• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:00 PM

Patras Battles 2017

29th & 30th of April

A3MVnSz.png

Patras Stratego Team will organize the Patras Battles tournament. The tournament is going to attract the stratego interest in Patras(GREECE).

One Junior tournament, one Open and the main event: Patras Battles 2017, will increase the playfulness for Stratego to high.

This year the interesting is the special invitations. There will be invited the best of the best Greek Stratego players, but also will be invited 2 great European players.

That means that the players of Patras Stratego Team will face great opponents and we will watch superb games.

A player in order to participate to Patras Battles 2017, should already played at least in one tournament recognized by ISF or to get a pass from Open or Junior tournament.

Invited players that confirmed our invitation:

Tim Slagbloom (playa1)– The Netherlands

Charlie Palley (TheOptician) – England

Ioannis Vandoros – Greek Champion 2016

Spyros Georgakopoulos – 2nd in Greek Championship 2016(high possibility)

Georgios Georgiadis (gkaros)– World Online Champion 2016(high possibility)

Also six great players have shown their interest to participate(last update 12feb).

The tournament will take place in "Agora Argyri" and for your accommodation, you can choose a special offer for the tournament players by 40euros per night for double room with breakfast.

More info will announced soon. Also, you can contact to Patras Stratego Team, by facebook in our page, or call to +306982221639.

We hope to see you in Patras battlefield.

Patras Battles 2017

29 & 30 Απριλίου

Η Patras Stratego Team διοργανώνει και φέτος το Patras Battles. Το τουρνουά που γίνεται θεσμός, θα μεταφέρει το επίκεντρο του ενδιαφέροντος στην Πάτρα.

Ένα τουρνουά Junior, ένα Open και το main event: Patras Battles 2017, θα ανεβάσουν τη διάθεση για Stratego στα ύψη.

Οι προσκλήσεις παικτών φέτος έχουν περισσότερο ενδιαφέρον. Και αυτό γιατί εκτός ότι θα προσκληθούν οι καλύτεροι των καλύτερων Ελλήνων, γίνεται πρόσκληση και σε 2 σπουδαίους Ευρωπαίους παίκτες, δίνοντας διεθνή αίγλη στο Patras Battles.

Αυτό σημαίνει πως οι παίκτες της Patras Stratego Team, θα αντιμετωπίσουν σπουδαίους αντιπάλους και θα πραγματοποιηθούν εξαιρετικά παιγνίδια.

Στο Patras Battles 2017, έχουν δικαίωμα συμμετοχής παίκτες με τουλάχιστον ένα τουρνουά αναγνωρισμένο από την ISF και όσοι προκριθούν από το Open(5 πρώτοι) και Junior(3 πρώτοι).

Όσοι παίκτες από την υπόλοιπη Ελλάδα επιθυμούν να πάρουν μέρος στο τουρνουά, θα επωφεληθούν με την προσφορά χαμηλής τιμής για τη διαμονή τους(40ευρώ το δίκλινο με πρωινό). Η συμμετοχή είναι στα 10ευρώ.

Οι προσκεκλημένοι παίκτες που έχουν επιβεβαιώσει τη συμμετοχή τους:

Tim Slagboom (playa1) – Ολλανδία

Charlie Palley (TheOptician) – Αγγλία

Γιάννης Βανδώρος – Πρωταθλητής Ελλάδος 2016

Σπύρος Γεωργακόπουλος – Δευτεραθλητής Ελλάδος 2016(με επιφύλαξη)

Γιώργος Γεωργιάδης –Παγκόσμιος Πρωταθλητής στο Online Παγκόσμιο Πρωτάθλημα 2016(με επιφύλαξη)

Ήδη έχουν δηλώσει πρόθεση συμμετοχής ακόμη 6 σπουδαίοι παίκτες.

Το τουρνουά θα πραγματοποιηθεί στο συνεδριακό της "Αγοράς Αργύρη". Η δήλωση συμμετοχής θα γίνει έως την Πέμπτη 27 Απριλίου.

Περισσότερες πληροφορίες θα αναρτηθούν σύντομα. Μπορείτε να επικοινωνείτε με την Patras Stratego Team, μέσω facebook στην σελίδα μας και στο 6982221639.

Ελπίζουμε να σας δούμε στο πεδίο της μάχης στην Πάτρα!

• KARAISKAKIS, maxroelofs, Napoleon 1er and 2 others like this

#2 playa1

playa1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:12 PM

Looking forward to meet great Greek opponents on the Patras battlefield! And there is more news: also Dutch player Anjo Travaille (nick: Garulfo) will join the tourney. He is in the top 10 of the world ranking.
  • KARAISKAKIS, dalee, Jakehaar and 1 other like this

#3 dalee

dalee

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:42 AM

Special thanks to our media sponsors
Wave 97,4 - RadioFM wave974.gr
SUPER B - Television superb.gr
Τέταρτο - Magazine&online magazine tetartopress.gr
Πελοπόννησος - Newspaper pelop.gr

mrg0iyO.png

Ευχαριστούμε τους χορηγούς επικοινωνίας εκ των προτέρων

Wave 97,4 - Ραδιόφωνο wave974.gr
SUPER B - Τηλεόραση superb.gr
Τέταρτο - Ηλεκτρονικό&έντυπο περιοδικό tetartopress.gr
Πελοπόννησος - Εφημερίδα pelop.gr

• Jakehaar and FGP_ like this

#4 dalee

dalee

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:11 AM

gjbhZoM.png

• KARAISKAKIS, Aris1970, playa1 and 2 others like this

#5 dalee

dalee

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:28 AM

qs2uIkJ.png

• KARAISKAKIS, Jakehaar and FGP_ like this

#6 dalee

dalee

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:50 PM

4days left for the Patras meeting! :)

• Jakehaar, FGP_ and PHAETHOΝ like this

#7 dalee

dalee

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:43 PM

First arrival: Charlie Palley - TheOptician :)

Second: Tim Slagboom - playa

Third: Ernestos Pilalis(Junior)

• TheOptician, playa1, FGP_ and 1 other like this

#8 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,199 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:36 AM

A massive thank you to Patras Stratego Club for organising such an impressive tournament. I was struck by the friendliness of everyone involved and their desire to accommodate and help out wherever possible. It was a pleasure to meet so many of you that for me had only existed online (and many who were entirely new to me) and it was evident that so much time had been invested by many people.

Now I have sampled the taste of a live tournament I strongly urge those who haven't done so to 'cross the water'. This made-up expression can be literally applied as I look forward to meeting some of you again for the World Championships in Marmari.

Again (Palley in Greek) thank you to all those involved (especially dalee) for a wonderful experience :-)
  • KARAISKAKIS, playa1, dalee and 5 others like this

#9 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,242 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:07 AM

Indeed it was an impressive tournament!!! Really proffesional work from Patras team . Thx guys for this wonderfull experience. :)

Congrarts to Charlie for his first trophy in his first live tournament. I am looking forward to meet you all this August in the WC in Marmari

• playa1, dalee, Great Manos and 1 other like this

#10 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,741 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:40 AM

I am really glad you took my encouragements finally and started with your first live tournament to witness how that paid out with the number 1 spot  :o! Now with Greece not being any hurdle it's probably a small step to play the London tournaments as well :rolleyes:.

And most important, form the British team with the Brits I contacted you with. Would be a lot of fun to see you form another strong country. Now all we need next is the Americans to join the cause :blink:  B).

Lo

#11 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:41 PM

Congratulations on your trophy Charlie. :)

I would join a live tourney some day too, but Greece is awkward to travel to for a first tourney. 

#12 Lonello

Lonello

Colonel

• Moderators
  • 1,741 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:59 PM

travel to for a first tourney

Maybe London then :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink:  :P?

Lo

#13 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:08 PM

I'm not as lucky as you, Lonello. I don't have tournaments on my doorstep. :( London is easy to get to, but WC2017 is on some random island away from Greece (marmari) that'll probably take at least 1.5days of travelling to even reach.   

I should get back in contact with Richard (Ace72) for a UK meetup with some of the regulars among here. I know a few would be interested. We talked about a month ago. He's a nice guy but unfortunately his work pattern means he can't be online during the 'normal' evening times. 

#14 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,242 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:22 PM

I'm not as lucky as you, Lonello. I don't have tournaments on my doorstep. :( London is easy to get to, but WC2017 is on some random island away from Greece (marmari) that'll probably take at least 1.5days of travelling to even reach.   

Most probably you have wrong informations. That's absolute Inaccurate.

Marmari is a location 1,5 - 2 hours away from Athens and Athens- London is a flight of 3 hours 

http://forum.strateg...ce/#entry337990

#15 dalee

dalee

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver General

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:22 PM

I should get back in contact with Richard (Ace72) for a UK meetup with some of the regulars among here. I know a few would be interested. We talked about a month ago. He's a nice guy but unfortunately his work pattern means he can't be online during the 'normal' evening times. 

Marmari is a village in Evia island. You can arrive at Athens airport and take a bus direct to Rafina port(30mins). From Rafina port you get the ship to Marmari(is about 30mins).

#16 Unladen Swallow

Unladen Swallow

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:04 PM

It's 350km/200miles by sea on a boat. This has to take 2hours at the very least. My estimate was 1.5 days assuming I miss the boat connection (1 day travelling otherwise).

If all the connections do work out, it's still 1hr travel to airport + 1.5hrs waiting for plane + 4hr flight + 30min bus + little more waiting + 2hr boat. It's a long way to go just for Stratego. 

Edited by Unladen Swallow, 02 May 2017 - 02:15 PM.

#17 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,242 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:10 PM

It's 350km/200miles by sea on a boat. This has to take 2hours at the very least. My estimate was 1.5 days because it's unlikely all the connections work out during the day of travelling as the boat journey realistically has to be a daily or twice daily departure. 

Totally wrong!!! You are reffering to other location

Marmari is located in southwestern coast of the second largest island in Greece - Evia.

There are ferry routes with the mainland port of Rafina.
Duration of the route is 60 min and cost is 9 euro per person
According the  timetable (2016) in 17th August  there 4 routes to Marmari  at: 8.30 , 11.45 , 16.00 , 20.30.
 In 20th August there are 6 routes to Rafina at:  9.30 , 14.00 , 16.00 , 17.30 , 19.00 , 20,30 
*Timetable of 2017 will be known in June but it is not expected major differences 

The Athens International Airport (Eleftherios Venizelos) is 20 km away from Rafina.

Accesibility to Rafina and the oposite can be made with bus or taxi. Bus routes are every hour from 6.00 to 21.45 . Duration is 30 min and cost is 3 euro per person

By taxi the cost is 35 euro and duration is 20 min

YELFzm3.jpg

• dalee likes this

#18 playa1

playa1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:36 PM

Hi all,
Also from my side a big thank you to Patras Stratego team and especially Giorgios (dalee)! I enjoyed playing fanatic and enthousiastic Greek players that pushed me to the limit. Great organisation and a warm stay in Patras.
Greets,
Tim / playa1
  • dalee, Jakehaar, Great Manos and 2 others like this

#19 playa1

playa1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:39 PM

Hi again, the info of Greg is correct. From Athens it theoretically takes max. 1,5 hours to get to Marmari. It could be that you need to spend a night in Athens or Rafina before moving towards the island, depending on the ferry schedule. From Londen to Athens should take 3,5 hours flying, so Marmari can be reached on the day of departure, depending of flight departure and distance from Londen.
  • dalee likes this

#20 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,242 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:17 PM

Hi again, the info of Greg is correct. From Athens it theoretically takes max. 1,5 hours to get to Marmari. It could be that you need to spend a night in Athens or Rafina before moving towards the island, depending on the ferry schedule. From Londen to Athens should take 3,5 hours flying, so Marmari can be reached on the day of departure, depending of flight departure and distance from Londen.

Αlternativelly for those people who prefer to avoid the ferry , Marmari can be reached by car. It takes 3 hours and the distance (airport- Marmari)  is 207 km.

This of course needs to rent a car and would be a more expensive solution.

qgEE0g8.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users