#1 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 912 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:14 PM

I miss this guy. America has gone collectively insane.

https://youtu.be/tzaqKWggB60

#2 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 912 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:51 AM

Keith Olbermann always goes over the top. He is the ultimate angry man who is given a platform to speak his mind. He probably lost his job at MSNBC because the sponsors didn't want to be associated with his words. Reminds me a lot of Howard Beale in Network who was killed for bad ratings.

America is hopelessly polarized. We are The Divided States. People who live in the flyover states felt betrayed by Obama. They felt the whole of DC was corrupt and the only way to fix it was to blow it up. The Electoral College is not democracy and the Declaration said if the government no longer works, replace it. That was back when we had 13 colonies. Things are much different now. Creating a new government based on equal representation is not doable.

We now have a Republican controlled Congress, Executive Branch and a hung Supreme Court that no one can convince me that Obama didn't have the right to fair hearing for Merrick Garland. Most states are controlled by Republicans and still Fox cries wolf. No Republican will stand up to Trump regardless of how insane he appears. He is by no means insane. He is shrewd and knows how to use social media to his advantage. Social media is fake news and not CNN. We are all living in a cocoon or our own "likes" both on the Right and the Left.

The middle has nowhere to voice an opinion and is not represented. It is drown out by the screaming fringe on both sides. Common sense no longer seems to matter. Let's have a ban on travel from Muslim countries, but only the ones we don't like. Let's build a wall along the Mexican border as if that will solve our immigration problem. Let's repeal and replace Obamacare with anything. It doesn't matter what it is we just hate everything Obama related. Trump want to change the facts with his alternative facts. He believes in conspiracies and that global warming is a hoax. 97% of the climate scientist cannot be overruled by denial, but it is. He is now dumping more coal sewage into rivers.

So I think it is time for a dismantling of our United States into separate countries like Europe. We are too big and too divided to continue as is.

From the website WalletHub:

The extent to which the average American’s tax burden varies based on his or her state of residence represents a significant point of differentiation between state economies. But it’s only one piece of the puzzle.

What if, for example, a particular state can afford not to tax its residents at high rates because it receives disproportionately more funding from the federal government than states with apparently oppressive tax codes? That would change the narrative significantly, revealing federal dependence where bold, efficient stewardship was once thought to preside.

The idea of the American freeloader burst into the public consciousness when #47percent started trending on Twitter in 2012. And though the notion is senselessly insulting to millions of hardworking Americans, it is true that some states receive a far higher return on their federal income-tax contributions than others.

Just how pronounced is this disparity, and to what extent does it alter our perception of state and local tax rates around the country? WalletHub sought to answer those questions by comparing the 50 states in terms of three key metrics. Our findings, as well as expert commentary and a detailed methodology, can be found below.

Once you look at the numbers you see that the south and flyover states are not getting the shaft and paying more taxes. It is just the reverse. My map below shows IMO a good division of the US. Being retired I have very little stake in anything regardless and this will never happen.

Edited by queenbee1, 12 March 2017 - 12:29 AM.

#3 queenbee1

queenbee1

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 912 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:40 AM

I'd call these countries the Northeastern, The South, The Great Lakes, The Middle and The West. We will stop sending taxes to DC. In All fairness Colorado belongs in The West. We will have regional capitals like Atlanta, NYC, Chicago, San Francisco and St Louis. This will solve the problems and end DC forever. Let the city rot in its own greed. Move the Smithsonian to Seattle. Dc becomes a part of Maryland and the Northeast. This will also stop making it easy for lobbyists to congregate on K Street. It will limit their effectiveness. If the South wants to go back the the 1800s then let them. The Northeast and the West will be even richer. I personally don't like the cold so I would move to Southern California where I should be already were I not entrenched with family in Florida.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users