#42 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,794 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:06 PM

Thanks. It depends on the circumstances - TC would make that decision once they have the facts.

#43 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,794 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:47 PM

Moved from another thread:

What about mrbrainiac, is he qualified or is he playoff?
Then the rules say that top 2 players of the 3 majors have automatic promotion to Apex next year. If i calculate well this means there is theoretically (even if highly unlikely) 6 players who are neither part of the 9 qualified nor of the 4-5 on the playoff list that could get automatic promotion to apex. For example if
Hello124 and major nelson finish 1st and 2nd in wco, theoptician and roeczak finish 1st and 2nd in winter tournament and queenbee and garyshelton finish 1st and 2nd in championsleague ... how would TC allocate the positions to apex knowing that 9+ 6 = 15 people will be qualified?

Theoretically if WCO 2017, Winter 2018 and Champions League 2018 yielded 6 new players for Apex then Apex would indeed increase to 15 players.

What is more likely is that the other 3 tournaments yield a very small number of positions.

If they were to yield only 2 new players for example then we have 11 promised places in Apex, and the 12th spot would be contested by mrbrainiac, Napoleon1er and texaspete09.

How has WCO replaced a TC tournament?

Basically your saying we are down to one elimination tournament a year?

If so, you've lost a participant.  And I find this whole 2 year maneuvering to accommodate WCO to be totally disingenuous.

TC does have plans to run more tournaments in 2018 than just WinterTourn, Champions League and Pyramid.  - This schedule is still being finalised. 

#44 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:05 PM

I wonder if the starting date is chosen already? Also I request a fixed schedule instead of planning games complete freely. In my experience a lot of players wait for the last weeks to play their game (as discussed before).

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#45 Fks

Fks

Lieutenant

• NASF Committee
  • 688 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:31 PM

I wonder if the starting date is chosen already? Also I request a fixed schedule instead of planning games complete freely. In my experience a lot of players wait for the last weeks to play their game (as discussed before).

Pyramid League 2018 (July 9 – October 22)
  • Don_Homer likes this
Proud Committee Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#46 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,794 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:59 PM

Also I request a fixed schedule instead of planning games complete freely. In my experience a lot of players wait for the last weeks to play their game (as discussed before).

TC will take a more involved approach to fixturing games that will still accommodate player absences such as holidays. But for example, player x won't be able to avoid playing player y purely because he or she would prefer to play that particular opponent at a later time.
  • Don_Homer likes this

#47 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 758 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:06 PM

As always great decision from TC!
  • Don_Homer likes this
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#48 fighter68

fighter68

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:20 PM

where can i check in in Pyramd-league??

Edited by fighter68, 13 March 2018 - 04:21 PM.

#49 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,794 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:46 PM

where can i check in in Pyramd-league??

It isn't open yet as it starts later this year on July 9. Registration usually opens 2-4 weeks before.

The next tournament is Champions League which begins April 9. Registration for this tournament will be open shortly.

#50 fighter68

fighter68

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:12 PM

thx for answer greets fighter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users