#41 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,235 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:29 PM

If he finally drew, I don't believe this is a case. you both got what you wanted.

Edited by Fairway, 30 January 2016 - 12:30 PM.

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#42 AzorAhai

AzorAhai

Spy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:31 PM

He finally draw after 1 hour. He will do it again, but well I just care for his futur opponents, if you don't wish to warn him despite my three screens, do as you wish.

Thanks for answering though.

• Mr. Smith, sevenseas and Fairway like this

#43 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,235 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:54 PM

He finally draw after 1 hour. He will do it again, but well I just care for his futur opponents, if you don't wish to warn him despite my three screens, do as you wish.

Thanks for answering though.

Well, just 2 let U know, I will not be harming anyone.

That is the Moderator's job to do that. (GaryLShelton, The Prof, SymmeTric, Tobermoryx, Midnightguy, Lonello, ect.) 

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#44 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,049 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:10 PM

He drew after 1 hour of moving the same three units.

I just hope you do something to punish him.

His name is Gino27

AzorAhai, you should read the rules that Napoleon 1er references above.  Here they are again.

http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2014/

For your next experience similar to this just offer a draw request and give your opponent ten minutes to advance the game.  Keep in mind that "advancing the game" is a somewhat subjective assessment by the moderators, and therefore make doubly sure that your opponent does indeed do this. Attacking is usually game advancement on his part, but it's not always required to prove advancement nor 100% evidence that advancement has occurred in a game.  

In this case gino27 apparently didn't want to risk you getting by to lotto for his open flag or especially allow your miner through.  Whether he knew the miner or not, the standard of ten minutes for game advancement would have applied here, and saved you from waiting so terribly long.  The other thing here that's critical is that you are not showing us time stamps on your screenshots.  This by itself will invalidate your claim in the vast majority of instances, as there is no evidence to prove your claim of time passed, in this instance an hour's duration.  So try and get the time stamps next time as well.

The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#45 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 720 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:15 AM

The MT has voted to issue a 1st degree penalty to lionheart1976 for draw refusal in his game versus whocaresman.

Pending administrative action, 13 points will be deducted from lionheart1976 and 13 points will be restored to whocaresman. Then, 50 points will also be subtracted from lionheart1976 's rating for the 1st degree draw refusal violation and he will be sent a warning letter. 

#46 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 720 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:18 AM

The MT has ruled that there is not enough evidence to find against galika in the draw refusal case brought against him by Master Mind.

• Master Mind likes this

#47 SymmeTric

SymmeTric

Sergeant

• Dutch Tournament Manager
  • 327 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Major

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:46 PM

I have another draw refusal case, this time against the player "sultan61"  The screenshots clearly show my flag is bombed, he is out of miners, his marshal, general, and one of his colonels are dead.  I know his other colonel, and I have a colonel that he can't capture.  We shuffled for almost 20 mins and are clearly in more or less the same position in the game the whole time.  

The MT has found sultan61 guilty of 1st degree draw refusal. 13 points will be deducted from sultan61 and restored to whocaresman. Furthermore, 50 points will be subtracted from sultan61 for 1st degree draw refusal and he will be sent a warning letter. 

• johannnes likes this
There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.Ronald Reagen

#48 QueenofHearts

QueenofHearts

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:11 PM

This whole thread is a joke. Just resign and get over it. All the time admins waste and for what? Play better and you won't get stuck in an unwinnable position.

Queenbee

#49 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,049 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:27 PM

This whole thread is a joke. Just resign and get over it. All the time admins waste and for what? Play better and you won't get stuck in an unwinnable position.

If one doesn't care about his rank, then certainly your opinion carries sense. But for those who do care about their rank, which is a perfectly reasonable expectation that I'd say most players on the site feel, then we're doing the best we can under the constraints given to us. There is no autodraw, or game limit, to end games that should be ended. There's only the system we've got. Is it perfect? Of course not, but we try to make the best of it.

It's a safe bet that there is no player here that hasn't been hit with a draw refuser at some point. As long as I can do something about it, I'm going to, although if your anger were aimed at improving the system, I'd be right with you.
  • johannnes, Mr. Smith, njphillips12 and 2 others like this
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#50 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:29 PM

The MT has voted to issue a 1st degree penalty to Robert_E_Lee for draw refusal in his game versus sevenseas.

Pending administrative action, 13 points will be deducted from Robert_E_Lee and 13 points will be restored to sevenseas. Then, 50 points will also be subtracted from the Robert_E_Lee 's rating for the 1st degree draw refusal violation and he will be sent a warning letter.

When will I get my 13 points back?

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#51 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,049 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:04 PM

When will I get my 13 points back?

Looks like it actually was taken care of just today. You should see the points today also.

#52 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:56 PM

Looks like it actually was taken care of just today. You should see the points today also.

I haven't got any extra points today. 

#53 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,049 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:28 PM

I haven't got any extra points today.

sevenseas, I'm actually not sure precisely when they should hit your account. Please keep a very watchful eye on it and report back. The mod request was satisfied today but it could still be a couple days. I expect, as in all things here, there's some variance. If you don't see them by the end of tomorrow, I'll put in an investigation on it.

#54 njphillips12

njphillips12

Miner

• NASF Committee
  • 217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:02 AM

To the MT: 

I just had a very interesting situation occur, and I'm wondering if it's appropriate for MT review for unreasonable draw refusal. 

On the board, I had a lieutenant, a spy, and a scout. Opponent has only a captain, and both of our flags are sealed. I was not in a position to capture his captain, and so I requested a tie. Two tie requests were refused. As we continue play pursuant to the rules, I talk in the chat to make the record clear. Unfortunately for this fool, he took my bait and I allowed him to capture my spy which allowed me to pin his captain, and I ended up winning the game. 

My question is whether this scenario is appropriate for MT review even though I won. The draw requests were clearly unreasonable. Please advise.

• johannnes likes this
- N

#55 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:06 PM

sevenseas, I'm actually not sure precisely when they should hit your account. Please keep a very watchful eye on it and report back. The mod request was satisfied today but it could still be a couple days. I expect, as in all things here, there's some variance. If you don't see them by the end of tomorrow, I'll put in an investigation on it.

I still haven't received the points I'm afraid

#56 Moriarty

Moriarty

Major

• Members
  • 1,178 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Colonel

Posted 05 February 2016 - 06:05 PM

Sending email to Customer Care gets you points overnight
I have no idea what that thing under my avatar is. I've always liked stickers

#57 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,049 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:39 PM

I still haven't received the points I'm afraid

I will pursue this as promised.  Thanks for letting me know.  The reason for the delay I do not understand.

Gary

• sevenseas likes this

#58 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,235 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:36 PM

To the MT: 

I just had a very interesting situation occur, and I'm wondering if it's appropriate for MT review for unreasonable draw refusal. 

On the board, I had a lieutenant, a spy, and a scout. Opponent has only a captain, and both of our flags are sealed. I was not in a position to capture his captain, and so I requested a tie. Two tie requests were refused. As we continue play pursuant to the rules, I talk in the chat to make the record clear. Unfortunately for this fool, he took my bait and I allowed him to capture my spy which allowed me to pin his captain, and I ended up winning the game. 

My question is whether this scenario is appropriate for MT review even though I won. The draw requests were clearly unreasonable. Please advise.

HI, may I ask, how could you capture his captain if you had not a captain or a piece higher than it?

• tobermoryx likes this

#59 tobermoryx

tobermoryx

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • 720 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Spy

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:17 PM

To the MT: 

As Fairway says it is not clear from the board description how you could have won the game ! .

It is sometimes the case that a player just doesn't recognise a clear draw situation ,maybe from lack of experience and continues the game thinking they will get a chance to win somehow . If he was reckless enough to allow you to trap his last piece then maybe he was really 'trying to win' , so if by doing that he was giving you a chance to trap him he could not be guilty of draw refusal , as he makes the game no longer a clear draw by giving up his piece.

#60 njphillips12

njphillips12

Miner

• NASF Committee
  • 217 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:05 PM

As Fairway says it is not clear from the board description how you could have won the game ! .

It is sometimes the case that a player just doesn't recognise a clear draw situation ,maybe from lack of experience and continues the game thinking they will get a chance to win somehow . If he was reckless enough to allow you to trap his last piece then maybe he was really 'trying to win' , so if by doing that he was giving you a chance to trap him he could not be guilty of draw refusal , as he makes the game no longer a clear draw by giving up his piece.

HI, may I ask, how could you capture his captain if you had not a captain or a piece higher than it?

You are both correct. That is my mistake. I had a lieutenant, spy, and scout. And he had a sergeant remaining. We were in an endless chase until he went after my spy, and then I was able to trap him in the corner. Otherwise, we would have been in an endless chase around the lake Stupid on his part. Suffice it to say, it was impossible for either of us to win save his stupid error, and he was still refusing my draw requests. I'm still curious if the MT would review this and possible issue a 50 point penalty for a draw refusal.

- N

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users