Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:53 PM

Hi everyone!

Just to let you all know,I'm aiming to do lots of live streams throughout the night, tonight and tomorrow  (Mon & Tue,)whilst at my office (if everything is calm and quiet as usual).

At random times, between Midnight GMT - 5am GMT. 

I really appreciate all of your support and interaction,so I hope to see lots of you there.

kind regards.

#102 groundbob

groundbob

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:07 PM

Hi everyone,

There should be some live streams throughout the night tonight. Random times between 9pm GMT- 5am GMT.

Hope to see you all joining me and looking forward to communicating in the chat.

Thanks,kind regards.

• Unladen Swallow and Fks like this

#103 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 15 December 2018 - 07:11 PM

Bob is nowhere to be found. I and others hope he is well though. I appropriated this thread because it is relevant and did not want to derail other players threads that are still being used to post videos. I noticed this newer player was posting on YouTube and figured I would share. I have not seen any of the videos yet ! I think they have at least  15 videos up. Give them a shot.They are a Silver ranked player if you were wondering.

Antsi Stratego

https://www.youtube....h?v=ncCa6Udd0PM

#104 Dobby125

Dobby125

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 15 December 2018 - 07:56 PM

Bob is nowhere to be found. I and others hope he is well though. I appropriated this thread because it is relevant and did not want to derail other players threads that are still being used to post videos. I noticed this newer player was posting on YouTube and figured I would share. I have not seen any of the videos yet ! I think they have at least  15 videos up. Give them a shot.They are a Silver ranked player if you were wondering.

Antsi Stratego

https://www.youtube....h?v=ncCa6Udd0PM

I watched some of his games.  His setup is interesting.  He likes to bluff a lot when he plays.  Sometimes he plays like Stratego Bob, because sometimes I can't figure out what he's trying to do.  :)  He gets into trouble a lot, just like Bob.  But he escapes a lot, just like Bob.  He loves bluffing his spy a lot, just like Bob.  He confuses me and I'm sure his opponents are confused as well.  I think he takes too many chances with all his bluffs though.  Probably shouldn't bluff too much against Bronze and Silver players. 

I advised him to lower his bombs and flag 1 level down.  I thought his old setup was restricting his General's ability to counterattack.  Plus his Marshal couldn't easily defend his left side, without moving lots of pieces.  Maybe others can give him some good setup advice.  I told him about the forum if he needed any help.  It will be interesting to see if he reaches Gold before Silverhammer. 

• rgillis783 likes this

My Youtube Stratego Channel: https://www.youtube....cGDvlZZkGbgq0LA

#105 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 15 December 2018 - 09:39 PM

The race to Gold ! Love it Dobby, my man Max up against this latest entry into the Stratego game Antsi who gets Gold first ? I was able to watch one of Antsi's after I posted. I also noticed an odd Flag placement by them. I think your advise was solid .  :)

• Dobby125 likes this

#106 Dobby125

Dobby125

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:14 PM

The race to Gold ! Love it Dobby, my man Max up against this latest entry into the Stratego game Antsi who gets Gold first ? I was able to watch one of Antsi's after I posted. I also noticed an odd Flag placement by them. I think your advise was solid .  :)

The Race to Gold is On!

Max is currently at 420.  Antsi is at 376.  I'm not sure who I would bet on to win the race yet.  I haven't seen enough of Antsi's play to make a decent prediction.

Max understands the game well enough to get to Gold, but doesn't trust his reads.  He has to trust his intuition more, instead of using all his scouts up early to verify his reads.  I don't think his memory is bad, he just plays too fast and doesn't give himself enough time to memorize all the information.  Plus, he has the same problem I have and that's we tend to focus on what we are doing and not what our opponent is doing.  That's a very bad habit that will cause you tough, stupid loses.

Antsi bluffs a lot.  He bluffs way too much against lower ranked players.  That's can be so dangerous.  He also moves way too many pieces.  He gives his opponents lots of targets.  That's tough to defend in close games.  I still don't understand lots of his moves.  I don't think he's a shuffler.  He just seems to move pieces without a goal.  It can be baffling at times.  He also has an open flag which makes it harder to win.

This could be a poll question:  Who gets first to ELO 500 before March 1st?   Max, Antsi or Neither.  Place your bets..... 

• rgillis783 likes this

#107 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:27 PM

I haven't watched Ansti but I have faith in Max.
Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#108 Dobby125

Dobby125

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 15 December 2018 - 10:35 PM

Maybe we should add Drunken Player to the race.  He was up to ELO 384 in his last video.  That's not bad playing drunk. 

#109 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:09 PM

Maybe we should add Drunken Player to the race.  He was up to ELO 384 in his last video.  That's not bad playing drunk. 

LOL yes lets add DP to the mix ! Win, Place and Show They all need to step up in certain areas of their game I feel. DP needs to stop burning all his scouts so early. I and at least one other player on my friends list feels that he(Max) needs to engage Marshal/General a bit earlier in games if not act on the intel he goes looking for.The latest Antsi must adjust Flag placement. Not sure if they know about probability with current placement. That column they have used in the video I saw is a hot spot-- NO BUENO !

Crud forgot to place my wager. 1) DP he has gotten Gold on another acct already I think : )  2) Max he has gotten a lot of advise on his game play from some VERY good sources, just needs to act on it.  3) Antsi could come on strong with a few tweaks to set up but as Dobby stated must have a direction for endgame 

Edited by rgillis783, 15 December 2018 - 11:19 PM.

#110 Dobby125

Dobby125

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 16 December 2018 - 12:03 AM

LOL yes lets add DP to the mix ! Win, Place and Show They all need to step up in certain areas of their game I feel. DP needs to stop burning all his scouts so early. I and at least one other player on my friends list feels that he(Max) needs to engage Marshal/General a bit earlier in games if not act on the intel he goes looking for.The latest Antsi must adjust Flag placement. Not sure if they know about probability with current placement. That column they have used in the video I saw is a hot spot-- NO BUENO !

Crud forgot to place my wager. 1) DP he has gotten Gold on another acct already I think : )  2) Max he has gotten a lot of advise on his game play from some VERY good sources, just needs to act on it.  3) Antsi could come on strong with a few tweaks to set up but as Dobby stated must have a direction for endgame 

Yup, Max is so sloooooooooow at counterattacking when he finds the Marshal.  I don't mind him keeping the Marshal hidden, but he really needs to get that General in attack mode when he finds his opponents Marshal.  Forward attack planning seems to be a problem for both Max and Antsi.  I just noticed Antsi played 3000 games and is still in the 300 levels.  That's not a good sign.  I think he needs coaching to get to the next level.  DP does waste his scouts.  He also quits to quickly when he loses a top piece.  I remember a game where he was up like 2 majors, 2 captains and a lieutenant, but he quit when he lost a colonel because he thought he couldn't win.  DP's advantage is that he's pretty aggressive.  I'd probably rank them in the same order as you did.  But I'm not sure they could break 500 before March.

• rgillis783 likes this

#111 Dobby125

Dobby125

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:18 AM

Well Antsi posted 4 new uploads today.  He went 3 and 1 since changing his setup.  His only loss(got obliterated) was to Napoleon 1er.  His current ELO is now 401.  The race is on!

#112 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:38 AM

Well Antsi posted 4 new uploads today.  He went 3 and 1 since changing his setup.  His only loss(got obliterated) was to Napoleon 1er.  His current ELO is now 401.  The race is on!

He is uploading games of all the players with out asking permission if you could comment for him to start asking please that would be great. Many players don't change there set ups at that skill level and he is just giving away there set ups for anyone to see and they don't even know about it.

#113 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:57 AM

Won't be many ranked games uploaded if everyone has to ask permission.

Friendlies are pretty boring to watch as no one plays properly.
  • Losermaker, KissMyCookie and TemplateRex like this

#114 Fks

Fks

Major

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 16 December 2018 - 03:13 AM

Won't be many ranked games uploaded if everyone has to ask permission.

Friendlies are pretty boring to watch as no one plays properly.

Yes but I am sure he just gave away napoleons noob killer set up away which is probably something he uses alot and he has no idea its posted.

#115 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:48 PM

He is uploading games of all the players with out asking permission if you could comment for him to start asking please that would be great. Many players don't change there set ups at that skill level and he is just giving away there set ups for anyone to see and they don't even know about it.

I just watched the match, Napo does seem to like this set up since I also encountered it in rank. I did notice in the video I saw yesterday that Antsi did type into chat box that they were recording but not sure if they actually sent it. Getting back to Napo's set up yes it was exposed to the FEW of us that watched the video. A player now has the choice to act on this intel on Napo or not ! It is also up to Napo to be more creative or innovative in his set up or have faith in his play. This forces all players to stay up to date with ALL intel out there including videos. Who posts them,who played in them and who watchs them ! I was also recorded without permission or knowledge this year ! I found out only by watching some videos on  Youtube ! Initially I was upset ! I then realized my flag was not exposed and the game ended in draw. It was actually a bit instructive for me because I was able to review match and listen to my opponents thoughts as I drove into and cleared out their side of the board/screen. With this now said I still prefer to be asked or at least informed that a video may be made -- it is just good manners !  Not sure about the whole permission thing myself !!! B)

#116 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 4 weeks ago

HI groundbob, interested in a challenge against Napo 2? ;D

I  never lose, I win or I learn…

#117 Dobby125

Dobby125

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 4 weeks ago

HI groundbob, interested in a challenge against Napo 2? ;D

Unfortunately, Stratego Bob hasn't been around since he posted his 1 year anniversary video on youtube.  In his last video, he scheduled times for his next Stratego streams but never did them.  He hasn't played anymore Stratego games with his groundbob account since that time.  And he hasn't logged into the forum either.  I hope he's OK.  His channel was entertaining.

• rgillis783 and Napoleon 2ème like this

#118 Napoleon 2ème

Napoleon 2ème

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 4 weeks ago

Unfortunately, Stratego Bob hasn't been around since he posted his 1 year anniversary video on youtube.  In his last video, he scheduled times for his next Stratego streams but never did them.  He hasn't played anymore Stratego games with his groundbob account since that time.  And he hasn't logged into the forum either.  I hope he's OK.  His channel was entertaining.

Uh sad, thanks for advising me trough !

I  never lose, I win or I learn…

#119 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 4 weeks ago

Antsi -- 471 as of their last video 

Max- Silverhammer-- 431 as of his last video

DP Drunken Player-- 405 as of this post

The road to Gold is wide open good luck to all. Oh ya I picked DP shows ya what I know ! I will stick by it though.

#120 Dobby125

Dobby125

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 4 weeks ago

Antsi -- 471 as of their last video 

Max- Silverhammer-- 431 as of his last video

DP Drunken Player-- 405 as of this post

The road to Gold is wide open good luck to all. Oh ya I picked DP shows ya what I know ! I will stick by it though.

Antsi is playing a lot better since he took my setup advice and lowered his flag and bombs down 1 level.  His pieces have much more mobility now.  He's gotten lucky a few times with some late lottoes.  Antsi certainly has his own peculiar way of playing.  I wouldn't call him a shuffler, but he does move lots of pieces for no apparent reason.   At least I can't figure it out.   I guess stalling and waiting for your opponent to self destruct is a strong tactic.  :D  

• rgillis783 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users