Photo

Spring QA Tournament- "King of the Quick Arena" !

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 roeczak

roeczak

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:20 PM

Greetings to the whole community !!!

As a lot of players feel that 1 year waiting for the next QA tournament is too much, we have decided to organise an unofficial QA tournament ourselves !!!

Rules will follow shortly (we have taken for the most part the "official tournament" rules for we believe they are excellent, but we slightly modified them for this tournament)
You may register on this thread !

This will be a double-elimination tournament , with the games being best of 3 and the final being best of 5 with the winner of the winners bracket receiving an advantage of 1-0

Planned starting date is Monday , March 20!!

Have fun !

Edited by roeczak, 10 March 2017 - 09:44 PM.

• sevenseas and FGP_ like this

Highest rating : 838 (Platinum Major)

#2 roeczak

roeczak

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:21 PM

Spring QA Tournament –“King of the Quick Arena” Rules

1) Tournament Overview

1.     This will be a double elimination tournament in the "Quick Game" part of Stratego. Each player has 10 pieces instead of the usual 40. 

2.     As quick games are short, each round will be run as a “Best-of-3”, except the final, which will be run as a “Best-of-5”, with the winner of the winners bracket starting with a 1-0 advantage. The person to win the most games in each round will progress to the next round.

3.     If there is a draw after 3(or 5) matches, additional tie-breaker matches must be played immediately after.

4.     This tournament will begin on Monday,March 20th 2017. The length of this tournament will vary based on the number of players, but we anticipate it will last approximately 4-5 weeks. 

5.     Each round will last 1 week.

6.     All games are to be played on Stratego.com ONLY.  Games must not be played live, or on other stratego websites.

7.     All pairings will be randomly generated using challonge.com.

2) Who is eligible?

1.     All non-banned players are eligible to play. 

2.     Please be advised that alias accounts and multiple registrations by one player are strictly forbidden. 

3.     A player's account must NOT be accessed by anyone aside from the player. If a player needs specific assistance in scheduling matches (e.g. translation), the SQAT committee will arrange an official proxy. 

3) Arranging the tournament games and providing time slots

1.     As soon as the SQAT committee has opened the new match private message, participants may start arranging games. The committee will create separate forum topics for all matches.

2.     Each player must provide 3 time slots by Wednesday 23:59 each round. It is mandatory that all timeslots are in GMT time (see  http://www.greenwichmeantime.com) and use the 24 hour clock (no AM/PM proposals)

3.     It is required that each timeslots includes AT LEAST a 2 hour window where the player is to start the game (e.g. "I can play Wednesday 16:00-18:00"). 

4.     If a player does NOT provide 3 timeslots by Wednesday 23:59 GMT, they will receive a yellow card. 2 of these will result in disqualification from the tournament.

5.     If a match is already arranged, players are no longer obligated to provide timeslots unless either party requests a cancellation. 

6.     The games in each round may not start any later than 22:00 GMT on Sunday. 

4) When is a game considered "arranged" by the SQAT comittee?

1.     A game is considered "arranged" if a player picks a timeslot offered by the opponent and states this in the match topic. This is only on the basis that the start date does NOT occur within the next 24 hours which gives your opponent reasonable notice. A player must pick a specific time (e.g. 19:30 GMT) and NOT a timeslot for a game to be officially arranged.

2.     However, there may be an occasion where both players meet up and want to play the games, but have not yet made an official arrangement. If both parties wish to play a game spontaneously they must BOTH post in the match topic that the game is about to begin. 

3.     It is preferred both players enter the challenge zone before starting the game. This is not mandatory under normal circumstances, but it may be necessary in some situations (e.g. to prove your opponent did not show for the game)

4.     All games are to be played on stratego.com only using the "Challenge a friend" feature. Games must NOT be played using the regular quick arena matchup button. We urge all players to send a friend request to their opponent as soon as possible. You may contact us if you are having difficulties with this. 

5) What if there are no valid game arrangements?

1.     If both players have provided 3 acceptable timeslots (Rule 3.3) but there is no matching time then we would urge both players to continue providing availability until there is a matchup.

2.     If at Friday 23:59 there is no valid arrangement, the game will be AUTOMATICALLY arranged for Sunday at 17:00 GMT. 

3.     If in the circumstance that either player has a timezone of +6 GMT or greater, the default time will be shifted backwards until it falls before 22 local time. (example: if someone is GMT+8, the default time will be Sunday 14GMT). If the default time is changed, it will be communicated in advance to both players. 

4.     If a player can not make the default time, it is the sole responsibility of the player to inform us of this before Wednesday 23:59 GMT. 

6) What if a player is going to be absent for a few days?

1.     Due to time constraints, we recommend that all players have sufficient time to play in each week. 

2.     However, If you are going to be absent for a few days in a week, and can not provide availability before the Wednesday curfew, please contact us in advance of your absence with your timeslots for the week. Please be aware if there is no matching arrangement by Friday (Rule 5.2) the game will be automatically arranged. 

7) What happens if my opponent does not show up at the arranged time?

1.     If the game is arranged (see Rule 4.1) and your opponent has not arrived by 15 minutes after the scheduled start date (e.g. Your opponent does not arrive by 13:15 yet the game was scheduled to start at 13:00), please send us ADEQUATE PROOF of this in your forum match topic. We highly recommend a screenshot of the challenge zone, and a screenshot of your friend list showing your opponent is not online. 

2.      A player who does not show up for the arranged time, provided the criteria in rule 7.1 is met, will receive a Yellow Card. 2 of these will result in disqualification from the tournament.

3.     In the scenario where a player did not show up for the match, and it is BEFORE FRIDAY 23:59 GMT, the match will be rescheduled. Both players will then be urged to provide additional timeslots if necessary.

4.     In the scenario where a player did not show up for the match, and it is AFTER FRIDAY 23:59 GMT, then the opponent is automatically awarded the victory. 

8) Reporting Match Results

1.     We require the results of the matches be posted immediately after the games have concluded. Please state the results for all games played in your match topic and provide proof of this. 

2.     This may be done by either linking to screenshots of the match results, or by mutual confirmation. 

3.     To prevent any disputes, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND both players of each match makes a screenshot of each game result. 

4.     If there are no screenshots provided and the players are NOT in agreement about the match results, then the games are to be rescheduled for Sunday 17:00GMT. 

9) Cancellations

1.     A player may choose to cancel an arranged match if there is a MINIMUM of 24 hours notice before the game is about to start. 

2.     If there is less than 24 hours notice before the match is due to start, the player may still request to cancel, but it will only be considered valid if the opponent agrees to the cancellation. In the circumstance that the opponent does NOT accept the request to cancel the match at short notice, the game will NOT be considered cancelled and will proceed as planned. 

3.     When a match has been officially deemed cancelled (either by satisfying rules 9.1 OR 9.2) then the player who wished to cancel MUST provide 3 extra timeslots in accordance with rule 3.3. A player who fails to do this will receive a yellow card. 2 of these will result in a disqualification.

4.     Please note that after Friday 23:59 GMT, cancellations are NOT permitted due to time constraints. A cancellation notice issued after this time will be considered invalid, and the match will proceed as previously arranged.

10) Match Disputes and Disconnects

1.     If a player is booted from the site during setup phase, the game must IMMEDIATELY restart.

2.     If a player claims to be legitimately disconnected while the match is underway, it is first upto the players to decide if a rematch should take place. If both players agree to a rematch, then this rematch must take place IMMEDIATELY.

3.     If only the disconnected/booted player is willing to play, then the committee will judge on a case by case basis whether the match is to be replayed or not. In this circumstance, we recommend the winning player provide a FULL screenshot showing the graveyards to the committee. Players must respect the decision of the committee, which is final.

4.     If there is a dispute for any other reason, we will judge on a case by case basis. Players must respect the decision of the committee, which is final.

5.     SQAT committee members are NOT allowed to vote or judge in cases involving themselves. 

11) Battlefield Etiquette Policy

If you feel your opponent has violated any of our fair play guidelines, please provide adequate proof to us (either screenshots or video).

1.     Inappropriate language will not be tolerated.

2.     Players are not allowed to refuse a CLEAR DRAW without making significant progress within 5 minutes. We will judge cases of draw refusal within this tournament.

3.     Double chasing, while being allowed in the programming of Stratego.com, is NOT permitted here. However, counter chasing is allowed. 

4.     Prolonged chasing or intentional time wasting is not permitted.

5.     Public insinuations or accusations will NOT be tolerated. If you have any dispute about your match, we require it first be brought to our attention PRIVATELY via the PM feature.

12) Disciplinary Action: Disqualifications and Yellow cards

A player may expect to receive a yellow card under the following circumstances:

·         Not providing 3 acceptable timeslots by Wednesday 23:59GMT

·         Not showing up for an arranged match within 10 minutes

·         Cancelling a match without providing additional timeslots.

·         Violating the Battlefield Etiquette Policy

A yellow card will be WIPED from the player's history after 3 weeks have elapsed since the yellow card was awarded. 2 Yellow cards will result in disqualification from the tournament. This means that the player will be ejected from the tournament, and their opponent will be automatically awarded the victory.

13) Unforeseen Circumstances

1.     We may alter or change these rules at any time. We will provide a public notice if we do so, explaining what has been changed. 

2.     In the event that something occurs which is not covered by our rules, we will judge on a case by case basis. 

3.     The SQAT committee are not allowed to judge in cases involving themselves.

4.     The Spring Quick Arena Tournament committee currently consists of  4 members: roeczak , Henry domerkant , Major Nelson and casperon

By registering to this tournament, you automatically agree to "accept" these rules and guidelines. We wish you good luck, and have fun ! 

Edited by roeczak, 10 March 2017 - 09:44 PM.

• Fairway likes this

#3 roeczak

roeczak

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:22 PM

Any questions are welcome- This is the official tournament topic!
The Spring Quick Arena Tournament committee currently consists of  4 members: roeczak , Henry domerkant , Major Nelson and casperon

Registration list (will be edited) :
1.roeczak (Greece)
2.sevenseas (England)
3.PuzzledTea (England)
4.MTinsley (USA)
5.Fairway (USA)

6.Henry domerkant (Greece)

7.--Wogomite-- (USA)

8.FGP_ (Greece)

9.Major Nelson (Greece)
10. szw9917 (Canada)
11. Napoleon 1er (Switzerland)
12. casperon (Israel)
13. QueenofHearts (USA)
14. yoyordy (Netherlands)
15. hondjekapitein (Netherlands)

You can register in this thread , by stating your username and country.

Edited by roeczak, 14 March 2017 - 10:14 PM.

• Fairway likes this

#4 roeczak

roeczak

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:23 PM

I register for the tournament!

Roeczak (Athens, Greece)

• Fairway likes this

#5 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:28 PM

Good initiative. :)

I will join to defend my QA Tourn title. I'm from England. 

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#6 PuzzledTea

PuzzledTea

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:49 PM

Seems my wait for a whole year for the next tourney is cut short, really happy to see this. This is a great idea.

I'd like to join the tournament, maybe this time I can get my 2nd out of 3... I am from England also.

• Fairway likes this

#7 MTinsley

MTinsley

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:01 AM

I will participate (USA GMT-6)

Edited by MTinsley, 03 March 2017 - 12:33 AM.

• Fairway likes this

#8 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,213 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:05 AM

I will participate, USA, -5 GMT

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#9 roeczak

roeczak

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:16 AM

Hope its made clear now!

Just a bunch of users who wanted some QA fun before next year!!!

• Fairway likes this

#10 Henry domerkant

Henry domerkant

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:25 AM

I will also patricipate
Gmt +2
I also manage this tournament

Edited by Henry domerkant, 03 March 2017 - 12:26 AM.

• Fairway likes this

#11 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:25 AM

I will also sign up for this event -5 gmt USA

Nice job organizing this!

• sevenseas and Fairway like this

#12 FGP_

FGP_

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze General

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:32 AM

I will also participate!
(Greece, GMT +2).
  • Fairway likes this

#13 Major Nelson

Major Nelson

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:07 PM

I will also participate. I am Major Nelson from Greece (GMT+2). I am part of the comitee as well.

#14 despy

despy

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:27 PM

Hi, would like to participate. (Szw9917 is the username). From Canada here, GMT-7

#15 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

This tourney isn't getting the attention it deserves hidden away over here. 

Temporarily moved to GD as more people view this forum. Once the tourney starts it should be posted under live events & other tournaments.

Roeczak and co: will you be using pm arrangement for this, or will you be making a topic for each match like in QuickTourn?

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#16 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,871 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:20 PM

I'm in, Switzerland, gmt+1

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#17 roeczak

roeczak

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:32 PM

We will be using PM , unless the players prefer messages here.

#18 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,023 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Sergeant

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:20 AM

The topic has been restored back to the Tournaments area but a link to it has been left in the G.D. area. You now have your cake and can eat it, too. :)
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#19 casperon

casperon

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:26 AM

I'm not sure if its the right place to register, since a new topic was opened:

I'm in . Israel. GMT+2.

sorry for the late response and gl for everyone:)

#20 roeczak

roeczak

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:46 PM

10 days left for the tournament to begin!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users