our team:

Wogomite, constrictor, despy, josephwhite, and texaspete09

#58 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,291 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:33 AM

C7VdYcp.jpg?2

Greek online national team 2017  (missing in this photo pasxalistz)

From left to right :  Henry domerkant ,  OverLord_98 ,  roeczak , Major Nelson

Good luck Greece!!!

• Lonello, dalee, OverLord_98 and 1 other like this

#59 despy

despy

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:18 PM

C7VdYcp.jpg?2

Greek online national team 2017  (missing in this photo pasxalistz)

From left to right :  Henry domerkant ,  OverLord_98 ,  roeczak , Major Nelson

Good luck Greece!!!

Nice to see such camaraderie!

Hopefully you won't all be sitting together when we play our games :D

• Lonello and Major Nelson like this

#60 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,467 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:01 AM

Better late than never.  Complete rules for this tournament are now posted here:  http://forum.strateg...urnament-rules/

The first section of the rules deals with alternates.  Please read and post your team's alternates here by June 29.

The alternates for NASF are The Prof and steelers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users