Photo

Gravon vs Stratego

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Poll: Gravon or Stratego? (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Gravon or Stratego?

1. Gravon (11 votes [32.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.35%

2. Stratego (18 votes [52.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

3. Same (3 votes [8.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

4. Other/Dont know (2 votes [5.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:57 PM

After trying Gravon for a while i can say that it really is much better
We have also built a strong Greek representation on Gravon, soon enough i expect half of the top 20 players of the rankings to be greek soon (Henry stop playing lotto and play seriously).

Really , I can make an hour long video about this site's problems if you want, but it is futile as no one of the admins cares. On Gravon, they might have some problems as some players told me , but at least they care about the game and that's what matters.

That's twice today alone that you've complained about lottoing. Last week and around Xmas it was the same when Major Nelson beat you. Ouwesok and MN wrote some instructive posts on how you might be more predictable than you think. Other players read this forum too!  ;)

Edited by TemplateRex, 08 February 2018 - 06:57 PM.

• Major Nelson likes this

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#62 OuweSok

OuweSok

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:57 PM

What's ur username on Gravon ? And my record is already ruined there :)

Maybe you should stop resigning in winning positions or if the game generally bores you :P

Check out my Stratego Youtube channel ! :o

#63 Fks

Fks

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,232 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:15 PM

Maybe you should stop resigning in winning positions or if the game generally bores you :P

benefit of not giving a damn about my Gravon rating lol. And @Don I haven't ever seen you on Gravon if u wanna get on we can maybe play a game :)

• Don_Homer likes this

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#64 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 924 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:28 PM

@Template Rex: Henry is a really good player. He doesnt play seriously at gravon and he lottos way more than he should. That why he doesnt get to top 20. If he stops lottoing he would easily get there.

I generally appreciate your posts, but i think you should refrain from being personal. Henry and Nelson are both good friends of mine IRL and i dont think they have a problem. Also the whole post about Nelson was just a joke between me and him about how lucky he is .

On the other hand scouting setups is i think somehung that i am right to complain about.

FYI I played Nelson yesterday at Gravon and won , due to my unpredictable setup, so being more unpredictable is something i'm working on. :)
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#65 TemplateRex

TemplateRex

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:49 PM

I generally appreciate your posts, but i think you should refrain from being personal. Henry and Nelson are both good friends of mine IRL and i dont think they have a problem. Also the whole post about Nelson was just a joke between me and him about how lucky he is .

Hi Roeczak, my post wasn't intended to be personal or otherwise offensive, on the contrary! I just noticed twice in one day that you complained about lottoing and remembered that I had seen at least two games where you were exploited by Major Nelson based on your prior play against him. Thanks for explaining the context wrt to other players and HD. I agree that lottoing as a scouting device is annoying. 

PS just saw that you are getting back at MN, congrats and please show us videos!

Edited by TemplateRex, 08 February 2018 - 07:50 PM.

I hereby grant explicit permission to all my opponents to record and publish my games as they see fit.

#66 roeczak

roeczak

Captain

• Tournament Manager
  • 924 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:51 PM

NP
I hope you continue to improve !
  • TemplateRex likes this
If you enjoy stratego you might want to subscribe to Roeczak. Member of Stratego Captains Club. Actively trying to promote the game and would like to help in any activity towards that goal. Highest Rating : 898 (Platinum Marshal)

#67 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,441 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:24 AM

I have a question and I will apreciate if someone who knows very well this site , can answer me. In a game where both flags are bombed and there are no miners from both sides , each player has his general still in the game ,but your opponent denies the obvious tie , what can be happen? Are you forced to wait until the end of game time?

#68 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:32 AM

I have a question and I will apreciate if someone who knows very well this site , can answer me. In a game where both flags are bombed and there are no miners from both sides , each player has his general still in the game ,but your opponent denies the obvious tie , what can be happen? Are you forced to wait until the end of game time?

Hi Greg, After 12,5 years and 3000 games I never experienced this at gravon. Players are sportive enough to accept the draw. Also gravon has a very nice feature: claim a draw button. This can be used when your personal time is more than the game time!

Molto Bene, Thats a nica Donut !

#69 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,441 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:39 AM

Hi Ruben
Thx for your respond but my question is what happens in case your opponent do not accept the draw. This has nothing to do with the button you mentioned (which Btw is also feature in stratego.com)

#70 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 751 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:48 AM

Hi Greg, This button feature is NOT present on stratego.com. In fact, on stratego.com you can have endless games in your described situation. Because there is no bronstein clock here! You need to call a mod to restore points. At gravon the same thing is possible. However players just agree with the draw option on gravon.

#71 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,441 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:00 PM

So you say that you can call mod in gravon during the game and confirm the tie situation as I can understand. Correct?

#72 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 751 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:05 PM

Yes that is possible too! You dont have to make screenshots or other difficult operations at gravon.
  • ☆OVERLORD☆ likes this

#73 KARAISKAKIS

KARAISKAKIS

General

• WC Online Team
  • 2,441 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:21 PM

Thx for the answer.
  • Don_Homer likes this

#74 Fks

Fks

Major

• NASF Committee
  • 1,232 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:44 PM

Edited by Fks, 16 February 2018 - 08:05 PM.

Proud Member of the North American Stratego Federation (NASF)

#75 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,631 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 16 February 2018 - 09:18 PM

Thx for the answer.

... that is right but only if the mod is online at same time .... otherwise you have to wait

If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#76 rgillis783

rgillis783

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 17 February 2018 - 11:42 PM

I am late to the great debate- I think this site is great a lot of good/bad points to it. I Was wondering what Gravon forum members thought about Statego.com? Is the discussion as lively ?  I have paid some attention and must say the idea of one acct. seems good but having two accts. seems better ! The posted matchs that are available on YouTube, show that Statego.com has a much more fluid interface /graphics. This is just my thought on the matter. Since I don't have an acct. there I shall not drone on : ) 

#77 Don_Homer

Don_Homer

Captain

• Members
  • 751 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:28 PM

Hi rgillis,

There are a lot of disadvantages here compared to gravon (setup slots, ranking, clock, pieces, move rules etc.).

Btw there is a tournament organised there by 4 great Greek players of here! More info at the gravon forum.
  • cflag and rgillis783 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users