#1 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,065 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:17 PM

If you have a question about the Pyramid League 2017 (which will run from July 2 to October 23) please ask here and a member of TC will get back to you.

#2 Master Mind

Master Mind

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 868 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:02 AM

Why doesn't the Master Divisions 2017 count for this Pyramid League while the upcoming Champions League does count?

First Dutch Champion Juniors 2015

#3 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,065 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:32 PM

Masters Divisions do count.

#4 Master Mind

Master Mind

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 868 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:05 PM

All right, but then you should state Master Divisions 2017 instead of 2016.
First Dutch Champion Juniors 2015

#5 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,065 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:50 AM

It is referred to as Masters 2016 because the qualifying tournaments refer to 2016 (even though it actually took place in 2017). Perhaps it should be 2016/17.

#6 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:36 AM

I'm seeing Kernel Mustard in the top of your Pyramid here http://forum.strateg...-2017/?p=432011.

Why does TC invite this member who's currently (for lack of a better word) living a selfban? Is TC fine with participants who do not accept our forumrules? And will TC then do all his tourneyposting on his behalf?

Lo

#7 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,868 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:04 PM

No mystery here. TC correctly liaised with MT before the tournament in order to check the ban status of KM and as KM is not banned TC had no reasons to not accept him. Very simple.

• --Wogomite-- likes this

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#8 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,065 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:24 AM

That is correct. Kernel Mustard is invited to this tournament - however he cannot currently use the messaging system so we have been unable to send him a PM.

Kernel Mustard - if you see this message please make space in your inbox and let either myself or steelers know.

Thanks

#9 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:37 AM

There are indeed no mysteries at all. We filled TC in thouroughly about the situation the account is in and they know all about it. Last TC-summary was: "he can post on private messages as a warning point does not stop him from doing that, but he has to 'accept' the site rules to post on the forum. That goes against his conscience."

That's why I in the hopes of getting an answer ask these very simple questions, after being deferred by TC here to ask them:

Why does TC invite this member who's currently (for lack of a better word) living a selfban?
Is TC fine with participants who do not accept our forumrules?
And will TC then do all his tourneyposting on his behalf?

Lo

#10 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:35 AM

TC correctly liaised with MT before the tournament in order to check the ban status of KM and as KM is not banned TC had no reasons to not accept him. Very simple.

That is correct. Kernel Mustard is invited to this tournament - however he cannot currently use the messaging system so we have been unable to send him a PM.

Kernel Mustard - if you see this message please make space in your inbox and let either myself or steelers know.

Thanks

If he is not banned then what is the issue? It's Kernal Mustards choice, simple as that? Why would TC take that choice away from him? Don't you think there would be a bigger issue at hand if he was not accepted for the reasons you are asking Lonello? Just let it be. 

#11 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:36 PM

I completely agree with your questions there too, Wogomite. Perfectly valid questions so let's have TC answer those too. I myself had already told TC days ago that either way they went was perfectly fine with me, as long as we know their position.

And I know where you are coming from within NASF. We're fully briefed about everything coming from all sides of the community. And a big part of it feels this needs to be addressed.

So there's nothing wrong with asking these simple questions. That's where this thread is for, isn't it? Gotta go now.... so let's simply await TC's answers.

Lo

#12 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,065 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:39 PM

>Why does TC invite this member who's currently (for lack of a better word) living a selfban?

Kernel Mustard has qualified, but in order to accept the invitation he will need to use the forum - so if it is the case that he is enjoying a self-ban he will need to end his self-ban to respond

>Is TC fine with participants who do not accept our forumrules?

He will need to abide by tournament rules which includes a forum policy. The rules have not been published yet but we can expect that section to remain unchanged. Historic offences are not expected to prevent KM from playing, but any new breaches of rules will be considered as normal. If he is free to post in the forum (ie not banned by MT) then he will be able to play

>And will TC then do all his tourneyposting on his behalf?

No we won't do any posting on his behalf

---

Hope this covers your questions - let me know if not

#13 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,383 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:36 PM

Why was the 2014 Autumn Tournament not included in the list of qualifying tournaments?  That was my best finish, tied for 5th!

• Lonello likes this

#14 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,065 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:37 PM

Why was the 2014 Autumn Tournament not included in the list of qualifying tournaments?  That was my best finish, tied for 5th!

The Main Factor was it being Single-Elimination.

• The Prof likes this

#15 Henry domerkant

Henry domerkant

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:24 AM

Will the pyramid leauge be availabe for everyone or just for top players?

#16 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,065 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:36 AM

Yes - The Pyramid League will be open to everyone.

However only selected players (based on historic performance) are invited to Apex and Core (the top two tiers).

Everyone else, including new players will be able to join Base (Third Tier).

More information will be published as details are finalised.

#17 roeczak

roeczak

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:22 PM

Hi

I am guessing the Max ELO needed to qualify for Core is a long way up from 800, right?

Highest rating : 838 (Platinum Major)

#18 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,065 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:04 PM

ELO doesn't feature in qualification - however if there are places remaining in Core then TC will run a play-off (see recent post in 'Constructing the Pyramid League). Players with exceptionally high ELO may be invited to join a play-off.

#19 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,868 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 4 weeks ago

how many people who are currently in apex 2017 will get automatically qualified for apex 2018, i mean from the 12 initial apex players how many will get qualified whatever happens and how many will have to leave their place to core top players? reversely how many core players 2017 will automatically qualify for apex 2018?

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#20 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,065 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 4 weeks ago

The Top 7 of Apex will definitely keep their place.

Players 8th to 10th in Apex are possibly relegated or possibly involved in an Apex Play-Off with the runners up of Core and the runners up of the 3 Majors - WCO 2017, WinterTourn 2017/18 and Champions League 2018.

Players 11th to 12th in Apex are definitely relegated (unless they over-ride their relegation by either winning one of the Three Majors, or by coming runner-up in one of the Three Majors and progressing through the Apex Play-Off)

The winner of each Core Division will definitely get promoted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users