OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:09 AM

I have viewed a couple of these games and seen you win twice after losing your general. Maybe you should start lotto-ing with it

One error in the setup is that your major isn't readily available. Often you find a first row captain and then you have to move away the lieutenant to bring up your major. That major ought to be on the right behind the lake or one spot lower.

• groundbob likes this

Check out my Stratego Youtube channel ! :o

#82 groundbob

groundbob

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:42 PM

I have viewed a couple of these games and seen you win twice after losing your general. Maybe you should start lotto-ing with it

One error in the setup is that your major isn't readily available. Often you find a first row captain and then you have to move away the lieutenant to bring up your major. That major ought to be on the right behind the lake or one spot lower.

Ah yeah,I think I have noticed that issue before.

I'll have a look to tweak things tonight.

As for lottoing,I'll only do that if I have to normally,or know it's reasonably safe..

#83 ScottLafaro

ScottLafaro

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:02 PM

I really enjoy your games groundbob!

I (humbly) noticed you often let lower pieces get caught when you could 've backed 'm up with a higher piece.

• groundbob likes this

thus spoke zarathustra

#84 Dobby125

Dobby125

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:55 PM

I (humbly) noticed you often let lower pieces get caught when you could 've backed 'm up with a higher piece.

He's getting better at protecting lower pieces, but still needs to work on it.  :)  He also needs to learn to swap higher pieces when he's well ahead in the game.  

Watch this strange opponent he played last night.  He had Bob on the run the whole game.  Bob lost 2 sergeants needlessly, which was costly.  Keep the marshal hidden and you're always in the game.

https://youtu.be/UmnIkwfKaz4

• groundbob likes this

#85 groundbob

groundbob

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:03 PM

Ah that's great to know that you also enjoy them Scott.

Yes I still have lots to learn and have a habit of making careless mistakes.

Hopefully I can continue to get better and iron them out of my games.

• rgillis783 likes this

#86 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:20 PM

If I might give you a tip Bob, is to not randomly scout pieces that are not of immediate concern. Your left scout is in the wing should remain passive, because it is your flag wing. I often see you jump out with that scout, while you need to attack on the right, which is your aggro side. Just keep that scout where it is and allow yourself to recapture anything that comes at it.

Randomly scouting pieces adds to your memory burden. Your memory isn't your forte, so keep the luggage for your brains to the minimum.

If pieces are running exposed, it is because your opponent usually doesn't mind you scouting them. Keep your scouts still, until a piece shows itself that has been hiding, for example directly after an exchange.

• groundbob likes this

#87 groundbob

groundbob

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:07 PM

If I might give you a tip Bob, is to not randomly scout pieces that are not of immediate concern. Your left scout is in the wing should remain passive, because it is your flag wing. I often see you jump out with that scout, while you need to attack on the right, which is your aggro side. Just keep that scout where it is and allow yourself to recapture anything that comes at it.

Randomly scouting pieces adds to your memory burden. Your memory isn't your forte, so keep the luggage for your brains to the minimum.

If pieces are running exposed, it is because your opponent usually doesn't mind you scouting them. Keep your scouts still, until a piece shows itself that has been hiding, for example directly after an exchange.

Thanks Ouwesok,

Yes that is something I'm becoming more aware of and how important it is.

I think the main reason I have done it in the past,is because if a Marshall comes down that side,it is the biggest threat,so I like to have some space to move either my spy up,or my Marshall to defend against a a miner being protected.

Luckily it doesn't happen too often.

#88 groundbob

groundbob

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:09 PM

Hi everyone!

Just to let you all know,I'm aiming to do lots of live streams over the weekend,whilst at my office (if everything is calm and quiet as usual).

From 8.30pm GMT - 5am GMT. Both Sat and Sun.

I really appreciate all of your support and interaction & I hope to see lots of you there.

kind regards.

#89 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:29 PM

I should be able to play you on saturday. Wasse difference between cet and gmt. 1h?
  • groundbob likes this

#90 groundbob

groundbob

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:45 AM

Hi everyone.

Just to let you know,I'm planning to do several live streams all this week Mon - Fri,at random times between 00.30 GMT - 5am GMT.

Hope to see lots of you there!

Thanks

#91 groundbob

groundbob

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:55 AM

I should be able to play you on saturday. Wasse difference between cet and gmt. 1h?

Sorry I didn't see this post to arrange a battle properly Ouwesok, we can do it another time for sure.

#92 groundbob

groundbob

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 4 weeks ago

Hi everyone!

Just to let you all know,I'm aiming to do lots of live streams on the 23rd Dec,whilst at my office (if everything is calm and quiet as usual).

At random times, between 8.30pm GMT - 5am GMT. 

This will be my last day of streams before Xmas & I might have a funny surprise for everyone too.

I really appreciate all of your support and interaction,so I hope to see lots of you there.

kind regards.

• tobermoryx likes this

#93 groundbob

groundbob

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Marshal

Posted 5 days ago

Hi everyone!

Happy new year!

Just to let you all know,I'm aiming to do lots of live streams this weekend SAT & SUN,whilst at my office (if everything is calm and quiet as usual).

At random times, between 8.30pm GMT - 5am GMT. 

I really appreciate all of your support and interaction,so I hope to see lots of you there.

kind regards.

• Dobby125, ScottLafaro, Major Nelson and 1 other like this

#94 ScottLafaro

ScottLafaro

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 4 days ago

Well done!!!!!!!

thus spoke zarathustra

#95 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 4 days ago

Excellent run Bob. Back to solid gold! I saw you lose to jlaw68, he also beat me this week :(

I was online one moment and could play but at that exact moment you took a break :/

Edited by OuweSok, 4 days ago.

#96 rgillis783

rgillis783

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 4 days ago

Hey Bob , I've been away from game for a few weeks, was very happy to come back and see ya at Gold ! Keep posting and crushing your opponents. I am not sure if you hit a winning streak or made a slow climb up either way- SWEET- keep on rocking .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users