Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:00 PM

Are you on drugs? Get a life...

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. And, no, you're still not getting your money back no matter how abusive you try to be. By the way, I thought your name sounded familiar...our neighbors have a Schnauzer called 'don mitsos,' but he likes to chew on everything!

"I try to think, but nothing happens!"

#42 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,433 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:03 PM

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. And, no, you're still not getting your money back no matter how abusive you try to be. By the way, I thought your name sounded familiar...our neighbors have a Schnauzer called 'don mitsos,' but he likes to chew on everything!

Not as bad as your name ;) :lol:  , all you have to do is type it into google!!  :o  :ph34r:  (jk)

• Gwynplaine likes this

4 months until flash goes bye-bye

#43 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:04 PM

Not as bad as your name ;) :lol:  , all you have to do is type it into google!!  :o  :ph34r:  (jk)

What do you mean, Fairway? I think it's a cute name for their Schnauzer...our neighbors are nice folks!

Edited by Gwynplaine, 25 February 2017 - 05:05 PM.

#44 OVERLORD

OVERLORD

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:25 PM

Gwynplaine, you're really sick man😁😁

#45 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:47 PM

Gwynplaine, you're really sick man

Thank you very much, OverLord_98, I share a similar opinion about you, too.  ;)

#46 don mitsos

don mitsos

Sergeant

• Moderators
  • 497 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:08 PM

So Gwynplaine, the man who laughs and tries to make others laugh. A Joker or a courts fool. Always happy and gay. So with this name you introduce yourself as a gay fool. Well if you feel like it then i don't mind. Nonetheless i demand a refund cause your services were insufficient.

And to give a serious tone, stop messing with everyone's affairs and play more stratego. You are a member of the forum 6 months and you have managed to have 399 posts. On the contrary your stratego skills are still low (judging from your current ranking). Seriously GET A LIFE...

#47 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:02 PM

Nonetheless i demand a refund cause [sic] your services were insufficient.

That's not what you told me this morning over breakfast . . .  :o

On the contrary your stratego skills are still low (judging from your current ranking). Seriously GET A LIFE...

You mean to become more like you? No thank you!!!  :(   

(pssstt!) – I would not be so sure that my skills are as low as you may think . . . okay, now..."Come here, boy! Come here!" Oh, don't worry, that last call wasn't for you . . .  :lol:

#48 blackboard

blackboard

Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:52 PM

The easiest way to deal with the problem of aliases is to give everyone a lot more setup slots. If I could save 7 or 8 setups to use it would mean there isn't much chance of someone with an alias seeing me use the same setup again when they play under a different name. I understand you can purchase more slots but most players aren't going to do that. Just give us more for free. Its a lot of hassle to set the pieces up 1 by 1 each game so you do tend to use the same 1 or 2 setups, maybe with a few changes but nothing major. This plays majorly into the hands of those with aliases.

• Fairway likes this

#49 MTinsley

MTinsley

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:06 PM

Alias accounts should be eliminated, as there is no legitimate cause for using one. In fact, it is outlawed by the Terms and Conditions, which every user has to 'accept' before joining the site:

4.2 No unfair practices
You are not allowed to use unfair methods when playing the Game. Any practice that gives a player a possibility to use anything other than strategy or insight while playing of the Game will be considered unfair. These practices include but are not confined to the possession of several accounts, the use of program codes or commands or modified hardware or software for assistance while playing, the taking on of the identity of another player, or the deliberate losing of the Game with a view to gaining a competitive advantage.

---

The Prof made an excellent point earlier. To truly make effort to solve this problem, one has to lead by example. So I encourage you, those with alternate accounts: send an e-mail to customercare@stratego.com and ask them to delete your other identities. Although this problem is unlikely to disappear without admin intervention, we can all do our bit to curb this malpractice.

Edited by MTinsley, 28 February 2017 - 03:07 PM.

• don mitsos and tobermoryx like this

#50 don mitsos

don mitsos

Sergeant

• Moderators
  • 497 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:20 PM

Alias accounts should be eliminated, as there is no legitimate cause for using one. In fact, it is outlawed by the Terms and Conditions, which every user has to 'accept' before joining the site:

4.2 No unfair practices
You are not allowed to use unfair methods when playing the Game. Any practice that gives a player a possibility to use anything other than strategy or insight while playing of the Game will be considered unfair. These practices include but are not confined to the possession of several accounts, the use of program codes or commands or modified hardware or software for assistance while playing, the taking on of the identity of another player, or the deliberate losing of the Game with a view to gaining a competitive advantage.

---

The Prof made an excellent point earlier. To truly make effort to solve this problem, one has to lead by example. So I encourage you, those with alternate accounts: send an e-mail to customercare@stratego.com and ask them to delete your other identities. Although this problem is unlikely to disappear without admin intervention, we can all do our bit to curb this malpractice.

Totally agreed, but there not many people who are going to back such an initiative up. Most top players have at least 5 accounts, they know this is against the rules but they do it anyway. Others will try to convince you that they are not doing something wrong by having numerous aliases because they put them in good use. Some graphic ones will even tell you that what you cannot understand what you read in the terms and conditions. The bottom line is that the majority doesn't want a solution (small number) or is too bored to do something about it (huge number). 

• tobermoryx and MTinsley like this

#51 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:14 PM

(Not joking or being ironic). I already proposed a solution to this problem, which is in full support of don mitsos' ideas, but has anyone done a darned thing about it? No. You, too, don mitsos, didn't do anything about it, so why are you still harping on this matter?!

If this question is to be resolved, then all MTs, Moderators, Tournament Managers, and so forth must collectively gather to propose some kind of referendum and then approach the site owners with a specific plan. So, don mitsos, before flinging your invective and baseless statements (and what I mean by that is stop using generalities, but point your finger in a very specific direction and make honest challenges), please focus on exactly what you mean:

What majority are you talking about? Who, the names specifically, is this majority?

Who are the people too bored to do anything about it? Name names!

Do you have a plan you would like to propose? Please...propose it and get it on the table.

You may try to find my proposal in one of the other threads where you and I exchanged our cups of bitter tea. (I am not against your ideology, don mitsos, I just find it difficult to accept when ad hominem attacks are the basis of arguments rather than proposed plans and ideas which may be brought to useful discussion).

#52 MTinsley

MTinsley

Sergeant

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Miner

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:33 PM

Gwynplaine, you mentioned that you proposed a solution to this problem. Will you kindly link that discussion to us?

#53 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • 3,767 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:45 PM

The solution is for all members that wish to have a ranking unaffected by aliases to form an external leaderboard, where only results between members are counted towards the ranking.

The NASF ranking for example is unaffected by aliases

#54 don mitsos

don mitsos

Sergeant

• Moderators
  • 497 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:08 PM

So you agree with my point of view now. Well better late than never...

You say you proposed a solution. Fair enough, but i am not obliged to scavenge the forum to find it. Just say it here.

If you want names, check Napoleon's and tobermoryx's clean ranking. From the people in that list 90% has aliases (i may underestimate the percentage). Most of these people have spent years in stratego.com and still nothing has happened. Some of them used to care but not anymore.

So the problem is getting bigger with the years.

TheO's proposal is on the right path but i haven't seen any activity towards its implementation for a while. Another proposal would be to write down the confirmed aliases and drop them to 100 ELO points. Both proposals have been published previously in the forum but nothing has happened. Only now and then a recent member, with ignorance of all these things, will try to make the difference by pointing out the problem.

As i have said before the bottom line is that the majority doesn't want a solution (small number) or is too bored (or tired) to do something about it (huge number). 

#55 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:21 PM

So you agree with my point of view now. 

I have never disagreed with it...just the pompous, self-righteous wannabe rhetoric that goes with it.

As i have said before the bottom line is that the majority doesn't want a solution (small number) or is too bored (or tired) to do something about it (huge number). 

Send me a PM of those SPECIFIC individuals that you feel are a majority of those who do not want a solution, and a list of those you feel may be too bored or tired as it may still be possible to inspire them. (This will remain in confidence).

What if I told you that a task force/committee is in the process of being discussed to address this specific issue? Do you have any official standing in the Forum community, and if not, would you consider being a liaison for the broader membership?

I await your communication.

• maxroelofs likes this

#56 Fairway

Fairway

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • 4,433 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Lieutenant

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:50 AM

I know that there's been lately a push that alias accounts are actually ok due to "confusion about T&C".. I didn't actually know having multiple accounts to test strategies was even possibly against the rules until a year ago due to the forum. I know Prof you say that its in the T&C, and you bring up a good point that eveybody checks the i agree box before joining. However TBH who is going to sit there and read every word? I'm just saying, be realistic, I want to play a board game. I'm not gonna sit there and read a few hours worth of rules when I could play dozens of games in the span. I know you really should, but ask yourself-- did anybody read really read the whole thing?

Another note, if alias accounts are against T&C, then many staff members are therefore violating it, including Napoleon, Midnightguy, Maxroelofs, Me, Yellowhat, Mr. Smith, Sevenseas, Wogomite.. ect... as well as many top players including Hielco, Nortom, Sohal, Constrictor/Gentleben, the list goes on forever. I'd say about 75% of the people who play here have multiple accounts. Or you can be Trickz and have 15 dozen :D

I'm currently not sure what to do. Until the admin amends the rules then they will remained fogged in the minds of others as to me it says that you cannot use multiple accounts to cheat. I'm not sure though. I'm one opinion in a million. 

4 months until flash goes bye-bye

#57 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • 3,767 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:05 AM

Both proposals have been published previously in the forum but nothing has happened. 

Someone from NASF should be able to confirm this, but I believe this system (ranked games only count between members) has plans to be trialled by NASF. Should this system be successful (and maybe something will also be learnt from it), it could pave the way to be spread further.

#58 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:15 AM

Someone from NASF should be able to confirm this, but I believe this system (ranked games only count between members) has plans to be trialled by NASF. Should this system be successful (and maybe something will also be learnt from it), it could pave the way to be spread further.

That is correct.

3 - 0

#59 TheOptician

TheOptician

Marshal

• Honorary members
  • 3,767 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:39 PM

Why are they nobody with 1 loss only?

Because no player with only 1 loss has an ELO higher than PANIA (587 ELO)

Division 6 (added) does contain players with only 1 loss.

#60 Gwynplaine

Gwynplaine

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Sergeant

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:26 AM

Gwynplaine, you mentioned that you proposed a solution to this problem. Will you kindly link that discussion to us?

Greetings, MTinsley! I sent you a PM on an unrelated topic.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users