Photo

Opponent never clicked 'ready' yet I had to leave and lost?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:49 AM

What's going on? My opponent never hit ready, I waited for all the time to run out but when it hit zero nothing happened. In the end I clicked leave game as I didn't see what other option I had, and it immediately stuck a loss on my tally! My opponent should have lost for not setting up, surely? Can this be changed please admin, its not on putting a loss on my total when I waited ages and the game seemingly messed up by not then giving him the loss?

#2 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:54 AM

just one of those things that sometimes happens here i'm afraid  :(

#3 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,211 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:22 AM

iron_maiden, this is not something the MT will get involved in, but you are welcome to make your request for restitution at customercare@stratego.com.

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#4 Napoleon 1er

Napoleon 1er

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

Also sometimes it writes that you've lost the game but you don't get any point deduction. Did you lose points?
If you don't know where you go ... you have a lot of chance to arrive elsewhere ...

#5 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,211 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Major

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:53 PM

Interesting point, Napoleon 1er.

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#6 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 16 January 2016 - 12:11 AM

No because it was a quick game so non-ranking. But when your win % is around the 85% mark every loss is a blemish and brings your % down. If I was an also ran player with a 200-180 record or something then it wouldn't matter but I believe when you have a really strong win percentage it puts the frighteners on lesser opponents before the game even begins - they see that and think they've lost already. That's a winning mentality and that's why this has annoyed me! :)

#7 Moriarty

Moriarty

Major

• Members
  • 1,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 16 January 2016 - 01:27 AM

i asked cc for this before also. They cant change your record sadly.

Iron_maiden- people usually look at ELO ranking first. 

I have no idea what that thing under my avatar is. I've always liked stickers

#8 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:19 PM

No, I don't agree - you click to play a game and you don't know who you are playing until the screen comes up - at this point you look at their win-loss record to gauge what sort of level they are likely to be at. I may only be a silver marshall right now but other silver players take one look at my win-loss record and crap their pants - they're already beaten. Bronze players don't even bother trying. Likewise if I see a silver general or whatever, but notice he is only about a 55-60% win player and has played loads of games to get him  to where he is, I know I should win. If he's got a better record than me I try to make my setup a bit less easy to read but prepare myself for a possible defeat. I don't sit there thinking "ah but he's picked up loads of wins because the system f**ked up and gave his opponents losses when it shouldn't have!" :D

• Moriarty likes this

#9 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:39 PM

Aren't you a special snowflake.
3 - 0

#10 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,782 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:52 PM

Aren't you a special snowflake.

*Ahem, Like*

I've reached my quota again.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series!  :D

#11 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:26 PM

Aww someone fitting the criteria I described got upset about it. Diddums! :lol:

#12 Astros 17

Astros 17

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 16 January 2016 - 08:49 PM

What criteria are you referencing?

You have played a few games and beat bad players in quick arena. You are in no way an elite player for doing that.
3 - 0

#13 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,782 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 17 January 2016 - 01:11 PM

No, I don't agree - you click to play a game and you don't know who you are playing until the screen comes up - at this point you look at their win-loss record to gauge what sort of level they are likely to be at. I may only be a silver marshall right now but other silver players take one look at my win-loss record and crap their pants - they're already beaten. Bronze players don't even bother trying. Likewise if I see a silver general or whatever, but notice he is only about a 55-60% win player and has played loads of games to get him  to where he is, I know I should win. If he's got a better record than me I try to make my setup a bit less easy to read but prepare myself for a possible defeat. I don't sit there thinking "ah but he's picked up loads of wins because the system f**ked up and gave his opponents losses when it shouldn't have!" :D

Man, you can't get so worked up over one loss. It doesn't mess up your % THAT much. I have a quick-game only alias I use, with only 40 games on it (7 loses) and two of those have been booting losses. It just happens, there's nothing you can do about it. You just have to deal with it.  :)

Edited by Fairway, 17 January 2016 - 01:11 PM.

#14 Persanyu

Persanyu

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:54 AM

No, I don't agree - you click to play a game and you don't know who you are playing until the screen comes up - at this point you look at their win-loss record to gauge what sort of level they are likely to be at. I may only be a silver marshall right now but other silver players take one look at my win-loss record and crap their sexy clubwear - they're already beaten. Bronze players don't even bother trying. Likewise if I see a silver general or whatever, but notice he is only about a 55-60% win player and has played loads of games to get him  to where he is, I know I should win. If he's got a better record than me I try to make my setup a bit less easy to read but prepare myself for a possible defeat. I don't sit there thinking "ah but he's picked up loads of wins because the system f**ked up and gave his opponents losses when it shouldn't have!" :D

Edited nice.

#15 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,782 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:02 AM

I notice you are here just to talk about your lovely underware. What a nice addition to the forum that will be, I'm sure.

Edited by Fairway, 21 January 2016 - 02:02 AM.

#16 Moriarty

Moriarty

Major

• Members
  • 1,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:28 AM

On my QA account Hot Streak Im doing well xD

I have no idea what that thing under my avatar is. I've always liked stickers