#21 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,049 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:23 PM

This is not a case of clear cheating, but it is irritating. I played JBond who has a low number of games and had a 774 ranking. I know that duplicate accounts have been mentioned many times before, but it is irritating, especially when they are not declared.

Secondly, I got disconnected in the middle of the game and he wouldn't share what pieces he had lost. He responded on chat later about something else (saying I got lucky when I killed many of his pieces with a lieutenant) so I know he was seeing the chat. Not really cheating but bad sportsmanship. I do wish Jumbo could fix this glitch. I had completely forgotten much of the pieces that I had taken and it probably cost me the game.

I wish I could say there were some remedy against duplicate accounts here. Or proudly that they are forbidden. Alas. :(
As for an opponent not helping you out in that situation it's pretty much poor sportsmanship, I agree, but probably not usually enforceable arising when it does from a BattleChat conversation due to language issues inherent in our multilingual site.

I can tell you on the glitch part itself that this was the also the case in the new app when it first began, but as far as I can tell it's been fixed there. I've lost connection a few times since, and have not lost my graveyards in a long while now.

They are simply not putting the effort into current web version any more. Sadly.
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#22 Fairway

Fairway

General

• Junior Tournament Management
  • 2,235 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:29 PM

Yes. So the thing I dont get is when Gary said the MT will review the Shoogie case. Just exactly what can they do about it? Its not illegal or against the rules...

(not that I approve but just curious)

It has been reversed. Once the video was removed, Shoogie decided not to have a case.

I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#23 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 314 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:49 PM

iag69 is definitely a cheat.  Very few games played, a high elo, and knew my exact setup even though i never played him before that I remember. Definitely a multiple account user that writes down people's setups.  I know nothing can be done, just a warning to others about him.

#24 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:55 PM

Thanks for letting us know. I'll be sure to change my setup if I ever encounter him. 

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#25 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 314 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 01 May 2016 - 09:20 PM

TOK

Another cheat, less than 150 games played, an ELO over 800, I never played him before, and clearly had my setup written down.  Nobody can lotto with that much precision.

• Fairway likes this

#26 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,235 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 01 May 2016 - 09:35 PM

Definitely, Steelers.

I played him in QA, and my marshal was unknown. He lottoed my minor, scout, spy, then traded generals.

He obviously in a fan of QA as well, who really cares to cheat in that?

• steelers likes this
I'm always a winner- win or lose the game. I take my mistakes and learn from them!

#27 Vap0r

Vap0r

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:45 PM

What's the best way to post images or screen shots here?

#28 Fairway

Fairway

General

• 2,235 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Scout

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:54 PM

What's the best way to post images or screen shots here?

imgur.com

• Vap0r likes this

#29 Vap0r

Vap0r

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold General

Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:31 AM

I don't know if it's cheating or glitching or whatnot, but here are some players who have False Ranking/Symbol.

@ Gaius Marius Below

Edited by Vap0r, 04 May 2016 - 08:42 PM.

#30 Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Colonel

Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:33 AM

I don't know if it's cheating or glitching or whatnot, but here are some players who have False Ranking/Symbol.

Here's one:

http://imgur.com/QIz2X53

Here's another:

I'm having trouble getting an image URL for this one...The Image URL isn't valid but their name is "Alfonso" and was at 552 ELO while Bronze Spy.

Its a glitch in the game.  Sometimes after a tie your rank goes down to bronze spy.

• Fairway likes this

"Everyone pities the weak, jealousy you have to earn."

#31 Witherguy12

Witherguy12

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:27 PM

I agree that permission is needed before posting videos online. It is very good etiquette to do so. However, he doesn't need permission to do so theoretically as there's nothing stopping him from posting the video regardless. 

My best advice is to ask politely before the game starts not to have the game recorded, if you don't want it to be recorded. 

Well make a totally different setup or one similar, but it is a trick/trap setup.

#32 Witherguy12

Witherguy12

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:29 PM

Its a glitch in the game.  Sometimes after a tie your rank goes down to bronze spy

Your rank can go up, if you are the underdog.

#33 steelers

steelers

Sergeant

• Tournament Manager
  • 314 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Captain

Posted 07 May 2016 - 05:33 PM

Ritos

Another cheat alternate account.  People that write down other peoples setups and use alternate accounts to exploit them really need to get lives.  

#34 sevenseas

sevenseas

Major

• Banned
  • 1,037 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Platinum Marshal

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:42 PM

Inil lottoed the heck out of me just now... he's a cheater who knows my setup

I play as Sevenseas & Don't Cry

#35 trickz

trickz

Major

• Banned
  • 1,450 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Captain

Posted 13 May 2016 - 02:49 AM

Inil lottoed the heck out of me just now... he's a cheater who knows my setup

All possible in the alias-world,....I've had it incountable times as well

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning

#36 bombass

bombass

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 21 May 2016 - 11:13 PM

hi, 

i wan't to report nikosritz

not only he said nasty things, he also did some kind of trick that got me out of the game.

Something similar happend to me some time ago, but i had no screen capture.

Now i have them.

I also have one where he deserve cancer to my family and other nasty things.,,,

thank you and best regards

Edited by bombass, 21 May 2016 - 11:14 PM.

#37 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,049 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:36 AM

nikosritz has been PB'd by the MT just today and the decision has not been processed by the admins yet. It will be that he is gone soon enough.
The complete GS&F Rules can be found here: http://forum.strateg...rum-rules-2016/

Draw Refusal Rules, specifically, can be read here: http://forum.strateg...604#entry339604

#38 bombass

bombass

New Recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Lieutenant

Posted 22 May 2016 - 03:00 PM

nikosritz has been PB'd by the MT just today and the decision has not been processed by the admins yet. It will be that he is gone soon enough.

Would it be possible for me to recover my cheated (stolen) points back?

#39 GaryLShelton

GaryLShelton

Marshal

• Moderators
  • 4,049 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Gold Miner

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:14 PM

Would it be possible for me to recover my cheated (stolen) points back?

Yes, post your screenshots here and we'll look at them and probably restore your points.

#40 Witherguy12

Witherguy12

Bomb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Coat of arms
  • Bronze Spy

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:49 PM

Its a glitch in the game.  Sometimes after a tie your rank goes down to bronze spy.

I had that one time. I entered another ranked game, and when it is over, it was fixed to my normal rank. (It still when up or down, when you lose.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users