#41 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,049 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 04 February 2016 - 02:30 PM

With deep regret I have to report a staller.

Nortrom, the MT will open a case for you.
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#42 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 04 February 2016 - 02:46 PM

The problem isn't the buffer time but rather the poor sports that threaten this game. I believe that player should be given some form of punishment for such behaviour, as it is certainly not within the spirit of the game

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#43 Aris1970

Aris1970

Major

• Members
  • 1,424 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:11 PM

Always there will be these guys and no punishment will n't stop them.

"changes like Implementing all the square rules in a correct way, ability choice settings (free / bufer / a clock)"

#44 QueenofHearts

QueenofHearts

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:46 PM

With deep regret I have to report a staller. Taking 15sec a move from the start with only one purpose as can be seen at http://imgur.com/9v3hvHI - abusive chat included aswell.

Vid recording can be found at: http://pmjn.nl/staller/

End screen: http://imgur.com/XGInULh

Request: Restoring 24 points - Feel free to do whatever MT feels is right regarding this guy.

EDIT: TheOptician ran into this guy aswell and experienced the same thing.

Nortum I think this was one of the worst cases I have seen, I would ban him forever, but he'd just open a new account. Until this rudderless ship starts to charge a monthly subscription fee this behavior will go on and on forever.

Edited by QueenofHearts, 05 February 2016 - 12:06 AM.

• Aris1970 and sevenseas like this

Queenbee

#45 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Miner

• Moderators
  • 198 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:33 PM

With deep regret I have to report a staller. Taking 15sec a move from the start with only one purpose as can be seen at http://imgur.com/9v3hvHI - abusive chat included aswell.

Vid recording can be found at: http://pmjn.nl/staller/

End screen: http://imgur.com/XGInULh

Request: Restoring 24 points - Feel free to do whatever MT feels is right regarding this guy.

EDIT: TheOptician ran into this guy aswell and experienced the same thing.

I also ran into this guy yesterday with the same behavior against me. The difference is that he started stalling by using 15sec moves right after he lost important pieces, also used the minute brake button 3 times, then request tie three times, then started speaking in Greek, stupid things like I was facing a 12 y.o person. I finally won because he had no chance of getting me quit. I have it on video also, but I can send it by mail to any member of M.T request it.

• Aris1970 and Fairway like this

Member of the Moderating Team

#46 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,235 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:34 PM

I also ran into this guy yesterday with the same behavior against me. The difference is that he started stalling by using 15sec moves right after he lost important pieces, also used the minute brake button 3 times, then request tie three times, then started speaking in Greek, stupid things like I was facing a 12 y.o person. I finally won because he had no chance of getting me quit. I have it on video also, but I can send it by mail to any member of M.T request it.

three cases in one day. That would be a permanent ban if all three are valid (danis's, TheO's, and Nortrom's) right?

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#47 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Miner

• Moderators
  • 198 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:42 PM

I wasnt' t going to report him here for 2 reasons. The first is because I finally won and and the second is because I believe that this is a form of chating, so he should be reported in cheating section. I decided to make the report though to support Nortrom because he lost important points from this case that should be given back.

Edited by danis_p_gr, 04 February 2016 - 10:44 PM.

• Fairway likes this

#48 danis_p_gr

danis_p_gr

Miner

• Moderators
  • 198 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:45 PM

By the way, any update in my case against "battlechat"?

Edited by danis_p_gr, 04 February 2016 - 10:47 PM.

#49 QueenofHearts

QueenofHearts

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:12 AM

three cases in one day. That would be a permanent ban if all three are valid (danis's, TheO's, and Nortrom's) right?

Let's just assume they are and prevent the guy from ruining anyone else's day. IMO this is case where we can assume they are guilty until proven innocence. It's not a court of law. Suspend the account until you can research. No one on this forum that is "well known" is going to bother reporting abusive behavior unless it is genuine. Do it "For the love of the game."

Queenbee

#50 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 720 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:24 AM

By the way, any update in my case against "battlechat"?

Following your complaint , Battle Chat was banned for 1 week , Jan 18-Jan 25.

Sorry if that was not announced previously.

#51 TheOptician

TheOptician

General

• Tournament Manager
  • 2,148 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum General

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:44 AM

The reason I feel so strongly about this type of behaviour (surrender tactics) in particular is due to the intention.

Disconnectors waste minimal time. Players who bad mouth - well, you can just hide battlechat - it doesn't have an impact on the game.

But to endure a minimum of half an hour of tortoise torture, so you have enough evidence to warrant a conviction, makes the effort to report far greater and in turn should make the punishment far less lenient.

Other cases of stalling and draw refusal may be more subjective, but in the cases where they are clear cut, as they are in the behaviour of nikosritz, I feel that stronger punishments should be made clear.

A week ban may be acceptable as a warning, but currently the site rules state a second and then a third warning. Why is such unnecessary lenience shown to such vile behaviour? All offences on this site carry the same light punishment, when clearly there are different levels to the seriousness of the crime.

I'm in favour of one warning in all cases - players, though fully aware that they are being ****s, may not think they are breaking any rules first time round. (By the way - the 50 point deduction is laughable, nikosritz steals these in his sleep)

But it is the leniency of the second offence that bother me. More extreme cases, such as surrender tactics (can you tell I'm trying to coin a phrase) should be dealt with (when such offences are, obviously in unanimous decision) a proper impact to the player. How about an IP ban?

Q of H raises the point that this player could start a new alias and begin offending again. This is actually a great reason to issue stronger punishment. At the very least, let the offender lose all that time they have invested in their username.

You can't punish the person, only the username - so make it a good one.

I would like to call for MT to review how offences are defined and the punishment system that is currently in place.

I don't believe the current system offers players enough protection. Stronger punishments would quite simply cobaiderably reduce such behaviour on this site. Currently a slap on the wrist is a woeful deterrent.
  • match, sevenseas, Fairway and 2 others like this

#52 scottrussia

scottrussia

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Silver Major

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:04 AM

The best way to get rid of all the needless time wasting is to lower the buffer times and move clocks!!!!

If you want to change them back for tournaments, great.  Way too often I sit down to play a game and I then have to choose between leaving the game (and living my life) and letting some jerk get a win or wasting 30 minutes to an hour (or more) of my life.  I usually let emotions behind and simply surrender and get back to real life.

• Moriarty likes this

​Spartan Warriors

KING of the Battlefield!!!!!!

#53 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,049 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:35 PM

Pending administrative action, 24 points will be restored to Nortrom and also taken away from player nikosritz. Further, nikosritz will receive a 50 point penalty for Unsportsmanlike Behavior AND a 3rd degree one-month ban for abusive language in the same game.

The MT has rarely jumped to such a severe penalty for a first time offender, but felt compelled to here in light of Nortrom's clear video and two other complaints against this player being posted this same week by TheOptician and danis_p_gr.

The MT does not hold this case in any way to be an indictment against the 15 second move timer for the typically somewhat slow player. Rather, we feel this is a recognition of the unique and severely unsportsmanlike play in this one instance.
  • match, The Prof, TheOptician and 1 other like this
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#54 Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:05 AM

Let's just assume they are and prevent the guy from ruining anyone else's day. IMO this is case where we can assume they are guilty until proven innocence. It's not a court of law. Suspend the account until you can research. No one on this forum that is "well known" is going to bother reporting abusive behavior unless it is genuine. Do it "For the love of the game."

You know what.  That guy is a jerk but I really dont like you thinking someone is guilty until proven innocent.  If your for liberty and all these "rights," lets not change the law for our liking.

"Everyone pities the weak, jealousy you have to earn."

#55 astros

astros

Major

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:09 AM

You know what. That guy is a jerk but I really dont like you thinking someone is guilty until proven innocent. If your for liberty and all these "rights," lets not change the law for our liking.

You had a whole thread in which you stated you did not need proof to call people cheaters, disconnections and assholes.

http://forum.strateg...tating-players/

Edited by astros, 06 February 2016 - 01:13 AM.

• donald.mallard likes this
3 - 0

#56 Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:16 AM

You had a whole thread in which you stated you did not need proof to call people cheaters, disconnections and assholes.

http://forum.strateg...tating-players/

Yes I did and it was players that I found to be cheaters by the evidence of their gameplay.  Since you cant record games unless the person gives permission the only thing I can do is warn people.  However I am not issuing them a penalty.  Nor am I saying they are guilty in the technical sense.  Just a topic to create info on poor sports that slip through the cracks.

#57 Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:18 AM

Nortum I think this was one of the worst cases I have seen, I would ban him forever, but he'd just open a new account. Until this rudderless ship starts to charge a monthly subscription fee this behavior will go on and on forever.

I think your are inconsistent with your opinions and may be sucking up to nortrom because he is a great player.  This was your comments on the draw refusal case thread.  

QueenofHearts

Scout

• GirlArmy02.png?_r=1454716551
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 104 posts
  • Decal028.png
  • rank9.png

Posted 5 days ago

This whole thread is a joke. Just resign and get over it. All the time admins waste and for what? Play better and you won't get stuck in an unwinnable position.

• texaspete09 likes this

#58 godfather76

godfather76

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:31 PM

I would like to report greek player parias for abusive behavior. He couldn't accept that he has lost the game and any greek can confirm that he used offensive words :

http://i.imgur.com/7ZJz23M.png

#59 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 720 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:59 PM

I would like to report greek player parias for abusive behavior. 

A case has been opened for you by the MT

#60 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 720 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:59 PM

reporting this person.  http://i.imgur.com/Bv6s4Ye.png

A case also opened for this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic