Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:32 AM

Use this thread to setup day/time for your match and report your results here.  This match must be played by Sunday 2/13. Good luck to both of you!

#2 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 458 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:41 AM

I'm available 6PM-11PM Tuesday, Thurdsay, or Friday this week.  I'll also be around this weekend, if none of these times work I'll post some for the weekend (or next week).

#3 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:27 AM

I am busy week 1. Week 2 is better. I can do Saturday 2-8 EST. If that doesn't work we can look at week 3.
3 - 0

#4 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 458 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:44 PM

We'll touch base next week.  I'll probably be free next Saturday, but too early to know for sure.

#5 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 January 2016 - 05:17 PM

As the rule states one game is to be played per week with three available time slots. If either player wants to demand the game be played the first week he may do so. If both players come to an agreement as to wait a week or two to play their game that is accepted as long as the round is finished in a respectable time according to the progress of the rest of the tournament. No player can dictate that a round be waited a week or even two to be played without the permission of their opponent. If Steelers or astros chooses to give three time slots in a given week and does not agree to skip that week then availability must be met with cooperation.

We may change the rules next tournament to mandate time slots only in a week that the current round affects the rest of the tournament but as for now the rules do state "at least one match per week" but as I said if both players agree to skip a week or two we do not have a problem with this.

Good skill to both of you and may the best man win

#6 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 28 January 2016 - 05:22 PM

The rules do not state that. I am not able to play this week. Steelers and I have never had a problem scheduling a tournament game. Because we are changing the rules during the round, Steelers, if you want the win just demand the game is played this week and you win.

3 - 0

#7 --Wogomite--

--Wogomite--

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:09 PM

4. Scheduling:

a. Players are expected to play at least one game a week. The game must be completed by Monday 12 AM EST.

The very first rule of scheduling actually negates what you just said astros. Astros I would like you to respond with one or two word answers from now on if you cannot speak to people enforcing the rules with respect. I do not mind you speaking up and defending the rules but if you were to walk into court as an attorney arguing the opposite of what the law clearly states the judge may eventually get fed up. What I said was not up for debate either. I simply stated something we all have to abide to. Steelers...I do not mind you waiting a week but it is true that if you do not agree to wait a week you move on to the next round. A rule is a rule. You must give three time slots in doing so though.

#8 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 458 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:08 PM

Next week is fine with me, I'm always around.  I'm sure there'll be no problem setting up the game.

#9 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:14 AM

This match is due on 2/13.  If both players wish to wait next week or even the week after that is up to them.  

#10 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 458 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:49 AM

Astros,

Should we say tentatively Saturday at 2:00?  I think I'm going to be around on Saturday, but there's a chance I can get called away.  I'll know for sure the night before.  If it turns out I can't make the Saturday date, I'll be available a lot of week 3, we can work on a mutual time that week.  But for now, lets aim for Saturday.

#11 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:51 AM

I can do that. All I ask is that you confirm your availability 24 hours before hand.

3 - 0

#12 Midnightguy

Midnightguy

Colonel

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:10 AM

This thread is for Astros and Steelers only.  Any side remarks or personal attack will be hidden.

#13 Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:11 AM

better hide astros comments on me deserving to forfeit.

"Everyone pities the weak, jealousy you have to earn."

#14 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:23 AM

better hide astros comments on me deserving to forfeit.

I was not suggesting that you should forfeit. In fact I said you should not. I was merely pointing out that multiple people, including myself, would forfeit with a strict interpretation of the rules.

3 - 0

#15 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 458 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:13 AM

It looks like I'll be free Saturday.  Does 2:00 EST sound good?  If not, I'll be around all day, pick whatever time you want (but preferably before the evening).

#16 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:14 AM

That is fine, I will see you at 2.

3 - 0

#17 steelers