njphillips12

Miner

• NASF Committee
  • 217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:04 AM

2017 World Team Tournament Announcement

The North American Stratego Federation (“NASF”) is proud to host the 2017 World Team Tournament.

The tournament will begin on Monday, June 12. Registration will be open through June 10 at 23:59 GMT.

To register, country and federation coordinators can reply to this thread identifying your country/federation and your team members.

Team Formation

All of teams must have exactly five players.

Any player can express interest in playing, however, teams must be one of the following three types:

Type 1. Five players from the same country or federation

Type 2. Three players from one country and two players from another country.

Type 3. Five players from five different countries (only one such team is allowed)

No country or federation can have players on more than one team.

Players interested in competing on behalf of the Type 3 “World Team” (see below) may reply to this thread expressing their interest in playing on behalf of the World Team, and identifying their country of citizenship. Eligibility and method of qualification for the World Team will be determined by the NASF based on the number of interested players. 

Any group of five players that meet the criteria for one of the three types of teams and agree to play together may form a team. However, if players cannot come to a consensus on their own we will assist them in trying to put together teams so that those who want to participate can do so.

Team Captains:

Each team must select a team captain. The team captain for each team will be chosen by each team by consensus. If there is disagreement, the captain will be the player with the highest ELO (in the case of a type 1 or type 3 team) or the player with the highest ELO from the country with the larger number of players on the team (for a type 2 team).

Format and Matches:

Each team will play each other team in a round robin.

Matches will consist of 5 games between two teams. Prior to each match, each Team Captain will submit by PM to a neutral party a list of members with letter designations for each player (A, B, C, D, and E). In each match, player A from one team will compete against player A from the other, player B will play against player B, and so on. These lists will be made public after every team captain has submitted their list.

The winner of each game will receive one (1) point for their team.

The loser of each game, will receive zero (0) points for their team.

If a game ends in a tie, each player will receive one half (0.5) point for their team.

The two teams with the most points at the conclusion of the round robin will advance to the championship round.

Tiebreak procedures:

If two teams are tied in points at the conclusion of the round robin, the tie will be settled by a one game playoff. The team captain will designate the player from each player to complete in the playoff.

Championship Round:

The championship round will last two weeks. The team will less points during round robin play will choose all the matchups in the first week, and the team with more points during round robin play will decide the matchups in the second week, with the requirement that there be no matches between the same players who competed in the first week.

When one team reaches 5.5 points or more, they are the winners.  If the championship match ends 5 to 5, then the team with more points from the round-robin phase is the winner.  If this was a tie then each team chooses a player to compete in a final tie-breaking match.  If it is a draw then a second player is chosen to play another match.

Questions:

A separate thread will be created for questions.

• Don_Homer, Losermaker and IOLAUS1926 like this
- N

#2 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,467 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:50 PM

The NASF has our team:

Wogomite, constrictor, despy, josephwhite, and texaspete09

We've been informed that the Greek Federation will not be putting forth a list of players to be on their team, so any Greek player who wants to play may sign up in this topic and we'll help facilitate putting your team together.

We await the response of the Dutch Federation to find out who will be playing for their side.

Anyone from any other country who wants to play should sign up here so we can form teams accordingly.  You may be part of a two-country team, or the World Team if you are the only player from your country.    

#3 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,291 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:51 PM

Ι am available to play in teams of type 2 and 3 . I am also available for type 1 but only in case  there are 4  Greek players at the end of sign up period  and it is needed a 5th member to create a  seperate team .

#4 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,467 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:12 PM

Where are the sign-ups for this tournament?   I thought after last year's successful World Team Tournament that the Federations would be looking toward this with anticipation.  Don't the Greeks want to defend their title?  Don't the Dutch want to reassert their dominance?  Where are the great individual players who could make up a formidable world team?

• Don_Homer, Losermaker and Major Nelson like this

#5 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:12 PM

Hello,

My name is Ruben (ruben87 from gravon) and I like to participate in this event if possible :).

• Losermaker, Master Mind, Yellowhat and 1 other like this

#6 Master Mind

Master Mind

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 934 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:14 PM

I'm willing to join the Dutch Team as well.

Great you can join Ruben!

• Don_Homer likes this
First Dutch Champion Juniors 2015

#7 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:17 PM

Hello,

My name is Ruben (ruben87 from gravon) and I like to participate in this event if possible :).

Hi Ruben... I'm sevenseas. I remember you telling me you had a secret stratego.com account ;) Was curious who you could have been...

• Don_Homer likes this

#8 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:20 PM

Yes I didnt planned to reveal myself at that point :). But this is a nice tournament to begin with and there are players needed.... MM, hope we can join teams again ;).

• Master Mind likes this

#9 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,291 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:28 PM

Yes I didnt planned to reveal myself at that point :). But this is a nice tournament to begin with and there are players needed.... MM, hope we can join teams again ;).

Hi Ruben :)  Nice to see you in stratego.com. and welcome to tournaments. This  event will be a nice preparation for Marmari . Hope to see you there like every August  :)

Greg

• Don_Homer likes this

#10 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Moderators
  • 2,042 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:14 PM

where is sign up? anybody for ROW team?

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#11 Wogomite

Wogomite

Scout

• NASF Committee
  • 139 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:20 PM

Napoleon, you are at the right place for sign up.

Could everyone who signs up here please put what country you are from. 

#12 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Moderators
  • 2,020 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:22 PM

This is great! I'll add you to the reserves list. We've got a lot of players though. As it is, I do hope we'll have our Dutch "motorblok" to play again. This is pretty much the list Wogomite mentioned yesterday.

But the second proposal of TheOptician seems great too, and that was to have a Juniorsteam play. Our prodigies. Is that plan eligible, Wogomite? Seems the perfect team for MM as teamcaptain :)!

Anyway, I'll add you to the emailstring next.

• Don_Homer likes this
Lo

#13 Wogomite

Wogomite

Scout

• NASF Committee
  • 139 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:55 AM

But the second proposal of TheOptician seems great too, and that was to have a Juniorsteam play. Our prodigies. Is that plan eligible, Wogomite? Seems the perfect team for MM as teamcaptain :)!

The Committee has been discussing the idea of having a playoffs for a country that wants to submit two separate teams. Of course we cannot allow two teams from the same country to join for obvious reasons but it would be exciting to see team dutch motorblok and team dutch prodigy play in a pre-season playoff. Let the fights begin!!

• Don_Homer likes this

#14 Losermaker

Losermaker

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:30 AM

@Don_Homer, Hey Ruben, Good to see you here as gravon seems to have died off a lot recently.

--

I am thinking about joining, but looks like it is going to be hard to get into any team, being from Aus.

Edited by Losermaker, 05 June 2017 - 09:10 AM.

• Don_Homer likes this

#15 despy

despy

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:37 AM

@Don_Homer, Hey Ruben, Good to see you here as gravon seems to have died off a lot recently.

--

I am thinking about joining, but looks like it is going to be hard to get into any team.

Just need to get Sohal, Monje, Napoleon, maybe a Belgian

#16 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Moderators
  • 2,020 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:16 AM

May one enlist others too? Then I list the following teams, inspired by

Today two epic battles were fought. Germany was represented by Grizzlybear, England by Unladen Swallow

Subscription for the English team:

Unladen Swallow

tobermoryx

TheOptician

iron maiden

Silver Fox

Teamleader: ace72

Res.: DEATHHAMMER

And the German team (or anyone speaking German):

Grizzlybear

Spaher

MrSmith

Napoleon 1er

Barbe Noir

Teamleader: astros

Res.: SHOOGHIE

* SHOOGHIE is Dutch but living in Austria so he may be just as eligible to play this German language team as Africa's Joseph is for NASF. Otherwise take panther65 or have your pick, there are A LOT of good German players!

Lo

#17 despy

despy

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:58 PM

* SHOOGHIE is Dutch but living in Austria so he may be just as eligible to play this German language team as Africa's Joseph is for NASF. Otherwise take panther65 or have your pick, there are A LOT of good German players!

Lol, I don't think it's by language - Joe is still an American citizen afaik -

#18 MasterYoda

MasterYoda

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:06 PM

I am interested to play with an international team!? (Belgium)

Edited by MasterYoda, 03 June 2017 - 04:45 PM.

• Napoleon 1er and Wogomite like this

No! No different. Only different in your mind. You must unlearn what you have learned

#19 Wogomite

Wogomite

Scout

• NASF Committee
  • 139 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:39 PM

Again, when you show interest, could you please say what country you are from. If you have shown interest and not mentioned what country you are from, could you please do so. Even if you think your nationality is common knowledge, don't assume so. At the end of sign ups, the committee will not be able to place you on an appropriate team if we are unaware of your residents. Your flying flag is not always accurate.

#20 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,467 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:23 PM

Also, if you have any questions about the tournament, please ask them in the following topic:  http://forum.strateg...ment-questions/

Please continue to use this topic for sign-ups.  Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users