#61 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 721 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:01 AM

A way to ensure that players would not have to wait so long at the top would be , on the 1st day of every month , to reset all accounts to 100 .

So every month there would be a new ELO Championship here ( the previous end of months top 100 list could be stored on the leaderboard section)

That way top players would need to be play at least 70 or so ranked games if they wished to get near the top each month.

It would also largely eliminate the alias problem as not many players would make the effort to get 4 or 5 accounts near the top in 1 month.

#62 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,154 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:22 AM

The problem is if everyone was 100 you would likely only play beginners.

#63 Nortrom

Nortrom

Lieutenant

• WC Online Team
  • 748 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:47 AM

A way to ensure that players would not have to wait so long at the top would be , on the 1st day of every month , to reset all accounts to 100 .

So every month there would be a new ELO Championship here ( the previous end of months top 100 list could be stored on the leaderboard section)

That way top players would need to be play at least 70 or so ranked games if they wished to get near the top each month.

It would also largely eliminate the alias problem as not many players would make the effort to get 4 or 5 accounts near the top in 1 month.

It would actually promote more alias accounts, might aswell pick a new, unknown name, every month.
"Rock is overpowered, paper is fine" - scissors

#64 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,220 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:55 AM

I like very much this idea!  And at the end of the year we will publish a diary with '' hot players of the month''  :P https://www.google.g...495176036258602

#65 Henry domerkant

Henry domerkant

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:43 AM

Yes but some players may have more time to play than others
As for me i am struggling on elo this period trying to reach platinum again but i dont understand why i meet silver or even bronze players so often
There arent other 600-700 players to play?

Edited by Henry domerkant, 18 May 2017 - 08:44 AM.

• Major Nelson likes this

#66 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 721 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:47 PM

The problem is if everyone was 100 you would likely only play beginners.

Initially yes , but games versus players below 300 are usually short duration.

It would actually promote more alias accounts, might aswell pick a new, unknown name, every month. 

I think most of the top players like to play on an account they are known to other top players . I think only 2 or 3 of the best 30 players are constantly creating alias accounts.

While most of the leading players have created aliases in the past they seem to be dormant accounts.

I think the players who create a new account each month typically get no higher than 850 ELO and it would take them most of a month to get that high.

#67 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 721 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:08 PM

i dont understand why i meet silver or even bronze players so often
There arent other 600-700 players to play?

For every account you see in the leaderboards at that level there are 3 alias accounts . So with 1,000 accounts between ELO 600 and 700 there are likely 250 - at most  - players .

#68 Dobby125

Dobby125

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:32 PM

Monthly ELO races sounds interesting.   That would encourage players to play more.   I always wanted a "reset" button so you could start your record over and go back to the 100 level. It would be great if the programmers could keep records of your highest ELO and total overall record after the resets.  Resetting monthly might be too quick though.  I'd have to think about it.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users