#1 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,084 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:01 AM

The sign up is buried in the Tournament section. I just added details.

Edited by queenbee1, 20 March 2017 - 01:26 AM.

• maxroelofs likes this

#2 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,973 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:13 AM

Can't find it, what's the link?

And you need to offer some Off Topic stuff about your tournament otherwise ofcourse you can't post it here. So what is Off Topic about it? Does for instance Toby participate in it?

Lo

#3 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,084 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:35 AM

Lo does no one have the power to put it were it belongs in the main tournament section?

http://forum.strateg...s-invitational/

I think I am ready to run a tournament with a little help from my friends. This time there will be awards better than any you have seen in the past. Details to follow. If you are interested ISF rules will be enforced. Signing up will not guarantee an invitation, but it is unlikely I will deny you to play. Award details are listed below. They will be given to the highest finishers in both gold and platinum levels. If you are interested in participating put your name in this topic. No need for your time zones as all play will be based on GMT. I will have a team of three overseeing the selection process. If asked you must provide proof of who you are. Sign up will be open until Saturday April 1 and that is no fool's joke. A list of players will be posted on Sunday April second and everyone will play everyone. 

This will be a chance for those who have played in the past, but stopped because they saw no point to play in tournaments with nothing to gain. I am trying to figure out a way to have live broadcast of the finals and still maintain the competitor's setup privacy. More details to follow and here they are:

I think a Round Robin cannot be done do we will try something else. There will be 6 points awarded for each win and 2 points for a loss. If it is a draw both players get 4 points. The players will be given from Monday to Sunday to schedule a match. My committee will make the final decision if there is a conflict and our decision is final. My recommendation is to record all your matches. If a player fails to make his match on time (and I mean "on time" and not 10-15 minutes late) he is forfeit and still gets 2 points, but no one is disqualified. Once a match is set, the only way it can be changed is if both players contact me in advance and agree to reschedule. No last minute emergencies.

Trophies or Medals will be awarded with Stratego logos that have been provided to me and your name as well as the place you finish in the medal division. These will be nice awards and this is just a representation. I haven't made a decision of the final design yet. They will be approximately 10-12" tall and they will all be the same size for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in both Platinum and Gold levels. Bronze and Silver players will have to step up their game and play for the gold, but you will can still win the platinum level. Stranger things have happened. All this is coming out of my pocket "For the love of the Game" and the players without whom this is not possible. There is no entry fees or cost to the players.

All I ask is that you commit to playing this thing to its conclusion even when you are not able to win. As an incentive I will be offering random drawings of eight 25.00 gift certificates just for finishing that you can spend on Amazon.com. If you quit, you are not eligible. All players who complete in the tournament and did not win an award (trophy) will be eligible for the drawings and one lucky player will receive a 100.00 gift certificate.

I reserve the right to cancel event this due to lack of participation. Minimum participation will be 32 players.

Edited by queenbee1, 20 March 2017 - 06:27 PM.

#4 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,348 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:53 AM

Queenbee,

You mention a round robin format and a minimum number of 32 players. Does this mean a 31 week tournament or am I missing something?

#5 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,973 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:50 AM

Lo does no one have the power to put it were it belongs in the main tournament section?

Yessss... THAT's the Off Topic I sought :)!

Yes there are allmighty beings here on the site indeed! Very much so! You just have to clap and we come to your rescue. But you're a lady who doesn't seem in distress I take it, since you never asked any of the Allmighty. Maybe you don't want to be rescued by shiny armor. I've never seen you ask help from scottrussia's army either. Queenbee takes care of herself. That's why you are a Queen, is how I see it?

Lo

#6 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,084 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:07 PM

The queen does not beg. A knight would offer this to please his queen,

#7 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,084 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:09 PM

Queenbee,

You mention a round robin format and a minimum number of 32 players. Does this mean a 31 week tournament or am I missing something?

Theo that can't be done. I will come up with another format with my committee. I just wanted to put out the awards and some details.

#8 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,355 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:49 PM

queenbee1, if you want to "throw a tournament", that's an illegal deal if you've got a lot of money bet on yourself. :)

Seriously, this tournament of yours needs a name and then we can move the topic to the Other Tournaments section of the forum. I suggest you get a separate questions topic going from the basic rules and sign-ups one. Since you won't have anyone with Moderator powers on your Tournament, either myself or Lonello could be glad to help. Sometimes posts need to be hidden or moved. Bad comments or misplaced questions, primarily.

We could also pin your main and questions topics as well.
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#9 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,973 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:55 AM

Well, as long as this is a story about knights (Gary) and ladies in distress (Queenbee) then this topic can stay here. Bit of advertizement to the side won't hurt. But there does need to be more armor on the posts to make this an exciting story, otherwise it really is dislocated.

Lo

#10 queenbee1

queenbee1

Major

• Tournament Manager
  • 1,084 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

queenbee1, if you want to "throw a tournament", that's an illegal deal if you've got a lot of money bet on yourself. :)

Seriously, this tournament of yours needs a name and then we can move the topic to the Other Tournaments section of the forum. I suggest you get a separate questions topic going from the basic rules and sign-ups one. Since you won't have anyone with Moderator powers on your Tournament, either myself or Lonello could be glad to help. Sometimes posts need to be hidden or moved. Bad comments or misplaced questions, primarily.

We could also pin your main and questions topics as well.

Gary I gave it a good name can we move it up now? I'd like to add subtopic for questions and results. Thanks for offering the help as I cannot do that and would need your assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users