#1 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,070 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:22 PM

If you have a question of any kind regarding the Champions League 2017 please ask it here and a member of TC (astros/steelers/Mr. Smith/TheOptician) will get back to you.

#2 The Prof

The Prof

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,386 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:26 AM

Will participation or performance in this tournament affect one's position in the upcoming Pyramid League?

#3 scottrussia

scottrussia

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:19 AM

I'd like to know why another champions league is being played now instead of a single or double elimination tournament?

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!

#4 scottrussia

scottrussia

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:45 AM

Why in the world is there an " alias registry " that then asks for personal information??????

This is nonsense.  And I strenuously object to the idea of sharing personal information publicly.  In fact I won't share personal information publicly.  Not everyone is living in countries with the rule of law as we know it in the west. 

It seems to me this is a never ending bunch of nonsense.  If I'm willing to go to extremes to create fake accounts and keep track of all the tournament's players setups then I assume I'm also willing to figure out how to make it appear my computer is in whatever country I falsely claim to live in.  Then what?  Fingerprinting?  Copies of passports?  Note from the 1st grade teacher?

Want people to produce all their user names - great - but the rest of it is misplaced.

​Spartan Warriors

#5 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,070 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:08 AM

I'm sorry you feel that publishing your country and nationality is an invasion of privacy.

TC will contact you privately.

#6 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,070 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:12 AM

Will participation or performance in this tournament affect one's position in the upcoming Pyramid League?

Please see the recently published thread in the Pyramid League Forum.

As a guideline, players who have a Top 2 finish in previous eligible tournaments might expect to be in Apex and players with a Top 7 finish might expect to be in Core.

Anyone else can expect to be in Base.

Champions League 2017 is an eligible qualifying tournament, so good performance in this tournament may earn qualification to a certain Pyramid Division.

#7 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,070 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:44 PM

I'd like to know why another champions league is being played now instead of a single or double elimination tournament?

So far TC has published details of the Champions League and Pyramid, but there are more to come.

Elimination tournaments will continue to be featured.

#8 scottrussia

scottrussia

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:50 AM

Is there going to be betting?

If so I think odds should be published for getting out of group stage BEFORE groups are known!

They could be changed after groups are known for those less daring.

• Unladen Swallow likes this

​Spartan Warriors

#9 Luckypapa

Luckypapa

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:17 PM

At close of registration my max ELO was 635. According to the rules I think I belong in another group.

Lucky

The secret of happiness is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you should do.

#10 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:28 PM

Scott's max ELO is somewhere in the high 500s or low 600s. A lot higher than 132 I'm sure. He moves up and down. 

Edited by Unladen Swallow, 23 April 2017 - 01:30 PM.

#11 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,070 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

Scott's max ELO is somewhere in the high 500s or low 600s. A lot higher than 132 I'm sure. He moves up and down. 

Clearly scottrussia has much higher ability than 132 - but he does not feature on the Clean Ranking so there is no Max ELO to use.

At close of registration my max ELO was 635. According to the rules I think I belong in another group.

Lucky

Luckypapa - Do you have any idea when/what time you went to 635? ( I assume it was a relatively last minute move?)

#12 Luckypapa

Luckypapa

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:47 PM

Yesterday around 19:30 GMT. If it is a problem to reschedule, no problem for me.

Lucky

The secret of happiness is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you should do.

#13 Luckypapa

Luckypapa

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:59 PM

In 2014 scottrussia had a max ELO of 608.

#14 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,070 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:20 PM

Well I have to apologise on two counts:

Not going back to check the Clean Ranking for scottrussia's previously posted Max ELO

and

Failing to spot the change in ELO for Luckypapa.

Thank you Lucky for being gracious enough to accept the draw as it is (as a re-draw would cause at least half the participants to be unhappy).

#15 Luckypapa

Luckypapa

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:37 PM

No need to apologise TheO. I enjoy your tournaments and where people are doing a lot of work, they allways make some little mistakes ;-))

Lucky
  • Lonello and TheOptician like this

#16 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,870 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:41 PM

Yesterday around 19:30 GMT. If it is a problem to reschedule, no problem for me.

Lucky

max ELO is not updated immediately but something like 3-4 times a week

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#17 scottrussia

scottrussia

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:36 PM

Spartan Warrior Ranking of 1,000,00+

No apology needed on ELO - just a bad 1970's rock band.  As long as I'm in a group I don't care as we will be settling things on the battlefield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• TheOptician likes this

​Spartan Warriors

#18 don mitsos

don mitsos

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:41 PM

Are the players required to make a post on "Alias Register" thread declaring their alternate accounts? I think some of the participants haven't done so but they are still included in the draw. Can you please explain this? 

#19 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,070 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:43 PM

Two players have yet to complete the Alias Register (they have been given a small extension to comply or they will not be able to participate)

Also remember that players do not need to declare all accounts - as requiring that customer care delete aliases is an alternative option.

#20 don mitsos

don mitsos

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:07 PM

OK, i trust they won't start playing before they post their alternates. 

What about the people who have not answered properly (for example MONJE answered with a +). Do you consider they can participate?

Also remember that players do not need to declare all accounts - as requiring that customer care delete aliases is an alternative option.

I have read the rules but i don't understand why they are not obliged to report them. To me this seems like they want to have an advantage for one last tournament.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users