#61 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,903 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:18 PM

You will need screenshots. Otherwise it isn't a valid case.

WINNER of the first ever Astros Stratego Series! :D

#62 njphillips12

njphillips12

Miner

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:45 PM

I know I'm just curious if the MT will review even though I ended up winning the game.
  • johannnes and Fairway like this
- N

#63 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:59 AM

Vinicius C

We're going round in circles because he's bummed he cant catch my last scout, both flags bombed in....but he wont draw. Pathetic!

#64 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:43 AM

Still going strong! I've got 4 screen shots and have notified Gary and an online moderator....can I just quit? Will my points be returned and his taken away? Will he be banned?

#65 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:57 AM

Ok so why cant I paste the links to my screen shots? There is no pasting option?

#66 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:58 AM

Im really annoyed about this - Gary can I just email you the screen shots? This moron carried on for an HOUR and there's no way in hell he's keeping these points. I've got all the evidence but this forum makes it hard to post them. I will want this resolved tomorrow please.

#67 njphillips12

njphillips12

Miner

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Spy

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:58 AM

Im really annoyed about this - Gary can I just email you the screen shots? This moron carried on for an HOUR and there's no way in hell he's keeping these points. I've got all the evidence but this forum makes it hard to post them. I will want this resolved tomorrow please.

If you have a case, I believe Gary will let you email screenshots. If you need help with your case i'll show you how to upload screenshots. Just forfeit, and take a screenshot of the defeat screen.

• Lonello likes this
- N

#68 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:31 PM

Thanks - Gary has messaged me and I shall try again tonight to upload them. I want everyone to see what this POS is up to. He's played over 1500 games so he knew what was what. He needs to be BANNED.

It does beg the question though, why can't we set timers for games like Gravon offers? It's great on Gravon when this situation arises, as you just let the time expire.

• Lonello likes this

#69 Lonello

Lonello

General

• Honorary members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Marshal

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:02 PM

still curious if the MT would review this and possible issue a 50 point penalty for a draw refusal

We will look at it if you offer us a strong case, sure!

Lo

#70 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:26 PM

Just to clarify something I think is not understood. The moderators cannot enter into games live to review them as in other sites. We have this procedure of screenshots in the GS&F rules here:

http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2014/

All anyone has to do is to offer a tie and take a screenshot of the refusal, play for ten minutes more, take another screen, quit the game (make SURE to take the defeat details screenshot!), and then you can make a case in this topic.

If you don't know how to upload screenshots, it's time to learn. There are many web hosting sites. I personally use www.imgur.com

Also, please note that the ten minutes between your screenshots MUST SHOW NO PROGRESS by your opponent. It is his responsibility to ADVANCE the game if he refuses a tie request. Generally, this means he should be attacking. And he is given ten minutes to do so, if he's making any kind of attempt at all.

So anyone who waits 30 minutes, 45 minutes, an hour or more, because someone won't accept a draw, that's unfortunate. Ten minutes is usually all you need from the point of the first draw refusal you have a screenshot of.

I further want to say that each moderator can choose to give out his email address for accepting claims for draws and abuse, or not (which is my position), but we don't hear cases behind closed doors. We'll be happy to talk and discuss anything via pm. But all cases must ultimately be made in the proper public forum before the MT will officially consider them. So it's best to learn the process if you have to and report them publicly yourself.

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#71 iron_maiden

iron_maiden

Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Sergeant

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:35 PM

http://imgur.com/rR57NmV

http://imgur.com/0ckvtN4

http://imgur.com/DaDNCmo

Right, I see you have to click that icon on the top left of the box to be able to paste links, didn't realise that.

So here's my pictures, I didn't know of course I had to screen shot a tie request but in the last image you can see my tie request icon has faded, showing I used up my 3 requests. The game time is well over an hour as well. Also you have to look closely but you can see the time in the bottom right of my screen and see how long is between pictures, well over 10 minutes. I hope this is sufficient to get something done about this POS!

Edited by iron_maiden, 09 February 2016 - 09:36 PM.

#72 QueenofHearts

QueenofHearts

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:33 PM

Why does this topic exist? You can quit at any time and ELO can be won back in the next game. This is just whining for the sake of whining. If you don't want to waste your time playing games online then don't waste your life playing games. Think it is unfair? Like is unfair.

The above comment was not directed at anyone or intended to make anyone mad, but someone will take offense. I don't see any of the top players complaining. When someone won't take a draw just hit the flag and walk away. Ego points are not money.

This is the last time I will look in on this thread as it is laughable that it even exists.

• Moriarty likes this

Queenbee

#73 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,903 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:19 PM

A lot of people care about their ELO. Unlike, quite obviously, you.

• Moriarty likes this

#74 Moriarty

Moriarty

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:19 AM

Why does this topic exist? You can quit at any time and ELO can be won back in the next game. This is just whining for the sake of whining. If you don't want to waste your time playing games online then don't waste your life playing games. Think it is unfair? Like is unfair.

The above comment was not directed at anyone or intended to make anyone mad, but someone will take offense. I don't see any of the top players complaining. When someone won't take a draw just hit the flag and walk away. Ego points are not money.

This is the last time I will look in on this thread as it is laughable that it even exists.

I'm complaining, but I'm by no means top

I have no idea what that thing under my avatar is. I've always liked stickers

#75 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Flagbearer

• Moderators
  • 5,754 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:43 AM

Why does this topic exist? You can quit at any time and ELO can be won back in the next game.

Queen, the short answer is to provide some measure of justice, the old name of the MT. Also, there are definite times when your math can be wrong. Nortrom just had a case in point where he lost 24 points to a low ranked player who played very unsportsmanlike. It will take him 12 games to get that back, assuming he gets 2 points a game, 24 if he gets only 1. (The minimum might be 2--I've never been that much better than anyone to find that out. :))

So in the case of low versus high you have a clear example of what a bad player can cause.
  • Fairway likes this

i77rs4m.jpg

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#76 Moriarty

Moriarty

Major

• Members
  • 1,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:46 AM

its possible to get one i believe. Had a game vs Gentleben where he won and got 1 point of me. Then he got matched with me again, getting another point. lol.

#77 QueenofHearts

QueenofHearts

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:30 AM

Gary, please give 20 of my ELO points to iron_maiden. Also consider me as a bank of ELO. Any time someone is refused a draw, feel free to take my points to compensate them for their loss.

Queenbee

#78 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,903 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Scout

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:39 AM

Gary, please give 20 of my ELO points to iron_maiden. Also consider me as a bank of ELO. Any time someone is refused a draw, feel free to take my points to compensate them for their loss.

Really? You can just stop being sarcastic.

We already understand you don't care about your rank in stratego.

But some of us do. And that is the way we are. Yep, you heard me right. Some of us actually care about our fantasy points.

Just accept it. And don't make fun of us.

BTW, admins don't need 'banks' to dispense ELO from. They just add it.

The real purpose of this thread is to punish the draw refusers. An added bonus is the points back.

Edited by Fairway, 10 February 2016 - 01:42 AM.

• sevenseas likes this

#79 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Major

• Honorary members
  • 1,242 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:27 AM

You are both correct. That is my mistake. I had a lieutenant, spy, and scout. And he had a sergeant remaining. We were in an endless chase until he went after my spy, and then I was able to trap him in the corner. Otherwise, we would have been in an endless chase around the lake Stupid on his part. Suffice it to say, it was impossible for either of us to win save his stupid error, and he was still refusing my draw requests. I'm still curious if the MT would review this and possible issue a 50 point penalty for a draw refusal.

No he would not get the penalty . As Gary says above , you only have to wait 10 minutes after the 1st draw refusal , then , if no progress has been made , you offer tie again ,and if it is declined you can just surrender and get the points back through the process here .

If the player requesting ties decides to continue after the 10 minutes , to see if the opponent finally accepts a draw , or maybe makes an error which causes them to lose (as happened here) , then the match did not end in a draw refusal.

If it takes an hour for the opponent to agree the draw then that is very annoying but you need not play for more than 10 minutes after the initial refusal..

#80 Moriarty

Moriarty

Major

• Members
  • 1,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:05 AM

Takes a lot of work to gain even 5 points sometimes in platinum. I have just found that out and hold Hielco and Nortrom in new respect

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users